The Telangana State Energy Conservation Fund Rules, 2018 – Notification – Orders In exercise of the powers conferred by section 57 read with section 16 of the Energy Conservation Act, 2001 (Central Act 52 of 2001), the Government of Telangana hereby makes the following Rules for Constitution and Regulation of Telangana State Energy Conservation Fund:-
1. Short title and Commencement.- (1) These rules may be called the Telangana State Energy Conservation Fund Rules, 2018.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Telangana State Gazette.
2. Definitions. – in these rules, unless the context otherwise requires:-
(a) “ Act” means the Energy Conservation Act , 2001 (Central Act 52 of 2001);
(b) “Telangana State Energy Conservation Fund” means the Fund established under Section 16 of the Act;
(c) Government means Government of Telangana;
(d) “section” means a section of the Act; and
(e) all other words and expressions used herein and not defined but defined in the Act, shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in the Act.
3. Constitution of Telangana State Energy Conservation Fund.-
(1) The fund constituted under this rule shall be administered by the State Designated Agency as notified under clause (d) of section 15 of the Act through P.D. Account.
(2) Proceeds of the fund shall be utilized for the purpose of promotion and efficient use of energy and its conservation in the State of Telangana.
(3) The fund shall be credited all grants and loans that may be made by the Government of Telangana or Central Government or any other State Government or Quasi Central/ State Government Organisation or Central/State Public Sector undertakings or any individual or any corporate body.
4. Purpose for which the fund shall be applied:-
(1) To meet the expenditure incurred by the Designated Agency to take all measures to create awareness and disseminate information for efficient use of energy and its conservation and for undertaking
awareness programme for consumers, industrial & commercial sectors, school children, farmers and others;
(2) To meet the expenditure incurred by the Designated Agency for training of personnel and specialists for efficient use of energy and its conservation;
(3) For promotion of Research & Development in the field of energy conservation;
(4) To develop testing and certification procedure, in creation of testing facilities for certification or verification testing for energy consumption of equipment and appliances;
(5) To formulate implementation of Pilot projects and demonstration projects for promotion of efficient use of energy and its conservation or to provide matching contribution for such projects taken up by Bureau of Energy Efficiency;
(6) To promote the use of energy efficient processes from the equipments, devices and systems;
(7) To meet the matching grant to the centrally sponsored schemes and schemes of Bureau of Energy Efficiency implemented in the State of Telangana;
(8) To meet the expenses incurred by the Designated Agency For implementing the provisions of the Act
5. Operation of the Fund:-
(1) The designated Agency is notified under clause (d) of section 15 of the Act shall operate the fund;
(2) Expenditure for any item in excess of Rs.5.00 lakes shall be incurred with the prior approval of State Level Steering Committee for Energy Conservation as constituted by Government of Telangana from time to time;
(3) Any expenditure below Rs.5.00 lakhs or as fixed by Government from time to time shall be incurred by the Designated Agency and the Designated Agency shall furnish the details of such expenditure on quarterly basis to the State Level Steering Committee or at such other interval as prescribed by Government of Telangana;
(4) The Designated Agency shall maintain accounts for the fund and shall furnish the Income and Expenditure to the above state Level Steering Committee on quarterly basis or at such other interval as prescribed by Government of Telangana from time to time.
2. The Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation Ltd. (TSREDCO) shall take necessary further action accordingly.
Government after careful examination of the request submitted by the Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation Ltd. (TSREDCO) for constitution of State Energy Conservation Fund for the State of Telangana for effective implementation of Energy Conservation activities in the State of Telangana, have decided to issue notification for establishment of the Telangana State Energy Conservation Fund Rules, 2018.
G.O.Ms.No.04 Dated:15.02.2018. Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.13, Energy (Power/A1) Dept., dt:17.4.2017.
2. From the Director General, Bureau of Energy Efficiency, GoI, Ministry of Power, Letter F.No.02/42/SDA/SECF/7437-38, dt:22.11.2017
3. From the Vice Chairman & Managing Director , Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation Ltd. (TSREDCO), Lr.No. TSREDCO/EC/SECF/48/2017-18/456, 15.11.2017 & dt:4.12.2017