In supersession of the Bar Policy issued in the reference, the Government hereby formulate the following Bar Policy for the period 2020-2021 (i.e. from 01.01.2020 to 31.12.2021) and it will be published in an Extra-ordinary issue of the A.P. Gazette dated the 22nd November, 2019. Andhra Pradesh Bar Policy for the period 2020-2021
NOTIFICATION BAR POLICY FOR THE PERIOD 2020-2021 (FROM 01.01.2020 to 31.12.2021)
1) The Commissioner of Proh. & Excise shall fix the number of Bars in each of the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) i.e., Municipal Corporation, Municipality and Nagar Panchayath, duly reducing the existing number of Bars by 40%. In case there is only one existing Bar in the ULB, the number will be retained.
2) While fixing the number of Bars as above, the number of Bars in respect of 3-Star & above Hotels and Micro Breweries existing in the ULB shall be excluded from the existing number of Bars and the remaining number of Bars only shall be reduced by 40%.
3) The licence period shall be two years from 01.01.2020 to 31.12.2021.
4) The Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise shall issue notification in the State Gazette calling for online applications for grant of Bar licences as fixed in the ULBs except in respect of 3-Star & above Hotels and Micro Breweries. The procedure for online enrolment and the timelines for receipt of applications, their scrutiny and drawl of lots will be appended to the Gazette notification issued by the Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise.
5) The non-refundable application fee for filing of applications shall be Rs.10.00 lakhs.
6) The applicant shall enroll online for participation in the selection process and submit the following while filing application :
a) Challan for Rs.10 lakhs towards non-refundable application fee.
b) A copy of Plan of the proposed premises
c) Consent letter of the Owner in case the premises is rented.
d) Two recent passport size Photographs.
e) Copy of Aadhar card.
7) In case there is more than one application received for a Bar notified, selection of applicants for grant of Bar licence will be by drawl of lots by the District Collector.
8) The selected applicant is permitted to establish the Bar anywhere in the Municipal Corporation including its 5 KM area from the periphery (within the Revenue District) or in the Municipality including its 2 KM area from the periphery (within the Revenue District) or in the Nagar Panchayat, as the case may be, subject to such restrictions as may be imposed.
9) Such of those existing 3-Star & above Hotels and the existing Micro Breweries, whose Bar licences have been withdrawn and are desirous of obtaining licences may be granted Bar licences on filing of applications.
10) The following shall be the licence fee and the non-refundable registration charge per annum :
a) For Bars other than 3-Star & above Hotels and Micro Breweries :
|Population||Non-refundable registration charge (Rs.) per annum||Licence fee (Rs.) per annum||Total (Rs.) per annum|
|Upto 50,000||20 lakhs||5 lakhs||25 lakhs|
|50,001 to 5,00,000||45 lakhs||5 lakhs||50 lakhs|
|Above 5,00,000||70 lakhs||5 lakhs||75 lakhs|
b) For Bars of 3-Star & above Hotels and Micro Breweries :
Rs.1.5 Cr. (Rs.1.45 Cr. non-refundable registration charge + Rs.5 lakhs licence fee) per annum.
c) The above annual licence fee and the non-refundable registration charge for both the categories is subject to enhancement by 10% for the second year of licence period.
d) The annual non-refundable registration charge and the licence fee of a Bar situated in the 5 KM belt from the periphery of a Municipal Corporation and in the 2 KM belt from the periphery of a Municipality, measured in a straight line on the horizontal plane, shall be at the rates of annual non-refundable registration charge and the licence fee of Bar situated within the limits of such Municipal Corporation and Municipality respectively.
e) In case a Bar falls within the belt area of a Municipal Corporation as well as a Municipality, the non-refundable registration charge and licence fee payable shall be the non-refundable registration charge and licence fee applicable to the Bar situated in the belt area of the Municipal Corporation.
11) The directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court on the sale of liquor on the Highways shall be strictly followed.
12) The business hours shall be from 11.00 AM to 10.00 PM in respect of Bars other than 3-Star and above Hotels and food supply upto 11.00 PM. For star Hotels the business hours shall be from 11.00 AM to 11.00 PM and food supply upto 12.00 midnight.
The Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise, Andhra Pradesh, Vijayawada shall take necessary action in the matter.