Telangana Dhoopa Deepa Naivedyam and honorarium to Archakas Guidelines:-
1. The Temple must have been registered or published under the provisions of Telangana Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Act, 30/87.
2. The Temple must have been constructed at least 15 years back and the devotees worship regularly and daily rituals are performed by Archaka regularly.
3. Ancient Temples shall be given priority.
4. The Temple must be located in a Village/Municipality limits but not in Municipal Corporations.
5. The Temple should not be endowed with any properties (or) any other source of income for its maintenance.
(a). However, a temple having less than 2½ Acres of wet land or 5 Acres of Dry land which do not get more than Rs.50,000/- income per annum from all sources can also be considered under Dhoopa Deepa Naivedyam Scheme.
(b). The scheme is not applicable to Grama Devatha temples where the rituals, Jatharas take place once or twice in a year.
6. Temples situated in Tribal Villages/Areas, where rituals are performed by poojaries regularly in such temples, can be considered under this scheme subject to registration or publication of the institution under the provisions of Telangana Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Act, 30/87.
a) A notification will be published in State Edition of the two leading Telugu Daily Newspapers covering all Districts of Telangana State calling for applications as per the guidelines in the prescribed format giving 20 days time.
b) The applications will be received by the Offices of Assistant Commissioner of the concerned District.
c) The applications in the prescribed format shall be made by the practicing Archaka of the Temple (or) any person rendering daily services in the temple duly attested by Village Secretary.
d) The following Committee shall scrutinize the applications received, short list the eligible temples as per the guidelines.
1) Joint Collector of the District.
2) Assistant Commissioner of concerned District.
3) Two representatives nominated by the Archaka Samakhya of the District.
4) One of the expert in concern sect i.e. Shaiva, Shaktheya, Vaishnava or Pradhana Archaka of nearest Major Temple in the District.
e) The Committee shall inspect the temples and conduct local enquiry and recommend the eligible temples covered as per guidelines for considering under Dhoopa Deepa Naivedyam Scheme.
f) The Committee shall take Digital photograph of the temple along with the practicing Archaka and submit the C.D. to facilitate computerization of the temples.
g) The Commissioner, Endowments Department will consolidate the list of temples recommended by the Committee and submit the report to the Government for issue of orders.
4. The Commissioner, Endowments Department requested the Government to approve the above guidelines and procedure along with application format and permit him (1) to issue notification in two leading Telugu Daily Newspapers covering all Districts of Telangana State inviting applications as per the guidelines and (2) to meet the expenditure, for publication of notification from the funds of C.G.F.
5. Government, after careful examination, hereby approve the above guidelines and procedure as proposed by the Commissioner, Endowments Department at para 3 above, duly permitting the C.E.D. (1) to issue notification through newspapers calling for applications as per guidelines in the prescribed format (ii) to meet the expenditure for publication of notification in newspapers from the funds of C.G.F.
6. The Commissioner of Endowments Department shall take further necessary action, accordingly.