Telangana Gram Panchayat Elections 2018 Expenditure by Contesting Candidate, Section 237 of Telangana Panchayat Raj Act, 2018 stipulates that every contesting candidate at an election held under Telangana Panchayat Raj Act shall, either by himself or by his election agent, keep a separate and correct account of all expenditure incurred in connection with election between the date on which the candidate concerned has been nominated and the date of declaration of results of the election both days inclusive.
Sub-section (2) of section 237 stipulates that the account of election expenditure shall contain such particulars as may, by order be specified by the State Election Commission.
A review of the accounts submitted by contested candidates over the years and the scrutiny of the same by the SEC revealed that the proformae specified earlier are neither easy for the filers nor are they amenable for effective scrutiny by the SEC. Hence, in exercise of the powers conferred under sub-section (2) of section 237 of the Telangana Panchayat Raj Act, 2018, the State Election Commission, hereby, notifies the specifics and the formats according to which the election expenditure accounts shall be maintained in the elections to
Panchayat Raj Bodies as follows-
1. Accounts to be in the proforma specified:- The Accounts of Election Expenditure shall be maintained in a register format consisting of:
I. Cover page in Proforma – I depicting the details of election, name of the contesting candidate and total expenditure incurred etc.
II. Index page in Proforma – II showing the day wise election expenditure abstract.
III. Main pages in Proforma – III containing the day to day account of election expenditure of the contesting candidates.
IV. Acknowledgment in Proforma – IV to serve as a record of submission with the candidate as well as the office of the Authorized Officer.
The proformas for maintaining register for account of election expenditure by the contesting candidates are appended to this Notification.
2. The ‘day-to-day’ true account of election expenditure incurred by contesting candidate or his Election Agent and also by his supprters, any political party, or body or association or other individuals supporting the candidature or for furthering chances of the candidate in the election shall be recorded in the main pages as in Proforma III.
3. The day to day expenditure account so maintained in proforma III shall be supported by proper vouchers failing which it will not be treated as true account of election expenditure as required under the law, save in cases where it is not possible to obtain vouchers.
4. Each of the supporting vouchers, enclosed with the account of election expenditure, shall bear the signature in full of the contesting candidate or his election agent.
5. The candidate or his authorized agent shall prepare an index/contents of the expenditure periodically during the campaign period in the proforma II enclosed to this Order and the same shall be duly signed by the candidate or his election agent certifying its correctness and shall be submitted to the designated authorities for inspection and scrutiny.
6. The original acknowledgment should be issued to the candidate on submission of the accounts. A copy of it shall be retained in the office of the receiving officer for the record purpose.
7. The State Election Commission directs that for concurrent monitoring, the “day to day basis”a true account of expenditure in Proforma-III should be submitted every day to the MPDOs concerned by the candidate/election agent personally or through a messenger/post. The MPDO shall see that these day to day accounts of expenditure submitted are published and to make them available to anybody who intends to verify them.
8. The final of return of election expenditure in the proformae – I, II, III, & IV attached to this Notification shall be submitted by the contesting candidates to the MPDO within 45 days from the date of declaration of the results of the Office for which they had contested.
Notification for fixing the ceiling limit of Election Expenditure to be incurred by contesting candidates to the Gram Panchayats in June and July 2018-
TELANGANA STATE ELECTION COMMISSION 1st Floor, DTCP Building, Opp: PTI Building, A.C.Guards, Hyderabad — 500 004. No.181/TSEC-L/2018, Dated:18.06.2018. NOTIFICATION
In exercise of the powers conferred under Article 243-K of the Constitution of India read with sub-section (3) of section 237 of Telangana Panchayat Raj Act, 2018 and in supersession of the notification issued earlier in this regard, the State Election Commission, hereby specifies in column 2 of the table below the maximum election expenditure which can be incurred by a contesting candidate in the elections to Gram Pachayats for the directly elected offices indicated in the column No.1 thereof. TABLE
Name of the post
(1) Sarpanch of a Gram Panchayat having a population of 5,000 and above as per Census 2011
Election Expenditure Rs. 2,50,000
Sarpanch of a Gram panchayat having a population of less than 5,000 as per the Census 2011 Election Expenditure Rs.1,50,000
Ward Member of a Gram Panchayat having a population of 5,000 and above as per Census 2011
Election Expenditure Rs. 50,000
Ward Member of a Gram Panchayat having a population of less than 5,000 as per Census 2011
Election Expenditure Rs. 30,000
These orders shall come into force with immediate effect.
To All the District Collectors & District Election Authorities in the State, Copy to: The Principal Secretary to Government, PR&RD Department. The Commissioner of Panchayat Raj & Rural Employment and Election Authority, Telangana, Hyderabad. All the Observers All the District Panchayat Officers in the State All the Mandal Parishad Development Officers through the District Election Authorities concerned. All the Political Parties.