Telangana is an important Agricultural state in the country growing various agri and Horti crops. Government now decided to establish a new corporation under the title “Telangana Rashtra Rythu Samanvaya Samithi” for speedy development of agriculture sector.
The samithi would plan for the welfare of the farming community in the state by increasing production & productivity of various crops and ensuring better prices to the farmers.
The samithi would also plan for the better performance of Agriculture sector and for inclusive growth which is very vital for this agriculturally important state and in view of the immense resources that are available. This will be a concrete step for brining in the second green revolution in the state.
It is also observed that every year when the seasonal conditions are favourable and bumper crop is expected the prices go down and rule less than the MSP fixed by GOI, with the result government has to intervene and take up large operations of procurement in the state in coordination with GOI and its organizations.
Whenever the market prices rule below the MSP, the Govt has to intervene and make MSP operations involving various functionaries. Therefore Government has decided to establish the “Telangana Rashtra Rythu Samanvaya Samithi” to promote procurement, storage, processing and marketing of agriculture and horticultural crops and their products with the objective of ensuring remunerative prices or better prices to the farmers.
Scope of the Corporation:
- The state is having huge areas under paddy, Maize, Pulses and Oilseeds etc. with suitable soils and climate conditions. The Samithi will plan for establishment of Crop Colonies to increase production and productivity.
- The state has also tremendous potential for development of horticultural crops and it has vast areas under fruits like mango, citrus, vegetables, poly house cultivation and spices like turmeric and chilies
- The Samithi will assess the state input requirements and plan for effective supply and distribution in the state.
- The Samithi shall organize trainings, field visits of farmers and staff to other states and market yards for exposure
- With a view to increase the reach of Farm Mechanization especially to small and marginal farmers will improve the Farm Power availability per hectare thereby reducing the cost of cultivation.
- The Samithi will enlist cooperation of International, National scientists and experts and various ICAR institute and Universities and invite them for periodic consultation and improve planning for development of agriculture.
- It will enter into MoUs with various organizations / Universities International and National in the field of Agriculture, Horticulture etc.
- It will organize and arrange exposure visits to farmers and extension staff with in the state and outside the state also.
- With a view to build a prosperous and sustainable agriculture sector in the state the FPOs/FPCs will be promoted by the Samithi to enable farmers to enhance productivity through efficient cost effective and sustainable resource use and realize higher returns for their produce.
- The Samithi will strive for strengthening of cooperative organizations and Farmers training organizations / centers etc.
- The Agriculture and Horticultures Department shall promote Agriculture/ Horticulture crops by providing extension services. Once the farmers produce crops and when there is fluctuation in the prices i.e.; less than MSP fixed by GOI the Corporation will intervene and make arrangements for procuring the produce and provide minimum support price to the farmers.
- Assess areas and production of crops each season in coordination with Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Agrl and Horti. Universities and concerned Departments for taking up procurement operations
- The Corporation shall also facilitate the Post-Harvest Management like processing,, value addition and marketing of such produce to minimize the losses and enhance the income of the farmers.
- The corporation role starts from right production of crops to the procurement operations post-harvest operations like Grading, Processing and Packing for local use and also for export market. The Corporation also deals with all loans linked schemes such as the construction of Godowns, Cold Storages, Pack Houses and establishment of Outlets.
- The Agriculture/Hort Departments shall aim at self-sufficiency of crops and whereas corporation aims at processing and sales in local market and export market. Both the Department and corporation shall work in close coordination, cooperation in production and processing respectively.
- The Corporation shall also coordinate and converge among all-important stakeholders within the Government and outside the Government. The Corporation shall take up State-of-the-Art infrastructure in taking up the end requirements of the farmers, consumers and exporters. The Corporation shall explore the possibilities of collaboration with private industries in PPP mode.
- Motivating and Organizing the Farmers Producers Organizations in Crop colonies.
- Organizing interactions farmers with private stakeholders and trade bodies.
- Explore possibilities of exports to other states/ countries
Objectives of the Corporation:
The corporation shall:-
- Aim to ensure minimum support price / remunerative price to the farmers by intervening as and when necessary which will improve over all income of the farmers.
- Promote the availability of clean and safe (un-adulterated) agricultural food products directly to the people for their daily consumption.
- Work in consultation and in coordination with departments of Horticulture, Agriculture and other allied departments, MGNREGS, Marketing, and corporations like MARKFED, AGROSO, SWC, OILFED, TSSDC etc. and other related and relevant Government organizations.
- Take up the Post – Harvest interventions like godowns, pack houses, cold storages and total supply chain management from the farmer to the final consumer.
- The Corporation shall explore the possibilities of collaboration with private industries and existing food parks in PPP mode.
- Aim at export of agriculture products to neighboring states and other countries.
- Take up the promotion of its own outlets, if necessary.
- Promote Agriculture produce by taking up value addition activities such as Grading, Processing, Packing, Marketing of the finished commodities particularly by establishing a special brand of its own.
- Organize and promote Farmers Producer Organizations/Farmer Producer Companies to strengthen the pre-harvesting and post- harvesting interventions.
- Market led extension facilitating development of appropriate market intelligence, capacity building and supply chain management.
Government has examined the matter carefully and hereby accord permission for formation and registration of new company as a nonprofit organization under section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013 under the title “Telangana Rashtra Rythu Samanvaya Samithi” with the following Board of Directors.
- Director – Agricultural Production Commissioner & Principal Secretary to Government
- Director / Commissioner of Agriculture, Hyderabad
- Director / Commissioner of Horticulture, Hyderabad
- Managing Director, “Telangana Rashtra Rythu Samanvaya Samithi”
- Nominee from Finance Department
- to 15 – Farmers’
The first Directors of the “Telangana Rashtra Rythu Samanvaya Samithi” shall be as follows.
- Sri C. Partha Sarathi, IAS, Agricultural Production Commissioner & Principal Secretary to Government of Telangana.
- M. Jagan Mohan, IAS, Commissioner of Agriculture, Hyderabad
- L. Venkatram Reddy, Commissioner/Director of Horticulture , Hyderabad
- G. Laxmi Bai, Director of Agricultural Marketing, Hyderabad.
The authorized share capital shall be a minimum of Rs.200.00 Crores/- (Rupees Two Hundred crores) with 20.00 crores (Twenty crores) shares of Rs.10/- each.
The subscribers to the Memorandum and Articles of Association for incorporation of the Company / Corporation are as follows.
|E||Name of the subscriber||No of shares||Amount in Rs.|
|1||Sri C. Partha Sarathi, IAS, Agricultural Production
Commissioner & Principal Secretary
|2||Dr. M. Jagan Mohan, IAS,
Commissioner of Agriculture,
|3||Sri M. Veera Brahmaiah, IAS, VC & MD, OILFED||10||100|
|4||Sri. L. Venkatram Reddy,
Commissioner /Director of
|5||Sri Ch. V. Sai Prasad, Joint
Secretary finance department
|6||Smt. G. Laxmi Bai, Director of Agricultural Marketing||10||100|
|7||Sri T. Sudhakar, DGM, APEDA||10||100|
The Commissioner of Agriculture shall act as the Managing Director of “Telangana Rashtra Rythu Samanvaya Samithi” till a full time Managing Director is appointed and also to take further necessary action for registration of “Telangana Rashtra Rythu Samanvaya Samithi” under Section 8 of Companies Act, 2013.
The Managing Director “Telangana Rashtra Rythu Samanvaya Samithi” shall take further necessary action in the matter accordingly.