Telangana State Formation Day 2023 Government to Celebrate Decennial for 21 Days in Hyderabad: Showcasing Achievements, Welfare Schemes, and Festivals Get all the details about the Telangana Government’s grand celebration of the State Formation Decennial in Hyderabad. Discover the achievements, welfare schemes, and festivals that will be showcased during this 21-day event.
Telangana Formation Day Celebrations 2023 Introduction
Telangana, one of the youngest states in India, is all set to commemorate its State Formation Decennial with great pomp and grandeur. The Telangana Government has organized a 21-day event in Hyderabad, the state capital, to showcase the remarkable achievements, welfare schemes, and vibrant festivals that have defined the past decade. This celebration aims to highlight the progress and development that Telangana has witnessed since its formation. Let’s delve into the details of this momentous occasion and explore what makes it so special.
Telangana Government’s State Formation Decennial Celebration
The Telangana Government’s State Formation Decennial celebration is an opportunity to reflect upon the state’s journey over the past ten years. It is a time to commemorate the visionaries, leaders, and citizens who have contributed to Telangana’s growth and prosperity. The government has meticulously planned a 21-day extravaganza that will captivate the hearts of residents and visitors alike.
Showcasing Achievements of Telangana Government
The State Formation Decennial celebration will serve as a platform to showcase the significant achievements of the Telangana Government. From infrastructure development to education reforms, the government has been instrumental in transforming the state. Key milestones like Mission Bhagiratha, Mission Kakatiya, and the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project have garnered international acclaim for their impact on water conservation and rural development.
Mission Bhagiratha: Empowering Communities with Clean Water
Mission Bhagiratha, a flagship project of the Telangana Government, has transformed the lives of millions by providing access to clean and safe drinking water. The ambitious initiative aims to supply piped drinking water to every household in the state, ensuring a healthy and hygienic environment. With its successful implementation, the government has uplifted communities and reduced the burden of water scarcity.
Mission Kakatiya: Resurrecting Lakes for Sustainable Agriculture
Telangana’s agricultural landscape has undergone a remarkable transformation through Mission Kakatiya. This innovative project focuses on restoring thousands of lakes and tanks, improving groundwater levels, and enhancing the overall agricultural productivity of the state. By reviving these water bodies, the government has not only rejuvenated the environment but also empowered farmers with sustainable irrigation solutions.
Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project: A Marvel of Engineering
The Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project stands as a testament to the Telangana Government’s commitment to sustainable water management. This engineering marvel connects various rivers and reservoirs, enabling the seamless supply of water for irrigation, drinking, and industrial purposes. The project has significantly boosted agriculture and industries while ushering in a new era of prosperity for Telangana.
Emphasizing Welfare Schemes and Inclusive Growth
The Telangana Government’s welfare schemes have played a pivotal role in uplifting marginalized communities and ensuring inclusive growth. Through these initiatives, the government aims to bridge the socio-economic gap and provide equal opportunities for all its citizens.
Rythu Bandhu Scheme: Empowering Farmers
The Rythu Bandhu Scheme, also known as the Farmer’s Investment Support Scheme, has revolutionized agricultural practices in Telangana. Under this scheme, farmers receive direct financial assistance to meet their investment needs, including the purchase of seeds, fertilizers, and other agricultural inputs. This support has empowered farmers and bolstered their confidence, leading to increased agricultural productivity and improved rural livelihoods.
KCR Kit Scheme: Nurturing Motherhood
The KCR Kit Scheme is a unique initiative that focuses on the health and well-being of expectant mothers and newborns. Through this program, pregnant women receive a kit containing essential items, including clothes, baby products, and healthcare supplies. The scheme aims to reduce infant and maternal mortality rates while ensuring a healthy start to life for every child born in Telangana.
Mission Bhagya Rekha: Housing for the Underprivileged
The Mission Bhagya Rekha scheme addresses the housing needs of the economically weaker sections of society. Through this initiative, the government aims to provide affordable housing units to the underprivileged, empowering them with a safe and secure place to call home. This scheme has made remarkable progress in reducing homelessness and improving the living conditions of thousands of families.
