The government is committed to fulfil the aspirations and long felt needs of the people with a human face and is determined to bring about a positive change in the welfare of the people of the state especially the under-privileged, disadvantaged and vulnerable groups.
The State Government with a view to provide an opportunity to realize the dreams of the people, has launched NAVARATNALU, an Integrated Welfare Programme, with cross cutting nine themes covering Agriculture, Health, Education, Housing, Welfare and other sectors.
The key priority of the Government is to effectively implement and undertake robust monitoring of the progress of these themes and ensure that the benefits reach the needy and all eligible.
The Government has decided to put in place necessary systems with a fool-proof mechanism to ensure a corruption-free, transparent and seamless service delivery. In order to evaluate, assess the progress and to know the impact of each scheme, Government decided to have a systematic Monitoring and Evaluation system at different levels.
The government has appointed a Vice Chairman in the rank of Cabinet Minister for implementation and monitoring of the NAVARATNALU Programme with a direction to review all the connected departments implementing the programme.
Keeping the importance attached to the programme in view, the government after careful examination, hereby constitute NAVARATNALU Implementation and Monitoring Committees – both at state and district levels with composition of members and functions of the committees as detailed below.
State level NAVARATNALU Implementation and Monitoring Committee:
The State level NAVARATNALU Implementation and Monitoring Committee will be headed by the Hon’ble Chief Minister as the Chairman with following composition:
Composition of the State level NAVARATNALU Implementation & Monitoring Committee
|Sri Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, Hon’ble Chief Minister
|Sri M. Samuel, IAS(Rtd.)
|Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister & Minister for Revenue, Stamps & Registration
|Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister & Minister for Excise and Commercial Taxes
|Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister & Minister for Health, Family Welfare & Medical Education
|Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister & Minister for Tribal welfare
|Hon’ble Minister for Finance & Planning, Legislative Affairs
|Hon’ble Minister for Agriculture & Co-operation
|Hon’ble Minister for Education
|Hon’ble Minister for Housing
|Hon’ble Minister for Social Welfare
|Hon’ble Minister for Irrigation (Water Resources)
|Hon’ble Minister for Municipal Administration & Urban Development
|Hon’ble Minister for PR&RD, Mines & Geology
|Chief Secretary & Secretaries
|Chief Secretary to Government
|Special Chief Secretary to Government, Water Resources
|Special Chief Secretary to Government, Revenue – Land & Endowments
|Special Chief Secretary to Government, Revenue – CT, Proh.&Excise, Reg.&Stamps
|Special Chief Secretary to Government, Agriculture & Cooperation
|Principal Finance Secretary to Government, Finance
|Principal Secretary to Government, School Education
|Principal Secretary, to Government., Health, Medical & Family Welfare
|Principal Secretary to Government, Housing
|Principal Secretary to Government, PR&RD
|Secretary to Government, Social welfare
|Secretary to Government, MA&UD
|E.O Secretary to Government, Planning
- Functions of the State Level Committee – The
State level Committee will:
- Put in place necessary systems for effective management of NAVARATNALU programme.
- Ensure Inter-departmental convergence for maximum results.
- Take policy measures for mid-course corrections.
- Undertake monitoring on monthly basis and impact evaluation annually.
- Ensure steps for making the State a model for welfare programmes.
- Identify the resources for mobilizing additional funds for NAVARATNALU programme.
- District level NAVARATNALU Implementation and Monitoring Committees: The District level Implementation and Monitoring Committees on NAVARATNALU will be headed by the District-in charge Minister as Chairman with following composition.
Composition of the District level Implementation and Monitoring Committee:
District In-Charge Minister – Chairman
District Ministers – Members
District level HoDs connected with implementation of NAVARATNALU – Members
District Collector -Member convener
- Functions of the District level Implementation and Monitoring Committee:
- The District level Committee shall:
- Focus on field level implementation issues of each scheme.
- Work in tandem under the guidance of the State level Implementation and Monitoring Committee.
- To sort out the issues that may arise in the implementation of schemes and if necessary, bring it to the notice of the State level Implementation and Monitoring Committee.
- Periodically review the inter-departmental convergence for realization of the objectives.
- Prioritization/identification of poor performing areas and taking corrective measures.
- Utilizing the services of Village Secretariats and field level functionaries of all the departments concerned.
- Create awareness about the programme to the citizens.
- The Chief Planning Officer should assist the District Collector and the Committee for collecting data sets and in co-ordinating with the departments
- Web based monitoring and dedicated NAVRATNALU Monitoring Unit
In order to gauge the progress of different schemes and components of
NAVARATNALU in real time, a web portal will be established by Planning/ RTGS Department. All departments concerned and District Collectors shall ensure data entry at the Mandal level for all the schemes and components on real time basis. The departments, that already have a transaction based web platform for the schemes, shall provide interface for accessing the data to avoid duplication.
The RTGS Department shall maintain beneficiary wise information regarding their demographic profile identification, eligibility, award of schemes, transaction details, and other related details. The Planning Department shall ensure monitoring of indicators under the programme output and impact.
- NAVARATNALU Monitoring Unit
A dedicated NAVRATNALU Monitoring Unit will be established at state level for regular monitoring of progress of all schemes and components of the NAVARATNALU programme. The Unit will be headed by a senior and dedicated person on deputation in the cadre of Special Commissioner in a post to be created. The Unit shall consist of consultants, data analysts, developers, programmers and program managers on outsourcing/contract basis as per the requirement. The NAVRATNALU Monitoring Unit shall, in addition to regular monitoring of the programme, track data consistency, inadequacies and make on-field verification of the programme.
The necessary budget for management and monitoring of the programme will be provided to Planning Department.
- Meetings with stakeholders:
The Committees constituted above shall meet as frequently as may be required to review the progress and have interactions to understand and sort out the ground level issues in implementation of the programme.
The Committee can invite the Secretaries of other departments / NGOs / other reputed organizations or experts having related field level experience as special invitees for the meetings.