The Engineer-in-Chief(IW), Hyderabad while indicating the General conditions and technical conditions as laid down in the reference has stated that application for registration of site @ Akkampally Balancing Reservoir is one of the components of AMR SLBC lift scheme which is a small balancing reservoir with a gross storage capacity of 1.5 TMC from which raw water of 350 cusecs is being supplied to HMWS & SB to enable to supply drinking water to Hyderabad at a rate of 180 mgd duly meeting irrigation requirement during Khariff/Rabi for a period of about 4 ½ months at a rate ranging from 1000 cusecs to 1800 cusecs depending upon the availability of the water in Nagarjuna Sagar Project, and as per requirement and requested the Government to take a decision since the reservoirs are not covered.
View Larger Map
The Engineer-in-Chief(Irrigation), Hyderabad has stated that the Chief Engineer, Central Designs Organization, Member & Convener of the Standing Committee on Mini Hydel Schemes convened a meeting on 15.11.2012 for issue of “No Objection Certificate” for establishing the proposed Mini Hydel Scheme at “Akkampally Balancing Reservoir of AMR SLBC Project, of capacity 2 x 1.50 MW by M/s.Pakeeza Infrastructure Development Co. Pvt. Ltd. and furnished the recommendations of the Committee to the Government subject to condition NOC for MHS can be given only after amendment of G.O.Ms.No.165, I&CAD(PW:Reforms) Department, dated:11.07.2007 for new policy decision.
Accordingly, the Engineer-in-Chief(Irrigation), Hyderabad requested the Government for issuance of “No Objection Certificate” for establishing the proposed Mini Hydel Scheme at “Akkampally Balancing Reservoir” of AMR SLBC Project, of capacity 2 x 1.50 MW by M/s.Pakeeza Infrastructure Development Co. Pvt. Ltd., subject to the revised Mini Hydel Scheme guidelines to be formulated.
Government after careful examination hereby direct the Engineer-in-Chief(Irrigation) to issue “No Objection Certificate” for establishing the proposed Mini Hydel Scheme at “Akkampally Balancing Reservoir of AMR SLBC Project at Akkampally(V), P.A. Pally(M), Nalgonda District of capacity 2 x 1.50 MW by M/s.Pakeeza Infrastructure Development Co. Pvt. Ltd., under the following conditions:–
1) Methodology of Construction of intake structure and other components of MHS i.e. regulator in earth dam must be approved by Chief Engineer, NSRSSP and the Chief Engineer, CDO before commencement of Mini Hydel Scheme civil works.
2) The Permission for Mini Hydel Scheme is subject to the allocation of water to SLBC in its final order by KWDT2 after its publication.
3) The availability of the water for the MHS after completion of SLBC tunnel scheme is not the responsibility of I&CAD Department.
4) If any structure is proposed in future to cross the power house structure and its channels for excavation of canal of projects, the cost of CM and CD works shall be born by the agency.
5) The parameters of the reservoir should not effect due to direct tapping of water from the reservoir.
6) The developer has to submit affidavit that he has no right to claim water allocation and compensation.
7) The Mini Hydel Scheme works shall be carried out under constant supervision of I&CAD department without affecting the safety of the existing structure.
8) The designs and drawings of all civil works have to be approved by Chief Engineer, C.D.O.
9) The inflow data considered for the subject MHS is the responsibility of the developer and the Government / Department has nothing to do with it.
10) Financial viability is the responsibility of the agency only.
11) There should be no impact on water management of the existing system since the scheme is proposed on the reservoir.
12) There are no upper and lower riparian rights involved as the scheme is non consumptive in nature.
13) The proposed MHS should not meddle with the existing flood discharging arrangement or drainage system and there should be no issues like floods/ drainage requiring special attention.
14) The availability of water considered for the project for the specified period in the system is not the responsibility of the I&CAD Department.
1) The agency has to obtain the consent of land owners whose land is comingunder acquisition before commencement of the work.
2) During the lean flows the irrigation requirements gets priority and power generation shall be stopped.
3) All safety measures taken have to be demonstrated to the officials of the APGENCO and I&CAD Department before commissioning the project.
4) Before commissioning of the Mini Hydel Scheme, clearance from I&CAD Department and APGENCO shall be obtained by the developer.
5) All statutory clearances for the project, if required are to be obtained by the developer from the Government in respect of (i) Forest (ii) Environmental and others if any.
20) An undertaking from the developer for the conditions laid down in the G.O.Ms.No.165, I&CAD(PW:Reforms)Deptt., dated:11.7.2007 is to be obtained.
5. The “No objection Certificate” to the firm viz., M/s.Pakeeza Infrastructure Development Co. Pvt. Ltd., under the above conditions is issued subject to condition that the revised guidelines to be formulated by the Government will be applicable this Project too.
6. The Engineer-in-Chief(Irrigation), Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
G.O.Ms.No. 33. Dated:10-04-2013.READ the following:-
1) G.O.Ms.No.165, I&CAD(PW:Reforms) Deptt., dt:11.07.2007.
2) From the E.N.C.(IW), Hyderabad, Lr.No.ENC/IW/P&M/EE.III/ DEE/AE-2/761/Vol-VII, dated:31.03.2011.
3) Govt.Lr.No.6787/Reforms/A2/2011, dated:06.05.2011.
4) From the E.N.C.(Irr.), Hyderabad, Lr.No.ENC(I)/DCE IV/ OTMS/S5/MHPP/12, dated:28.01.2013.