Celebrating Vibrant Festivals of Telangana
In addition to its achievements and welfare schemes, Telangana is renowned for its rich cultural heritage and vibrant festivals. The State Formation Decennial celebration will feature a splendid display of these festivities, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in the unique traditions and customs of the region.
Bathukamma: The Floral Festival
Bathukamma, a colorful and exuberant festival, holds a special place in the hearts of Telangana residents. Celebrated during Navaratri, this festival involves the worship of Goddess Bathukamma, where women create beautiful flower arrangements and offer prayers for prosperity and well-being. The State Formation Decennial celebration will showcase the grandeur of Bathukamma, captivating visitors with its rhythmic dances and melodic songs.
Bonalu: Honoring the Mother Goddess
Bonalu is a traditional festival celebrated with great fervor in Telangana, particularly in the city of Hyderabad. This unique festival involves worshiping the Mother Goddess and offering her various offerings, including rice, curd, and vermicelli. The State Formation Decennial celebration will bring the spirit of Bonalu to life, providing visitors with an immersive experience of the festival’s vibrant processions and cultural performances.
Sammakka Saralamma Jatara: A Divine Pilgrimage
The Sammakka Saralamma Jatara is one of the largest tribal festivals in the country, attracting millions of devotees from far and wide. Held in the honor of the tribal goddesses Sammakka and Saralamma, this grand pilgrimage showcases the unity and devotion of the people of Telangana. The State Formation Decennial celebration will provide an opportunity to witness the grandeur of this revered festival and learn about the rich tribal heritage of the region.
KCR Sanctions Rs. 105 Crore for Formation Day Celebrations
Formation Day is an annual event commemorating the establishment of a state or region. It holds immense significance as it marks the day when a region gained independence or statehood. For Hyderabad, Formation Day serves as a testament to the city’s rich history and its journey toward progress and development.
The Government has decided to celebrate 10 years of the formation of the State in a grand and befitting manner by organizing the “Telangana Rashtra Avatarana Dashabdi Utsavalu” across the State.
The State Level Inaugural function of “Telangana Rashtra Avatarana Dashabdi Utsavalu” will be held on 02.06.2023 and Hon’ble Chief Minister will unfurl the National Flag at state headquarters at Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Telangana State Secretariat, Hyderabad.
The following Ministers / Dignitaries noted against each District are requested to pay floral tributes at the Telangana Martyrs’ Memorials. In every district the Collector and CP/SP shall follow the dignitary, first to the memorial and offer Floral tributes at Telangana Martyrs’ Memorial. Thereafter, the Ministers / Dignitaries noted against each District are requested to unfurl the National Flag.
|SL. No.||DISTRICT||NAME OF THE MINISTER/ DIGNITARY SARVASRI/SMT/ DR.|
|1||ADILABAD||SRI GAMPA GOVARDHAN GOVT. WHIP,TSLA|
|2||BHADRADRI KOTHAGUDEM||SRI REGA KANTHA RAO GOVT. WHIP,TSLA|
