The Telangana government has launched the 2 BHK Housing Scheme. This visionary initiative is aimed at providing comfortable and affordable housing to those who currently reside in makeshift huts or rented accommodations. The ultimate goal is to transform Hyderabad into a slum-free city while offering a higher quality of life to the lower-income groups in Telangana.
The Epitome of Prestigious Housing Projects in Asia
The Telangana 2 BHK Housing Scheme stands as a shining example among the most prestigious housing projects in Asia. The state government has actively engaged licensed developers to spearhead projects under this scheme, making homeownership more accessible to the masses. To expedite construction efforts, the government has slashed the deposit requirement from 3% to a mere 1%. Additionally, contractors participating in the scheme are entitled to receive free sand, further incentivizing their involvement.
Empowering Communities through Sustainable Initiatives
A key aspect of this housing scheme is the construction of modern amenities that ensure a high standard of living for residents. These homes are equipped with essential facilities such as water supply, electricity, and efficient drainage systems. Moreover, each housing block boasts a range of community amenities, including parks, schools, libraries, fire stations, and convenient bus stops. To enhance space utilization, these homes feature two spacious lofts. The 2 BHK houses are strategically situated in Adilabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Mahboobnagar, Medak, Nalgonda, Nizamabad, Hyderabad, Ranga Reddy, and Warangal. Key figures such as district collectors, government administrators, and the GHMC commissioner collaborate closely with the director of Telangana State Housing Corporation to ensure the scheme’s success. Impressively, these 2 BHK flats, priced between Rs. 5 lakhs and Rs. 8.65 lakhs, are offered at no cost to eligible beneficiaries. The housing department has embarked on constructing 2.8 lakh units to cater to the housing needs of the community.
Synergizing with PMAY for Enhanced Impact
To bolster the financial resources for this ambitious endeavor, the Telangana government has integrated the 2 BHK Housing Scheme with the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY). This merger aims to achieve greater funding for construction, furthering the government’s commitment to providing affordable housing solutions. While a single unit under the 2 BHK scheme costs around Rs. 5.30 lakhs, the integration with PMAY reduces the financial burden on the state government to Rs. 3.80 lakhs per unit. Funding is sourced from various channels, including Housing and Urban Development Corporation (HUDCO), PMAY funds, and the state’s revenue. The government has already invested a substantial sum of Rs. 6,792 crore in the Telangana 2 BHK Housing Scheme, resulting in the development of 7 lakh sq. ft. of housing space.
Eligibility Criteria for Aspiring Beneficiaries
To be eligible for the 2 BHK Housing Scheme, individuals and families must meet specific criteria:
- They must fall below the poverty line (BPL) and possess a valid food security card (FSC).
- Possession of a valid BPL identity card is also a qualifying factor.
- The house will be registered in the name of the female head of the family.
- Applicants must currently reside in a hut or a rented house and not own a concrete house.
- Beneficiaries should not be recipients of any other housing scheme.
- Units will be allocated solely in the name of the woman of the family through a lottery system.
Documents Required for Application
Aspiring beneficiaries need to provide the following documents when applying for the 2 BHK Housing Scheme:
- Address proof
- Identity card
- Aadhaar card
- Passport-sized photographs
- Asara pension card (if applicable)
Cost Breakdown of 2 BHK Houses
The cost of 2 BHK houses under the scheme varies based on the location and type of construction. Here’s a breakdown of the unit cost per house:
- Rural (G+1): Rs. 5,40,000
- Urban (G+1): Rs. 5,30,000
- GHMC (G+3): Rs. 7,00,000
- GHMC (C+S+9): Rs. 7,90,000
Unit Cost with Infrastructure and Without Infrastructure:
- Rural: Rs. 6.29 lakh (with infra), Rs. 5.04 lakh (without infra)
- Urban: Rs. 6.05 lakh (with infra), Rs. 5.30 lakh (without infra)
- GHMC up to G+3: Rs. 7.75 lakh (with infra), Rs. 7.00 lakh (without infra)
- GHMC C+S+9: Rs. 8.65 lakh (with infra), Rs. 7.90 lakh (without infra)
How to Apply for the 2 BHK Housing Scheme
To apply for the 2 BHK Housing Scheme, follow these steps:
- Visit any MeeSeva center in Telangana and submit your application along with copies of required documents, including address proof, identity card, Aadhaar card, and Aasara Pension Card.
