District wise Recruitment of Ward Secretaries in Andhra Pradesh Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, and for issuance of appointment orders to the selected candidates, the Government after careful examination, hereby constitutes the District and Regional Level Committees as follows:
A. DISTRICT LEVEL COMMITTEE:
1) District Collector- Chairman
2) Joint Collector-I- Vice-Chairman
3) District Head Quarter Commissioner- Member-Convenor
4) All the Municipal Commissioners of Concerned District- Members
The following Roles and Responsibilities shall be entrusted to the District Level Committee:
Conduct of Examination at District Level
Declaration of Result
1st level Verification of certificates i.e., Educational qualifications, Caste Certificate and other related documents
Selected list along with seniority as per Merit and Roster
Forwarding of selected seniority list to the Regional level committee
Any other related matter
Anantapur District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
Chittoor District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
East Godavari District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
Guntur District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
YSR Kadapa District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
Krishna District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
Kurnool District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
Sri Potti Sri Ramulu Nellore District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
Prakasam District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
Srikakulam District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
Visakhapatnam District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
Vizianagaram District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
West Godavari District Recruitment of Ward Secretaries 2019
B. REGIONAL LEVEL COMMITTEE:
1) Regional Director of Mpl. Admn concerned- Chairman
2) Superintending Engineer (PH) concerned- Member
3) Regional Dy Director, Town Planning concerned- Member
The following Roles & Responsibilities shall be entrusted to the Regional Level Committee:
Verification of certificates & other documents of selected candidates as per list forwarded by District level Committee.
Issue of appointment & posting orders
Any other related matter
The Commissioner and Director of Municipal Administration. AP., Guntur shall take action in the matter accordingly.
MA&UD Department – Ward Secretariats – Recruitment of Ward Secretaries in the Urban Local Bodies – Constitution of District and Regional level Selection Committees – Orders – Issued.
G.O.RT.No. 591 Dated: 17-09-2019 Read the following:
- Government Memo No. 934662/UBS/2019 MA&UD (UBS) Department, dated 26-07-2019.
- G.O. Rt. No. 523 MA&UD (UBS) Department, dated 21-08-2019.
- From the Commissioner & Director of Municipal Administration, Guntur, Roc. No. 20024/178/2019/A1, dated 30-08-2019.
- Need for Ward Secretariat System :
- Growing need for restructuring the delivery systems in the urban areas with an aim to establish an effective mechanism to deliver the required services to the urban populace.
- A strong & workable channel for implementation of NAVARATHNALU – the commitments made by Government to citizens to improve the living standards of people 3. Transparency and accountability in delivery of government services to the citizens;
- Ensure convergence among departments providing services at ward level:
a. Every line department is preparing plans as per scheme guidelines without proper linkages with other departmental schemes.
b. This compartmentalised system is affecting the inter-departmental coordination, resource pooling and its convergence at the ward level.
c. Hence, the Ward secretariats would make available all such services at the doorsteps of the citizens which are most essential at the ward itself, without the citizens having to approach the Municipality or Municipal Corporation.
- Delegation of administrative functions to the Ward secretariat. Ward will become a unit of administration like the State, District and Municipal level.
- Government have examined the proposal of CDMA in consultation with line departments, such as Revenue, Home, HM&FW, Energy, Law and Finance Departments for their comments / views and decided for formation of Ward Secretariats and positioning of Ward Secretaries with the following modalities:- (a) Objectives inter alia, include:
- To establish a strong, effective and vibrant service delivery system at ward level
- To provide various Government / other services at the door steps of Citizens through single window system and ensure delivery of Navaratnalu to all deserving people.
- Enable convergence of all line departments that provide services at the Ward level
- Preparation and timely implementation of annual plans of line departments to achieve the goals of the Government.
- Mapping the field level functionaries with clearly specified roles and accountable to Citizens with a well-defined Citizen Charter.
- Providing mee seva services in all cluster Ward level by utilising the existing facilities and staff.
- Resolution of the issues/grievances brought by each of the Ward volunteers concerning the 50/100 households.
- Assist the ULBs for mobilisation resources including collection of taxes, ensuring sanitation and its effective functioning.
- Integrate the Ward Volunteers system with Ward Secretariat system enabling them to provide citizen services efficiently and work in co-ordination with Ward Committees and ULB.
(b) Structure and Composition of Ward Secretariat and relation between Ward Secretariat and ULB
Every ULB has two components – one elected body and another executive body. With a view to deliver more transparent, accessible, and responsive delivery of various Governmental services to the citizens of Urban areas, in the close proximity under People Centric Process Management System, through “One-Stop” solution and to exercise the powers of the Urban Local Bodies with the expectations of the People, Government desires to provide 10 functional assistants of line departments to be called as “Ward Secretaries” to be placed under the administrative control of the Municipal Commissioner of the respective ULB through the administrative hierarchy and to deliver the services to the citizens, through the platform of “Ward Secretariat”. Further, every Ward Secretariat, will have one Ward Administrative Secretary from ULB, for the purpose of General Administration and Co-ordination with the Line Departments. Government intends to establish ward secretariat system in the urban areas of the state with a view:-
i. To decentralise the delivery of various services
ii. To establish such number of Ward Secretaries of various departments under the overall supervision of the ULB.