|3||JAGTIAL||SRI KOPPULA ESHWAR MINISTER FOR SCHEDULED CASTE DEVELOPMENT, MINORITY WELFARE, DISABLED WELFARE AND SENIOR CITIZENS WELFARE|
|4||JAYASHANKAR BHUPALAPALLY||SRI PALLA RAJESHWAR REDDY,MLC CHAIRMAN & DIRECTOR TELANGANA RASHTRA RYTHU SAMANVAYA SAMITHI|
|5||JANGAON||SRI ERRABELLI DAYAKAR RAO MINISTER FOR PANCHAYAT RAJ & RURAL DEVELOPMENT AND RWS|
|6||JOGULAMBA GADWAL||T. PADMA RAO HON’BLE DEPUTY SPEAKER, TSLA|
|7||KAMAREDDY||SRI PARIGE SRINIVAS REDDY HON’BLE SPEAKER,TSLA|
|8||KHAMMAM||SRI PUVVADA AJAY KUMAR MINISTER FOR TRANSPORT|
|9||Karimnagar||SRI GANGULA KAMALAKAR MINISTER FOR BC WELFARE, FOOD & CIVIL SUPPLIES & CONSUMER AFFAIRS|
|10||KUMURAMBHEEM ASIFABAD||SRI AREKAPUDI GANDHI GOVT. WHIP,TSLA|
|11||MAHABUBNAGAR||SRI V.SRINIVAS GOUD MINISTER FOR PROHIBITION & EXCISE,SPORTS & YOUTH SERVICES, TOURISM & CULTURE AND ARCHEAOLOGY|
|12||MAHABUBABAD||SMT.SATYAVATHI RATHOD MINISTER FOR ST WELFARE, WOMEN & CHILD WELFARE|
|13||MANCHERIAL||SRI BALKA SUMAN GOVT. WHIP,TSLA|
|14||MEDAK||SRI TALASANI SRINIVAS YADAV MINISTER FOR ANIMAL HUSBANDRY, FISHERIES,DAIRY DEVELOPMENT AND CINEMATORGRAPHY|
|15||MEDCHAL||SRI CHAMAKURA MALLA REDDY MINISTER FOR LABOUR & EMPLOYMENT, FACTORIES , SKILL DEVELOPMENT|
|16||Mulugu||SRI M.S. PRABHAKAR RAO GOVT.WHIP, TSLC|
|17||NAGARKURNOOL||SRI GUVVALA BALARAJU GOVT. WHIP,TSLA|
|18||NALGONDA||SRI GUTHA SUKENDER REDDY HON’BLE CHAIRMAN,TSLC|
|19||NARAYANPET||SMT VAKITI SUNITHA LAKSHMA REDDY CHAIRPERSON,TELANGANA STATE WOMEN’S COMMISSION|
|20||NIRMAL||SRI A. INDRA KARAN REDDY MINISTER FOR FORESTS & ENVIRONMENT AND S&T, ENDOWMENT AND LAW|
|21||NIZAMABAD||SRI VEMULA PRASHANTH REDDY MINISTER FOR ROADS & BUILDINGS, LEGISLATIVE AFFAIRS AND HOUSING|
|22||PEDDAPALLI||SRI B.VINOD KUMAR VICE CHAIRMAN,PLANNING BOARD|
|23||RAJANNA SIRICILLA||SRI K.TARAKA RAMA RAO MINISTER FOR MA&UD, INDUSTRIES AND IT&C|
|24||RANGA REDDY||SMT. PATLOLLA SABITHA INDRA REDDY MINISTER FOR EDUCATION|
|25||SANGAREDDY||SRI MD. MAHAMOOD ALI MINSTER FOR HOME, PRISONS & FIRE SERVICES|
|26||SIDDIPET||SRI T. HARISH RAO MINISTER FOR FINANCE, HEALTH MEDICAL & FAMILY WELFARE|
|27||SURYAPET||SRI GUNTAKANDLA JAGADISH REDDY MINISTER FOR ENERGY|
|28||VIKARABAD||DR.RAJIV SHARMA,IAS(RETD.) CHIEF ADVISOR TO GOVERNMENT|
|29||WANAPARTHY||SRI SINGIREDDY NIRANJAN REDDY MINISTER FOR AGRICULTURE, CO-OPERATION, MARKETING|
|30||HANUMAKONDA||SRI DASYAM VINAYA BHASKAR GOVT. CHIEF WHIP,TSLA|
|31||WARANGAL||SRI BANDA PRAKASH,MLC DEPUTY CHAIRMAN, TELANGANA LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL [|
|32||YADADRI BHUVANAGIRI||SMT.GONGIDI SUNITHA MAHENDER REDDY GOVT.WHIP,TSLA|
|S.No||DISTRICT||NAME OF THE DIGNITARY (S/Sri)|
|1||Vikarabad||Sri B.Vinod Kumar Vice Chairman Telangana State Planning Board|
|2||Peddapalli||Sri Thaniparthy Bhanu Prasad Rao, MLC (Government Chief Whip)|
|3||Kumurambheem Asifabad||Sri Sunkari Raju,MLC (Govt. Whip)|
4. The Chairman / Speaker of T.S.Legislative Council / Assembly, Local MLCs, MLAs,
ZP Chairpersons, Mayors, Chairperson DCCB and DCMS, Municipal Chairpersons and District Level Officers in the District Headquarters will participate at the Collectorates. ‘High tea’ arrangements, at suitable, close-by place preferably within the Collectorate shall be made for all the above dignitaries and Officers.
