Government of Telangana issued GO 172 on 5 July 2017 for Salary hike for Contract Lecturers working in Telangana Government Polytechnics have fixed the Revised Pay Scales to the Lecturers in the Government Polytechnics as Rs.40270-93780.
2. The Government in the reference , have accorded permission for the renewal of (435) Contract Lecturers working in the Government Polytechnics in the State for the Academic Year, 2016-17.
3. In the G.O.Ms.No.14, Finance (HRM.I) Department, dt.19.02.2016, the Government have reviewed the remuneration of contract/outsourced services and issued orders for enhancement of remuneration of the categories of services other than those specified in the G.O., which are having a fixed consolidated remuneration that the remuneration shall be fixed not exceeding 50% enhancement of the existing remuneration or the Minimum of the Time Scale attached to the similar category of comparable post in the Revised Pay Scale 2015, whichever is less.
4. Accordingly, vide reference 3rd read above, Government have issued orders for enhancement of remuneration of the Contract Lecturers working in the Government Polytechnics in the State from Rs.19,000/- (Nineteen Thousand only) per month to Rs.28500/- (Rupees Twenty Eight Thousand and Five Hundred only) per month and accordingly the payment of the remuneration for the month of January, 2017 (to be paid on 01-02-2017) shall be made.
5. The Commissioner of Technical Education, Telangana State, Hyderabad vide reference 4th read above, has stated that, Contract Lecturers have requested that they are performing official duties on par with regular Teaching Staff and requested for sanction of minimum pay in the time scale of PRC, 2015 to the Contract Lecturers to meet their growing expenses. The minimum Pay Scales attached to the post of Lecturers in Government Polytechnics in Revised Pay Scales’ 2015 as per the G.O. 1st read above is Rs.40,270-93780. As such, the additional financial commitment on the Government exchequer would be Rs.5,11,99,500/- for 435 Contract Lecturers working in Government Polytechnics for 10 months, if enhanced from the existing remuneration of Rs.28,500/- to Rs.40,270/- per month for the Academic Year, 2017-18.
6. After careful examination of the matter, the Government hereby issue orders for enhancement of the remuneration of the Contract Lecturers working in the Government Polytechnics in the State from Rs.28,500/-(Rupees Twenty Eight Thousand and Five Hundred only) per month to Rs.40,270/- (Rupees Forty Thousand, Two Hundred and Seventy only) per month, equivalent to the Minimum of the Time Scale attached to the Lecturer Post in the Govt. Polytechnics in the State, in terms of G.O.Ms.No.25, Finance(HRM.IV)Dept., dt.18.03.2015, with effect from the Academic Year, 2017-18.
7. The Commissioner of Technical Education, Telangana State, Hyderabad, shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
8. This Orders issues with the concurrence of the Finance (HRM.I) Department vide their U.O.No.6604/179/A2/HRM1/2017, dt.30.06.2017.
- G.O.Ms.No.25, Finance(HRM.IV)Dept., dt.18.03.2015.
- G.O.Rt.No.209, H.E.(TE) Dept., dt.21-07-2016
3.G.O.Rt.No.14, Higher Education (TE) Dept., dt.27.01.2017.
4.From the CTE, T.S., Hyderabad Lr.No.G/10000/2016 dt.06.02.2017