Telangana State Society for Training and Employment Promotion TSSTEP orders were issued establishing a State Level Society styled as Andhra Pradesh Society for Training and Employment Promotion (APSTEP) and registered under provisions of Andhra Pradesh (Telangana Area) Public Societies Registration Act, 1350 Fasli (Act 1 of 1350 F) with its objectives.
Under the provision of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014, the existing Andhra Pradesh Society for Training and Employment Promotion (APSTEP) which is an schedule-IX, is required to be bifurcated into two, so as to continue uninterrupted services for effective implementation of employment generation schemes and also for promotion of the training activities.
Chairperson of Expert Committee for approval of the Demerger proposals of Government Companies / Corporations / Entities in the Schedule IX of AP Reorganization Act 2014 has stated that, the Expert Committee has examined the Demerger proposal of APSTEP in detail and has found it in order and approved the same.
Accordingly, Government hereby accord permission for the registration of new Society for Telangana State under the nomenclature of “Telangana State Society for Training and Employment Promotion” (TSSTEP), under the Public Societies
Registration Act, 1350 Fasli (Act 1 of 1350 F) with the following General Body Members:-
|1||Special Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary /Secretary to Government||Chairman|
|2||Commissioner/Director of Labour Employment & Training Government of Telangana||Member|
|3||Commissioner/Director of Youth Services, Government of Telangana||Member|
|4||Managing Director, SETWIN, Government of Telangana||Member|
|5||Addl. Secretary/Joint Secy/Deputy Secretary/Assistant Secretary to Govt, YAT&C Department, Government of Telangana||Member/ Convenor|
|6||Addl. Secy/Joint Secretary/Deputy Secretary/Asst. Secretary to Government, Finance Department, Government of Telangana||Member|
|7||VC&MD,TS Handicrafts Development Corporation, Government of Telangana||Member|
|8||VC&MD, SATS, Leather Industries Promotion Corporation Government of Telangana||Member|
Government also directs that this Society be registered on the basis of Memorandum of Articles of Association with the Head-quarters at Hyderabad that is annexed to this order. The society shall, thereafter function as per the memorandum of Articles of Association. The Chairman of the Society shall take further necessary action.
BYELAWS OF THE TELANGANA STATE SOCIETY FOR TRAINING AND EMPLOYMENT PROMOTION (TSSTEP)
- Title :
These Byelaws may be called the Telangana State Society for Training and Employment Promotion (TSSTEP) Byelaws, 2018
- Scope and Application:
- These byelaws shall extend to all the units and activities of the Telangana State Society for Training and Employment Promotion (TSSTEP) in the whole State of Telangana.
- These byelaws shall come into force from the date on which the Telangana State Society for Training and Employment Promotion (TSSTEP)” is registered under the Telangana State Societies Registration Act 2001.
In these byelaws, unless the context otherwise required or unless otherwise specified.
- “Central Government” means the Government of India
- “Chairman” means the Chairman of the Society
- “Government” means Government of Telangana represented by the Youth Services Department.
- “Society” means the “Telangana State Society for Training and Employment Promotion”.
- “Byelaws” means the byelaws of the Society.
- “Extraordinary General Body Meeting” means the Extraordinary General Body Meeting of the Society.
- “General Body” means the General Body of the Society.
- Words importing the singular number include the plural number and vice versa.
- Words importing the masculine gender also include the feminine gender.
- GENERAL BODY:
Composition of the General Body:
|1||Spl. Chief Secretary / Prl. Secretary/Secretary to
Govt., Youth Services, Govt. of Telangana
|2||Commissioner / Director of Labour Employment &
Training, Govt. of Telangana
|3||Commissioner / Director of Youth Services, Govt.
|4||Managing Director, SETWIN, Govt. of Telangana||Member|
|5||Addl. Secy./Joint Secy./ Deputy Secy./ Asst. Secy. to Govt., YAT&C Department, Govt. of Telangana||Member
|6||Addl. Secy./Joint Secy./ Deputy Secretary / Asst. Secy., to Govt., Finance Department, Govt. of
|7||VC&MD, TS Handicrafts Development Corporation,
Govt. of Telangana
- The General Body shall exercise overall superintendence on the affairs of the Society.
- The Society shall, in each year, hold a General Body meeting as its Annual General meeting. The Society may in addition hold General Meeting other Annual Meeting and the said other meeting shall be called Extraordinary General Body Meetings. The Extraordinary General Body Meeting of the Society may be called by the Chairman. Ordinary general body meetings may also be called on when considered necessary by the Chairman.
- The Annual General Body Meeting can be convened with a seven days notice to the members.
- Extraordinary General Body Meeting can be convened at a shorter notice in case of urgency.
- The Quorum of the Annual General Body Meeting and the Extra ordinary General Meeting shall be one fifth of the membership.
- If within half an hour from the time appointed for holding a meeting the quorum is not present, the meeting shall stand adjourned to the same day in the next week, at the same time and place or as the Chairman of the Meeting may determine.
- If at the adjourned meeting, a quorum is not present within half an hour from the time appointed for holding the meeting the members present shall be quorum.
- In the absence of the Chairman one of the Members present shall chair the meeting as may be selected in the said meeting.