5. All the important dignitaries like MLAs, Mayors, ZP Chairpersons, Chairperson DCCB and DCMS, Municipal Chairpersons and Heads of Offices are requested to unfurl the National Flag in their respective Offices. Similarly, MPPs are requested to unfurl the National Flag in MPP Office and Sarpanch shall do the same in Gram Panchayat Offices.
6. Flag hoisting shall be conducted by Head of Offices in all Government Offices at different levels.
7. All the Collectors & District Magistrates in the State are requested take necessary action accordingly. They are further requested to follow the instructions issued on Flag Code 2002 and avoid usage of plastic flags.
The Significance of Hyderabad’s Formation Day
Hyderabad’s Formation Day is a symbolic occasion that highlights the city’s historical and cultural heritage. It provides an opportunity for the residents to come together and celebrate the unity, diversity, and achievements of the region. The grand celebrations are a manifestation of Hyderabad’s pride, resilience, and growth over the years.
In a momentous decision, Chief Minister KCR has approved a whopping amount of Rs 105 crore to ensure a spectacular and memorable celebration of Hyderabad’s Formation Day. This substantial fund allocation demonstrates the government’s commitment to showcasing the city’s heritage and achievements on a grand scale.
Allocation of Funds: A Breakdown
Let’s take a closer look at the allocation of the sanctioned funds for the Formation Day celebrations in Hyderabad:
a. Infrastructure Development (30%): Rs 31.5 crore b. Cultural Programs and Performances (25%): Rs 26.25 crore c. Beautification and Illumination of Landmarks (20%): Rs 21 crore d. Public Outreach and Awareness Programs (15%): Rs 15.75 crore e. Security and Safety Measures (10%): Rs 10.5 crore
Planned Activities and Events
The substantial funding opens up a world of possibilities for organizing an array of activities and events that will captivate the residents and visitors alike. Here are some of the planned activities for Hyderabad’s Formation Day celebrations:
A magnificent parade showcasing the city’s rich cultural heritage and historical significance. b. Heritage Exhibitions: Displaying artifacts, photographs, and documents that reflect Hyderabad’s glorious past. c. Music and Dance Performances: A series of captivating performances by renowned artists, showcasing the diverse cultural traditions of Hyderabad. d. Fireworks Display: A mesmerizing display of fireworks to light up the night sky and create a joyous atmosphere. e. Sports Competitions: Engaging sporting events for people of all ages, fostering a sense of camaraderie and healthy competition. f. Food Festivals: An opportunity to savor the delectable cuisine and flavors of Hyderabad, showcasing the city’s culinary prowess.
Impact on Tourism and Economy
The grand celebration of Formation Day in Hyderabad is expected to have a significant impact on tourism and the local economy. The influx of visitors, both domestic and international, will boost the hospitality sector, generate employment opportunities, and promote the city as
List of Telangana Formation Day Decennial Celebrations:
• June 2 The grand inauguration of the “Telangana formation day decennial celebrations” will be graced by the presence of the esteemed Chief Minister. With deep reverence, the CM will pay homage to the valiant Telangana Martyrs at the Memorial situated in the serene Gun Park of Hyderabad on the 2nd of June. As a symbol of national pride, the Chief Minister will unfurl the resplendent national flag at the prestigious Dr. BR Ambedkar Telangana Secretariat premises, followed by an inspiring speech that will resonate with the hearts of the people. Ministers, imbued with patriotic fervor, will actively participate in the celebrations taking place across the districts.
• June 3 June 3rd, an auspicious day dedicated to honoring the indomitable spirit of Telangana’s farmers, will be celebrated as ‘Telangana Farmers Day.’ The State Agriculture department, in a commendable initiative, will orchestrate a series of programs at Rythu Vedikas, enlightening the public about the remarkable achievements in the state’s agriculture sector. These programs will highlight the invaluable contributions of initiatives like free power, Rythu Bandhu, Rythu Bima, and various other welfare schemes. Public representatives and officials, driven by a deep sense of gratitude, will engage in a heartwarming Community dine, forging stronger bonds with the farming community.
