Telangana Panchayat Raj Act, 2018, Duties and Responsibilities of Panchayat Secretary Keeping in view the Telangana Panchayat Raj Act, 2018 (Act No.5 of 2018) Government have decided to issue rules relating to the Duties and Responsibilities of Panchayat Secretary in supersession of all earlier orders thereof.
Accordingly, the following notification will be published in the Telangana Gazette, dated: 26.09.2018. NOTIFICATION
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 286 read with sections 42 and 43 of the Telangana Panchayat Raj Act, 2018 (Act No. 5 of 2018), the Government of Telangana hereby makes the following rules relating to the Duties and Responsibilities of Panchayat Secretary in supersession of all earlier orders relating thereof:-
RULES Short Title: These rules may be called the Telangana Panchayat Raj (Duties and Responsibilities of Panchayat Secretary) Rules, 2018.
Definition: In these rules “Act” means Telangana Panchayat Raj Act, 2018.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF PANCHAYAT SECRETARY
The Panchayat Secretary shall, –
1. Discharge all the duties and responsibilities entrusted to and imposed upon him under Section 43 and other provisions of the Act.
2. Prepare the agenda on the subjects specified in Sub-Section (8) of Section 6 of the Act and other necessary subjects with the approval of the Gram Panchayat.
3. Display or Publicise the Agenda notice as follows, – i By beat of drum in the village ii By affixing the notice at three conspicuous places in the village. iii By affixing the notice on the notice board oh the Gram Panchayat iv Or by any other means so that communication reaches maximum number of members.
4. Communicate the Gram Sabha Agenda to the members of the Gram Panchayat.
5. Be subordinate to the Gram Panchayat and function under the administrative control of the Sarpanch.
6. Attend the suggestions made by the Members of Gram Panchayat and implement all resolutions of Gram Panchayat.
7. Visit the localities/habitations of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other weaker sections in the Gram Panchayat area for ensuring the services provided by the Gram Panchayat are properly delivered in those areas and also strive to eradicate untouchable in any form.
8. Prepare the annual Administration report of the Gram Panchayat and submit the same to the Gram Panchayat for its approval.
9. Prepare monthly progress report on the Gram Panchayat administration and place it before the Gram Panchayat at its monthly meeting.
10. Along with the Sarpanch, submit compliance report on the inspection report of the higher authorities.
11. Be responsible for reconciliation of all the accounts and submit to the approval of Gram Panchayat and the reconciliation statement shall be forwarded to Extension Officer (PR&RD) at least once in a quarter.
12. Verify the documents submitted along with layout proposals and assist the Gram Panchayat in forwarding the layout proposals within 7 days after receipt.
13. Get the 15% of the saleable land of layout mortgaged to the Gram Panchayat.
14. Verify the documents submitted along with building permissions application within twenty-four hours of its submission and certify if all required documents have been submitted or not.
15. Be responsible for closing of accounts of the Gram Panchayat and their audit before the end of the third quarter of succeeding financial year.
16. Prevent and Report encroachments, damage or misuse of Panchayat lands and buildings if any to the higher authorities and take action for its removal.
17. Assist authorities during the natural calamities like earthquakes, floods, cyclones etc, and accidents like fire, road, rail etc., and assist in the preventive, relief and rehabilitation work.
18. Report any outbreak of communicable and seasonal diseases especially diarrhea, Malaria, Japanese encephalitis and Gastroenteritis and other such diseases to the nearest Primary Health Centre and higher authorities immediately.
19. Assist Grama Sabha in the identification of beneficiaries, disbursement of loans and their recoveries and also maintain a list of beneficiaries under all programs of the Central and State Governments.
20. Report casual vacancies to the election authorities within fifteen days from the date of its occurrence.
21. Intimate disqualifications of members under Sections19,20,21,22,23,24 and 25of the Act to the Extension Officer (PR&RD) and assist in elections whenever required.
22. Report cases of atrocities against Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Women and Children to the authorities concerned within 24 hours.
23. Assist in giving information to the concerned officials about any black market sales of seeds, fertilizers and pesticides.
24. Assist in work relating to payment of social security pensions.
25. Assist in identification of the needs of village and assist in preparation of Gram Panchayat Development Plan.
26. Attend monthly staff meetings convened by President, Mandal Praja Parishad and Mandal Parishad Development Officer, Extension Officer (PR&RD) and other meetings convened by Divisional and District level Officers.
27. Assist in maintaining of Information Boards relating to various developmental activities in the villages.
28. Maintain list of various plantation protect them and collect survival percentage data and coordinate with Forest and Rural Development departments for any required support to motivate people to take up plantation.
29. Attend to any other duties as assigned by the authorities from time to time.
30. Maintain all registers required as per Act and Government orders including birth, death and Marriages. He will maintain a separate register to list all assets of the Gram Panchayat. like lands, buildings, roads, drains, Street light, Plantations, drinking water and sewage related assets. The Commissioner, PR&RE shall communicate a list of Registers with proforma to be maintained by the Gram Panchayat.
Rules – Telangana Panchayat Raj Act, 2018 – Gram Panchayats – Duties and Responsibilities of Panchayat Secretary – Orders – Issued.
PANCHAYAT RAJ AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT (Pts.VI) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Ms.No. 108 Dated: 26-09-2018
- Telangana Panchayat Raj Act, 2018. (Act No.5 of 2018).
- From the Commissioner, Panchayat Raj &Rural Employment, Hyd. No. 2560/CPR&RE/B2/2017, dated: 28.8.2018.