Engineer-in-Chief (I), Hyderabad has submitted the estimate of Thumilla Lift Irrigation Scheme which is intended to restore the tail end gap ayacut of 55,600 acres in Jogulamba Gadwal Dist. as well as fulfilling the needs of drinking water to the enroute villages. The scheme envisages to lift water from the foreshore of Sunkesula backwater on Thungabhadra River near Thumilla (V), Waddepalli Mandal of Jogulamba Gadwal District and to pump into the RDS Canal system at Km.75.000 for serving tail end ayacut up to 143.00 Km and during gap period to the proposed three reservoirs 1) Mallamma Kunta 2) Julakal and 3) Vallur.
2. After careful examination of the proposal, Government hereby accord Administrative approval for an amount of Rs.783.00 Crores (Rupees Seven hundred and eighty three crores only) for Thummilla Lift Irrigation Scheme consisting of (i) Phase-I : Construction of pump house and its allied works and pressure pipe line of 9.6 Km up to RDS for a gross cost of Rs.397 Crores and a net cost of Rs.190 Crores and (ii) Phase-II: formation of three reservoirs at Mallammakunta, Julakal & Valluru villages along with approach and feeder canals up to RDS canal for an amount of Rs.386.00 Crores. Phase-II of the scheme will be implemented after completion of Land Acquisition and re-accessing the need for Phase-II.
3. The above expenditure shall be debited to the Head of Account “MH-4700 – Major & Medium Irrigation-01 MIC- Minor Head-108- RDS- GH (11) NSP- SH (26) Dams and Appt. Works- 530- Major Works- 531 OE, 532 Lands”
4. The Engineer-in-Chief (Irrigation), Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (WP) Dept. vide their U.O. No.15717/265/ WP/ A1/2016, Dated:06-01-2017.
Irrigation & CAD Department- Thummilla Lift Irrigation Scheme – Stabilization of RDS System from Lift Irrigation Scheme at Thummilla (V), Rajoli (M), Jogulamba Gadwal Dist- Administrative sanction for an amount of Rs.783.00 Crores – Accorded- Orders- Issued. IRRIGATION & CAD (PROJECTS-II) DEPARTMENT G.O.Rt.No. 429 Dated: 19-04-2017 Read the following
1. From the ENC (I), Hyderabad, Lr No.ENC(I)/DCE IV/OT4/ AEE12/ RDS/ Thumilla LIS/MBNR, Dt: 12-09-2016
2. From the ENC (I), Hyderabad, Lr No.ENC(I)/DCE IV/OT4/ AEE12/ RDS/ Thumilla LIS/MBNR, Dt:09-11-2016