Over 7.4 Lakh Applications Received Across the State
The Praja Palana program, launched by the Telangana government to reach out to the people and address their grievances, has received an overwhelming response on its first day. Over 7.4 lakh applications have been received from across the state, with a significant number coming from rural areas.
The Praja Palana programme in Telangana has received an overwhelming response on its first day, with over 7.4 lakh applications received. The programme aims to bring governance to the doorsteps of the people and address their grievances.
- A total of 7,46,414 applications were received on the first day.
- Of these, 2,88,711 applications were from rural areas and 4,57,703 applications were from urban areas, including GHMC.
- The programme was launched on December 28 and will continue till January 6.
- People can submit applications for various government schemes and services at gram sabhas in rural areas and ward sabhas in urban areas.
Chief Secretary Holds Teleconference with District Collectors
Chief Secretary Santhi Kumari held a teleconference with district collectors and reviewed the management of the Praja Palana programme. She instructed the district authorities to take necessary steps to ensure the smooth implementation of the programme.
Key Instructions from the Chief Secretary
- Provide adequate application forms for Six Guarantees in every center.
- Set up special help desks to assist people in filling out application forms.
- Provide a special number to people to update the status of their applications.
- Open one center for every 100 persons.
- Provide basic amenities like drinking water at the centers.
- Take strict action against those who sell applications.
Huge Crowds Gather at Government Offices
People thronged government offices in large numbers to submit their applications. There were long queues at many centers, and officials had to make arrangements to manage the crowd.
Officials Gear Up to Meet the Demand
The government has deployed additional staff to handle the large number of applications. Special counters have been opened for women, senior citizens, and persons with disabilities.
Ministers and MLAs Appeal for Patience
Ministers and MLAs have appealed to the people not to panic and said that the government will continue to receive applications even after January 6.
Praja Palana Programme Aims to Bring Governance to People’s Doorsteps
The Praja Palana programme is a major initiative by the Telangana government to bring governance to the doorsteps of the people. The programme aims to identify beneficiaries of various government schemes and services and address their grievances.
What is the Praja Palana programme?
The Praja Palana programme is a government initiative to reach out to the people and address their grievances.
How can I submit an application for Praja Palana?
You can submit an application at the gram sabha in your village or the ward sabha in your urban area.
What are the documents required to submit an application?
You will need to provide your Aadhaar card, ration card, and other relevant documents.
When will the applications be processed?
The applications will be processed within a month.
I have a grievance. How can I get it addressed?
You can submit your grievance at the Praja Palana center in your area.