• June 4 The 4th of June will witness the observance of “Safety Day” (Suraksha Day). The State Police department, tirelessly devoted to upholding law and order, will organize informative programs elucidating their unwavering efforts. These programs will focus on the friendly police policies implemented throughout the state, underscoring the commendable services provided by the efficient police department at both the state and district levels.
• June 5 Marking June 5th as “Telangana Vidyuttu Vijayotsavam” (Achievements of Energy Department), the state will engage in meaningful conversations and gatherings. Farmers, consumers, electricity workers, and public representatives will converge at the constituency level to deliberate upon the qualitative transformations accomplished by Telangana in the power sector. These enlightening meetings will highlight the state’s remarkable progress. Furthermore, an essential part of the celebrations will involve the Singareni community, whose invaluable contributions will be recognized and celebrated on the same day.
• June 6 Embarking on June 6th, the “Telangana Industrial Growth Festival” will take center stage. Meetings will be held in the industrial areas and IT corridors, providing a platform to elucidate the remarkable progress achieved in their respective domains. These gatherings will serve as a testament to Telangana’s unwavering commitment to industrial growth and development.
• June 7 On the 7th of June, the State government will celebrate “Irrigation Water Day.” Meetings, organized at each constituency, will offer an opportunity to elucidate the exceptional progress achieved in the irrigation sector. The State Irrigation department will convene a crucial meeting at Ravindra Bharati in Hyderabad, with the esteemed presence of the Chief Minister. This meeting will serve as a forum to commemorate the remarkable achievements of the Telangana irrigation sector and outline future aspirations.
• June 8 The 8th of June will witness the exuberant celebration of “Oorura Cheruvula Panduga” (celebrations at Water bodies in every village). With great joy, cultural programs including the vibrant Batukamma and Bonalu festivities will fill the air. The melodies of songs composed by renowned poets, including the esteemed Goreti Venkanna, will resonate near the enchanting water bodies. To commemorate this day, fishermen will take part in lively rallies and meetings on the embankments of ponds, fostering a sense of unity and camaraderie. Leaders and community members will come together, sharing a delightful lunch near these scenic ponds.
• June 9 “Telangana Sankshema Sambaralu” (Celebrations of Welfare Programs) will be held on Friday, June 9. Meetings will be organized at the constituency level, bringing beneficiaries of various welfare schemes, such as Asara Pensions and Kalyana Lakshmi, together. These meetings will highlight the golden era of welfare and elucidate how Telangana has emerged as a guiding force for the entire nation. A state-level meeting, held at the prestigious Ravindra Bharati, will serve as the pinnacle of these celebrations.
• June 10 June 10th, dubbed as “Telangana Good Governance Day,” will witness vibrant gatherings in all district headquarters. The government will organize a series of programs to showcase the remarkable benefits brought about by administrative reforms, making government systems more accessible to the people. These programs will emphasize the state’s relentless commitment to fostering transparency, accountability, and efficient governance.
• June 11 The enchanting celebration of “Telangana Literature Day” will unfold on June 11th, a day dedicated to the literary marvels of the state. District-level Kavi Sammelanams (poetry gatherings) and state-level programs at the esteemed Ravindra Bharati will be the highlights of this joyous occasion. Engaging competitions encompassing poetry, painting, and song will be organized, celebrating the creative spirit and nurturing the talents of aspiring artists. Prizes will be awarded to the deserving winners, encouraging their literary prowess.
• June 12 On June 12th, the spirit of unity and vitality will resonate through the enthusiastic participation in the “Telangana Run.” Organized by the esteemed state Police department, this invigorating program will commence at 6 am in all the constituency centers. Youth, students, public representatives, and officials, filled with a zest for life, will gather to partake in this event, symbolizing their dedication to a healthy and active lifestyle.
• June 13 Dedicated to honoring the invaluable contributions of women, June 13th will be celebrated as “Telangana Women’s Welfare Day.” Eminent officials will elucidate the numerous programs and welfare schemes implemented by the government, empowering and uplifting women in society. In a heartwarming gesture, awards will be bestowed upon exceptional women employees, recognizing their invaluable services and inspiring others to follow in their footsteps.
