Cooperation Department Telangana State, Measures to Strengthen the Cooperative Credit System in the state – Constitution of committee on the strengthening of Cooperative Credit System in the state Orders issued
High Level Committee (HLC), under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary, Government of Telangana deliberated on functioning of Cooperative Credit System in the State of Telangana and submit a detailed report in this regard. The High Level Committee suggested (7) members committee for the purpose.
The Managing Director, Telangana StateCooperative Apex Bank, Hyderabad, Hyderabad vide reference, while informing the High Level Committee Proceedings, and Board Terms of reference of the Committee, to be constituted, stated that based on the terms of reference of the Committee, the Telangana StateCooperative Apex Bank, Hyderabad has to take necessary steps in this regard and requested the Government to consider and issue necessary orders in the matter.
Government after careful examination of the matter, hereby constitute a Committee with the following members to study on strengthening of Cooperative Credit System in Telangana state.
|1||President, Telangana StateCooperative Apex Bank||Chairman|
|2||Regional Director, RBI, RO, Hyderabad||Member|
|3||CGM, NABARD, TS RO, Hyderabad||Member|
|4||Commissioner for Cooperation& Registrar of Cooperative Societies, Hyderabad||Member|
|5||Managing Director, Telangana StateCooperative Apex Bank, Hyderabad||Member Convener|
|6||Expert from Banking – Sri P. Mohanaiah, CGM (Retired), NABARD||Member|
|7||Expert from Cooperatives – Sri A. Praveen Reddy, President, Mulkanoor Cooperative Rural Bank and Marketing Society Ltd.||Member|
- This committee would take up the task with the following Terms of Reference:
- To study the measures that are taken up by other State in the recent past to improve upon the working of CCS in their respective States and assess its scope / relevance for replication inTelangana State.
- To suggest measures for strengthening the existing Cooperative Credit System of Telangana State and to recommend for amendments required, if any, in the TSCS Act.
- To study and recommend alternate model/s, if any, in Cooperative Credit System for the Telangana State with a view to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the structure.
- To study the administrative and controlling mechanism of CCS before and after implementation of Prof. Vaidyanathan Committee recommendations and its impact on the CCS and to suggest appropriate mechanism required, if any, in the present context.
- To study Cooperative Credit System in the State with special reference to governance, management and development role of the TSCAB, DCCBs and PACS and recommend for improvements.
- To map the existing branch network of TSCAB and DCCBs and recommend an appropriate criteria to be followed for opening of new branches by the DCCBs/TSCAB.
- Any other item, which the Committee feels necessary for effective functioning of CCS in Telangana State.
- The said committee shall study the subject in detail and submit their report to the Government, within 60 days from the date of issue of the order.
- The Telangana StateCooperative Apex Bank shall meet the cost to be incurred for the above study and also provide necessary secretarial support to the committee.
Cooperation Department– Measures to Strengthen the Cooperative Credit System in the state – Constitution of committee on strengthening of Cooperative Credit System in the state – Orders- issued
G.O.Ms.No. 40 Dated: 13-09-2019 Proceedings of the High Level Committee chaired by Chief Secretary to the Govt. of Telangana, held on 06.08.2019.From the MD, TSCAB, Lr.no. P&D/SCCS/N-42/2019-20, dated: 09.09.2019