- All questions coming up before the meeting shall be decided by a majority of vote of the Members present and in the case of equality of votes, the person presiding over the meeting shall have a second and casting vote.
- The Chairman shall have full authority to decide in the admissibility of any question, expunging any remarks directing the conclusion of debate and putting any motion to vote. The Chairman decision on the conduct of the meeting shall be final.
- Functions & Powers of the Chairman:
- Shall ensure that the affairs of the General Body are run efficiently and in accordance with the Memorandum of Association and Byelaws of the Society.
- Shall preside over the meetings of the General Body.
- May himself/herself call a meeting of the General Body at any time;
- Shall be entitled to invite any other person to attend the meeting of the General Body provided that such persons shall not have the right of voting.
- The Chairman shall have the power to enter into contracts, agreements, arrangement with other public or private organizations of individuals for furtherance of the society objectives.
- The Chairman shall have powers to create technical, administrative, and managerial and other posts in the Society and sanction scales of pay to the posts created on deputation basis as well as engage person of on contract / outsourcing basis.
- Prescribe the duties of all officers and staff of the Society including its branches & units at or in districts.
- Exercise such supervision and administrative, financial & disciplinary control over all the officers & staff of the Society as may be deemed fit;
- Keep a record of proceedings of the meetings of the General Body in accordance with these Byelaws, and
- Discharge such other functions as may be assigned to him by the General Body, or under these byelaws, in furtherance of the objectives of the Society.
- COMMITTEES, SUB COMMITTEES AND TECHNICAL WING:
- The Chairman may form one or more Committee or Sub Committees for attaining the objectives of the Society.
- The Chairman may appoint such persons to those committees who are prominent in their respective fields such as higher learning, academics, specialized professions, industry, commerce, trade, politics as well as other realms of public life.
- The Chairman may appoint any suitable person as Chairman of such committees. These Committees shall meet at such time and place and conduct their business in such directions as may be issued by the Chairman.
- The members of Committees thus constituted will not form a part of the General Body.
- The Chairman will on formation of the society create a Training wing, Technical / Engineering Wing and an Administrative & Finance Wing within the society, and any other wing as may be considered necessary.
- MANAGEMENT OF FINANCES OF THE SOCIETY:
Composition of Society Funds:
- a) The funds of the Society shall consists of the following:
- Grants in aid made by the Central Government and the State Government for furtherance of the objects of the Society.
- Contribution and receipts of the Society from other sources
- Income from the assets of the Society
- Grants / Donations
- All fees and sale proceeds received by the Society
- All moneys received by the Society in any other manner or from any other source
The balance of the Society shall be decided by the General Body. All funds shall be paid into the Society account or accounts and shall not be withdrawn except through a cheque or appropriate instrument signed by the Chairman or the authorized representative of the Society.
Maintenance of Accounts:
The Society shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare annual accounts comprising the receipts and payments account, statement of liabilities in such forms as may be prescribed by the Registrar of Societies of State Government in keeping with the Rules in force under Telangana State Societies Registration Act 2001.
Auditing of Accounts:
The accounts of the Society shall be audited annually by an independent Chartered Accountant and in accordance with the provisions of the Telangana State Societies Registration Act 2001. An internal auditor may be appointed, if required, to guide the society staff
Processing of Audited Accounts:
The audited accounts shall be placed before a meeting of the General Body for its consideration which shall submit a copy of Audit Report along with observation, if any, to the State Government within a fortnight from the date of receipt thereof by it.
- ANNUAL REPORTS:
Preparation and submission of Annual Report:
The Annual Report on the working of the Society and the work undertaken by it during the year together with Balance Sheet and audited Accounts, shall be prepared during the year together with Balance Sheet and audited Accounts, shall be prepared and passed by the General Body. A copy of the Annual Report shall be placed before the General Body for consideration, which after giving its approval shall submit the same to the State Government.
- APEX SOCIETY:
The Society shall be the Apex Society to all the Districts Societies of Training and Employment promotion as was the case with the erstwhile APSTEP.
- REVENUE GENERATION:
In order to augment revenue generation and optional use of the resources at its disposal, the Society can offer consultancy services as well as utilise the Technical / Engineering Wing to take up execution of engineering work of other government departments or agencies and/or any other related consultancy works.
- AMENDMENT OF PURPOSE:
With the prior approval of the State Government, the General Assembly may amend, alter, extend or abridge the purpose for which it is established, or amalgamate the Society either wholly or partly with any other Society in accordance with the provisions of the Telangana State Societies Registration Act 2001.
- DISSOLUTION OF SOCIETY:
If the Society needs to be dissolved, it should be dissolved as per the provision, of Telangana State Societies Registration Act 2001 with the consent of the Government of Telangana.
- APPROPRIATION OF SOCIETY’S PROPERTY:
If, on the winding up or dissolution of the Society, there shall remain, after the dissatisfaction of all its debts and liabilities, any assets and property whatsoever, the same shall not be paid to or distributed amongst the members of the Society or anyone of them but shall be transferred by the General Body to the State Government which will have the power to decide about its further utilisation.
Change in Nomenclature:
As and when there is any change in the nomenclature of Ministries, Departments, or Institution (s) and designation (s) mentioned in the byelaws, such change shall automatically stand incorporated in these Byelaws.
The Society shall have a common seal and emblem of such make and design as approved by the General Body.