Government of Telangana issued orders indicating the policy guidelines for procurement of paddy in Kharif Marketing Season 2017-18. In the Government orders it was stated that Telangana State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd., (TSCSCL) shall purchase paddy from farmers at MSP through IKP groups, PACS, DCMS etc., Accordingly TSCSCL is undertaking Paddy procurement under MSP as a sole agent of Government of Telangana.
2. In view of the farmer’s welfare schemes like loan waiver, Irrigation Projects, Mission Kakatiya, timely supply of fertilizers and seeds, 24 hours free power supply, construction of godowns, tractor on subsidy, tax exemptions, Rythu Bandhu schemes etc. taken by the Govt. of Telangana there is buoyancy in agricultural activity. As a result of this paddy production has been increased immensely in the state. The paddy procurement under MSP operations due to decentralized procurement which is ensuring Minimum Support Price to the farmers is increasing year by year after the formation of Telangana State.
3. In Rabi 2017-18 it is estimated that farmers will deliver about 40 lakh MTs., of Paddy under MSP to State Agency. As of now Telangana State Civil Supplies Corporation Ltd. (TSCSCL) is undertaking Paddy procurement under MSP from farmers as a sole agent. As estimated procurement of Paddy in Rabi would be 40 lakh Mts., it is felt that there is need to nominate additional agency for procurement of paddy besides TSCSCL. This would facilitate seamless procurement of paddy and ensure that farmers deliver their paddy to state agencies and receive payment early.
4. The Telangana State Co-Operative Marketing Federation Ltd., which is already engaged in procurement operations of Maize, Pulses and Other Food Grains, is suitable agency to undertake paddy procurement along with TSCSCL in Rabi-2017-18.
5. After careful examination of the matter, it is hereby ordered to nominate T.S Co-Operative Markfed Ltd., as an additional nodal agency to procure 15 lakh Mts., of paddy during Rabi 2017-18 along with TSCSCL. The TS Co-Operative Markfed Ltd., shall undertake paddy procurement operations in accordance with the procurement policy orders issued vide reference read above.
6. The Managing Director of Telangana State Co-Operative Markfed Ltd., shall ensure procurement of paddy in Co-ordination with TSCSCL with immediate effect.