- Complete the application form with your personal and family details, income information, Aadhaar card number, address proof details, contact number, and details about your current housing situation.
- Additionally, submit a passport-sized photograph along with your application.
Current Status and Future Prospects
While the scheme has made commendable progress, certain challenges, such as cost and evacuation-related issues, have led to a temporary slowdown in construction. As of now, 1.23 lakh homes have been successfully completed, with an additional 55,764 units currently under construction. Furthermore, 32,008 units are ready for possession, while another 91,306 units are undergoing final touches.
In conclusion, Telangana’s 2 BHK Housing Scheme represents a significant stride towards providing affordable and comfortable housing to the underprivileged sections of society. By merging with PMAY and actively involving licensed developers, the government aims to fulfill its promise of a brighter future for the people of Telangana.
Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme Construction Guidelines
To ensure the successful implementation of the Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme, specific construction patterns and design standards are in place:
- Location Selection: The District Collector is responsible for selecting suitable government property, if available, adjacent to villages or municipalities for constructing housing layouts.
- Plot Size in Rural Areas: Independent homes in rural areas should have individual plots of 125 square yards.
- Consideration for Limited Land: In significant Gram Panchayats, the District Collectors may consider constructing G+1 dwellings if the available land is limited.
- Urban Construction: In metropolitan areas, houses should be constructed in a G+ pattern. The decision on the number of floors should take into account the availability of land, and this is under the jurisdiction of the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation’s District Collectors/Commissioner.
- Proximity to Mandal Headquarters: For housing sites within 2 kilometers of the Mandal headquarters, the guidelines from G.O.Ms. 1493 dt1.12.2007, Revenue (Asst. POT) Dept. may be applied.
- Distribution of Apartments: In G+ houses, the distribution of apartments must be done through lots. Physically challenged families (PHCs) should be allocated apartments on the ground floor for accessibility.
Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme Design
The design of each house under the scheme includes the following features:
- Room Configuration: Each house consists of two bedrooms, a hall, a kitchen, and two bathrooms with combined toilets. The plinth area is 560 square feet, which includes the area of the staircase in rural areas and the staircase & common area in urban locations.
- Kitchen Platform: A platform in the kitchen is provided as a standard feature.
- Storage Lofts: Each home includes two lofts for storing furniture and other items.
- Toilet Location: Toilets can be either inside or outside homes in rural locations, as specified in the design.
- Access to Funding: District Collectors have access to funding from schemes like NREGS (National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme) and Swachh Bharat for building restrooms.
Subsidies for Stakeholders
The Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme offers various subsidies to stakeholders, as listed on the official website:
- Cement is provided at a discounted rate of Rs. 230 per bag.
- Basic costs and seigniorage on sand are exempted.
- The earnest money deposit has been reduced from 2.5% to 1%.
- Fly ash is provided free of cost if needed within 100 kilometers. A 50% discount is offered for distances between 100 and 300 kilometers.
- The two-year defect liability period has been reduced to one year.
- Pricing adjustments are made for steel to accommodate current project requirements.
- Funds from the Swachh Bharat Mission and the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA) are utilized for constructing toilets as part of the housing program.
Steps to Apply Online for Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme
To apply for the Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme online, follow these steps:
- Complete the application form, which can be downloaded using the provided link or obtained from a nearby MeeSeva facility.
- Ensure that you fill out all sections of the application form accurately.
- Include the name of the housing program your family previously used to obtain a home, such as Valmiki Ambedkar Awas Yojana (VAMBAY), Rajiv Gruha Kalpa (RGK), Indiramma-1, Indiramma-2, Indiramma-3, Indiramma Urban Permanent Housing (UPH), or Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission.
- Attach a passport-sized photo and copies of essential documents, including the ration card, food security card, Aadhaar card, BPL card, and ASARA pension card.
- Submit the completed application to the local MeeSeva facility or the district’s Gram Sabha.
By following these guidelines and procedures, eligible individuals and families can take advantage of the Telangana 2BHK Housing Scheme to secure affordable housing and improve their living conditions.