• June 14 June 14th will be dedicated to the remarkable progress achieved in the medical and health sector, celebrated as “Telangana Medical Day.” Through informative programs and messages, the state will share the revolutionary developments that have transformed healthcare in Telangana. The health wing will diligently explain the various medical facilities strengthened by the government, ensuring accessible and quality healthcare for all. In a momentous occasion, the Chief Minister will lay the foundation stone for the construction of a new building for a 2000-bed super specialty hospital in NIMS, Hyderabad, along with the expansion of NIMS itself.
• June 15 “Telangana Palle Pragathi Day” will be observed on June 15th, celebrating the tremendous progress achieved by Telangana’s villages, setting an example for the entire nation. Sarpanches of the best Gram Panchayats and the MPPs of the Mandals will be felicitated for their relentless efforts in fostering holistic development and uplifting rural communities.
• June 16 June 16th will witness the vibrant celebration of “Telangana Pattana Pragathi Day.” These programs will highlight the remarkable progress achieved by every Municipal corporation and Municipality under the guidance of the state government. The far-reaching benefits brought about by the government’s schemes and initiatives will be conveyed to the people, inspiring them to actively participate in the path of progress.
• June 17 “Telangana Tribal Festival” will fill the air with joy and cultural vibrancy on June 17th. Meetings will be held in the newly formed tribal villages, where officials will elucidate the tireless efforts taken by the government to ensure the welfare and upliftment of tribal communities. These gatherings will serve as a platform to foster cultural exchange, celebrating the rich heritage of the tribal populace.
• June 18 June 18th will be dedicated to celebrating the remarkable achievement of transforming Telangana into a state where drinking water scarcity is a thing of the past. “Telangana Drinking Water Festival” will be a joyous occasion to highlight the monumental success of Mission Bhagirath, which has ensured 100% drinking water supply across the state. Informative programs will shed light on this transformative journey, instilling a sense of pride and gratitude among the people.
• June 19 “Telangana Green Festival” (Haritha Utsavam) will take center stage on June 19th, as the state comes alive with a large-scale plantation program. In every village and town, communities will unite to foster greenery and environmental conservation. The commendable efforts of the state Forest Department, along with the improvement of forest cover, will be highlighted, inspiring people to contribute towards a greener and more sustainable future.
• June 20 June 20th will be dedicated to celebrating “Telangana Education Day.” Educational institutions across the state will organize meetings, showcasing the remarkable achievements in the field of education. “Mana Ooru – Mana Badi” (our village, our school) educational institutions will be inaugurated on this day, emphasizing the importance of accessible education. Libraries and digital classrooms will also be opened, providing students with enhanced learning opportunities. Essay, painting, and song competitions will further invigorate the spirit of learning, nurturing the talents of young minds.
• June 21 “Telangana Spiritual Day” will be observed on June 21st, with diverse programs held at temples, mosques, churches, and other places of worship. These programs will foster interfaith harmony and provide a spiritual sanctuary for individuals seeking solace and enlightenment.
• June 22 On June 22nd, Telangana will solemnly commemorate “Telangana Martyrs Commemoration Day.” Villages, towns, cities, and schools across the state will pay homage to the brave martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the cause of Telangana. A grand rally will traverse the historic Tank Bund, symbolizing the indomitable spirit of these martyrs. In a poignant ceremony, the Chief Minister will inaugurate the newly constructed Martyrs Memorial in Hyderabad, serving as a testament to their everlasting legacy.
Q1: What is the significance of the Telangana Government’s State Formation Decennial celebration? The State Formation Decennial celebration is a momentous occasion to reflect upon the journey of Telangana over the past ten years. It highlights the achievements, welfare schemes, and festivals that have defined the state’s growth and development.
Q2: Which are the major achievements of the Telangana Government showcased during this celebration? The Telangana Government will showcase significant achievements such as Mission Bhagiratha, Mission Kakatiya, and the Kaleshwaram Lift Irrigation Project. These initiatives have had a profound impact on water conservation, rural development, and overall infrastructure.