To create administrative convenience, the ward secretaries working under a Ward Secretariat, shall cater to the needs of two or more contiguous Wards, without disturbing the autonomy of the ULB, as provided in the relevant Municipal Acts.
The Ward Secretariats will work in co-ordination with the Ward Committees as envisaged under 74th Constitutional Amendment Act and relevant Municipal Acts.
(c) Business in Ward Secretariat
- The Ward secretariat will function according to prescribed business procedures. The Functional Assistants to be called as Ward Secretaries of the Line Departments will function as per the job chart provided and report to the respective Urban Local Body.
- The Municipal Commissioner of the ULB will act as DDO (Drawing and disbursing officer) and the pay and allowances of all the staff of Ward Secretariat will be disbursed by him. The honorarium of Ward Volunteers also will be paid by the Secretary of the Municipal bodies.
- The detailed recruitment process of the Ward Secretaries will be submitted to Government in due course. The service rules in regard to the above shall be suitably be amended.
- The regular Supervisory Officers of the concerned line Departments shall supervise the Ward Secretaries in technical aspects.
d. Duties, Roles and Responsibilities of Ward Secretaries:
o Monitoring and supervising the activities of ward volunteer o Co-ordination of Line departments with Public o Benchmarking of essential services
o Ensure that the benefits and government services are extended to the genuine beneficiary by conducting random verification o Shall receive the grievances from the general public and to resolve the same
o Ensure that proper awareness is created to the families by the volunteer in his jurisdiction on health, education and other social issues.
o Ensuring delivery of various services at the door steps of the citizens.
e. Criteria for Ward Secretariat:
For formation of Ward Secretariat, the following criteria will be taken into consideration:
o The number of Ward Secretariats to be formed for each of the Election Ward shall be @ one per average 4000 Population to be calculated as per 2011 Census + 10.98 decadal growth @ 1.098% per year.
o The minimum and maximum size of population for each Ward Secretariat shall be maintained as 3000 and 5000 respectively.
o While arriving the no. of Ward Secretariats to be formed, If the population of the ward is more than five thousand, there shall be one additional Ward Secretariat for every five thousand population or part thereof, subject to the condition that any part with population of less than one thousand shall be ignored and shall be tagged to the nearest Ward Secretariat.
o Wherever the population is less than 4000, two or more wards shall be tagged together subject to the condition that any part with population of less than one thousand shall be ignored and shall be tagged to the nearest Ward Secretariat.
o While dividing the ward into Ward Secretariats Territorial Unit for the purpose of jurisdiction of the Ward Secretariat, the Natural boundaries and geographical contiguity of the areas shall be followed. The existing polling booths in the ward may also be kept in view while dividing the ward for the purpose of ward secretariat. Further while dividing the Ward into Ward Secretariats, the locality/area/slum boundaries should not be disturbed as far as possible.
o After formation of Ward Secretariats, the Municipal Commissioner shall prepare a Map showing the jurisdiction of the Ward Secretariats with the assistance of the Town Planning Staff and shall give Serial Numbers continuously starting from Ward Secretariat-1, duly maintaining the geographical contiguity.
o After that he shall prepare the list of Ward Secretariats with Boundaries (East, West, North, South etc.,) together with localities/areas/slums/PS Nos., comes within the purview of the Ward Secretariat and shall publish the same in the local daily telugu newspaper for wide publicity.
o The Ward Volunteers working in the locality/area/slum etc., shall report to the concerned Ward Secretariat.
o Thus, based on the above norms, a tentative estimate of Ward secretariats has been arrived, which is 4000. This number may change after the field validation.
f. Location of the Ward Secretariat:
o The Ward Office, Anganwadi Building, School Building, Community Resource Centre, Community Hall, Govt. Office within the Ward where sufficient space is available, shall be identified and a separate room in the said building shall be provided for the establishment of “Ward Secretariat”
o In case of non-availability of required space in a Govt. Building in a Ward, two to three Ward Secretariats of the said wards can be put in one building where such provision is there. In such case, close proximity to the general public of the ward shall be maintained.
o In the last resort, a Private Building can be taken on a minimum rent.
o Necessary infrastructure and furniture will be provided in the Ward Secretariat.
g. Basis for arriving the 10 No. of Ward Secretaries in the Ward Secretariat:
Apart from the Services being delivered to the citizens from Urban Local Body, some more services are to be delivered to the citizens from other Departments. Keeping the same in view all these services have been categorized into 10 in number and accordingly the following Ward Secretaries are proposed for discharge of the allocated duties. The concerned department responsible to monitor and carry out the functions also is mentioned in the below table:
- Collection and compilation of Employees Data of MAUD (HOD-wise- State/Region/District/ULB level)
- Identification of gap between existing and to berecruited (Existing vs Recruitment)
- Issue of Notification for recruitment of the deficitemployees
- Last date for receipt of applications
- Scrutiny of applications Simultaneous
- Conduct of Written Test
- Publication of results Simultaneous
- Certificates Verification
- Publication of selected list & Issue of Appointment Orders
- Induction Training
- Allotment of selected candidates to Ward Secretariats 30.10.2019
- Positioning of Ward Secretaries and commencement of Functioning in Ward Secretariats
- Training on Roles & Responsibilities at HRD I (6 weeks)