GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH, AP Govt to file Criminal Case against Pawan Kalyan, Department of Gram Volunteers/Ward Volunteers and Village Secretariats/ Ward Secretariats, Government of A.P.- Prosecution Sanction under Section 199 (4) (b) of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 for filing complaint by the Public Prosecutor in a competent court of law against the Jana Sena Political Party Chief Konidela Pawan Kalyan for making baseless allegations against Gram/Ward Volunteers and Government Accorded Orders Issued. DEPARTMENT OF GRAM VOLUNTEERS WARD VOLUNTEERS & VILLAGE SECRETARIATS / WARD SECRETARIATS G.O.Rt.No.16 Dated: 20.07.2023. Read the following:
- Defamatory statements made by Jana Sena Political Party Chief Konidela Pawan Kalyan against Gram/Ward Volunteers and the Government at Eluru in Varahi Vijaya Yatra dated 09-07-2023 ” caption in the headlines published on 10.07.2023 in Eenadu Telugu Daily Newspaper, Vijayawada Edition caption in the headlines published on 10.07.2023 in Andhra Jyothi Telugu Daily Newspaper, Vijayawada Edition. 4. “Volunteers involved in human trafficking : Pawan” caption in the headlines published in the Vijayawada edition of The Times of India on 10.07.2023.
- In the references read above, Jana Sena Political Party Chief Konidela Pawan Kalyan has made defamatory statements against the Gram/Ward Volunteers & Volunteer system and State Government of A.P. stating that the Volunteers are the sole reason for the cause of missing 29,000 women according to NCRB data in Andhra Pradesh. He further alleged that mainly single women are being targeted and information is being collected in the name of welfare schemes and the same is forwarded to anti-social elements amounting to human trafficking. Further alleged that the volunteer system/network developed by the AP Government is involved in human trafficking and also said that volunteers who got complete data of people targeted women with financial difficulties and pushed them into trafficking. Out of the 29,000 missing women, only 14,000 women were traced by the police and the remaining 16,000 women were untraced. The said defamatory statements made by Konidela Pawan Kalyan had been extensively covered in print and electronic media.
- Whereas, as part of the decentralization of administration up to the village level following the footsteps of Mahatma Gandhiji’s Gram Swarajya, the Government of A.P. has taken an innovative policy decision by implementing Village/Ward Volunteer system in the State with a noble objective of delivering the government services and benefits of the welfare and development schemes to the poor people at their doorsteps in a most transparent manner without any corruption or middlemen. The Village/Ward Volunteer system introduced by the Government of AP has set an example, was lauded by the poor people, and stood as a role model and it is being replicated in other States.
- When the matter stood thus, the Jana Sena Political Party Chief K. Pawan Kalyan suppressed the aforesaid facts and sacred objective of the Volunteers’ system and made defamatory statements that caused substantial damage to the reputation of the Volunteers’ system as well as to the State Government in the eyes of the public at large particularly caused insecurity feeling in the minds of the women in distress.
- Government after careful examination of the matter and in the exercise of the powers conferred under Section 199 (4) (b) of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, hereby accords sanction to the concerned Public Prosecutor to make a complaint before the competent Court against the individual named Konidela Pawan Kalyan, Jana Sena Political Party Chief for making Defamatory, Derogatory and Venomous statements against the Village/Ward Volunteer system and the State Government at Eluru on 09-07-2023 during his Varahi Vijaya Yatra.
- Konidela Pawan Kalyan President/Chief of Jana Sena Political Party C/o Jana Sena Party Central Office, Plot No.11-1402, SrilakshmiNarasimha Colony, Mangalgiri, Guntur Dist. A.P- 522503. The Public Prosecutor, Department of Gram Volunteers / Ward Volunteers & Village Secretariats / Ward Secretariats shall take immediate further action in the matter, accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH) Ajay Jain IAS Special Chief Secretary to Govt., To Sri Goda Raja Babu, Govt. Pleader for Village & Ward Secretariats, High Court of Andhra Pradesh, Amaravati, Guntur District.