The Mission Director, NRHM, Hyderabad has sent a proposal, stating that the departmental officers who have requisite IT knowledge along with the domain expertise are required to digitize various process in health and design, develop, implement and enable successful ITES in the department. Hence he has desired to build the capacity of 20 officers of the department as Chief Information Officers (CIO) along with the officers drawn from the convergent departments like Women and Child Welfare and Rural Development.
The Mission Director, NRHM has also stated that the CIO programme is to prepare the officers to play a leadership role in the planning and implementation of IT projects in Health in accordance with high priority assigned by the Government for effective implementation of IT in all departments. That all the officers so selected have to execute a bond to continue to serve the department for a period of
2 years after completion of the training programme and to be the CIOs.
3. He has stated that initial discussions were held with the officials of NISG and it was formally decided to have a six week course, split in two phases of three weeks with one month internship in between to conceptualize and lead the department IT projects.
4. In the circumstances stated by the Mission Director, NRHM, Hyderabad in the reference Govt hereby constitute a Programme Implementation Committee (PIC) with the following composition in order to design the programme structure, decide the arrangements with NISG, create the requisite infrastructure, select the officers from the department for training, finalize the plans for starting the CIO training by late January 2013 or early February 2013, define the funding structure and to supervise the implementation of the programme:
Sl. No. Designation & Department Role
1 Principal Secretary HM&FW department Chairman
2 Commissioner of Health and Family Welfare, Hyderabad Member
3 Chief Executive Officer, Aarogyasri Health Care Trust Member
4 Mission Director, NRHM Member
5 Representative of IT & C department, AP, Hyderabad Member
6 Sri. Piyush Gupta, Associate Vice President, NISG Member
7 Joint Director (Training), O/o CHFW, Hyderabad Convener
Terms of Reference (TOR) for the Committee
1. Finalize the eligibility criteria for participants(academic and professional qualifications, age, designation), the process of nominations, interviews, selection etc. recommendation for any training allowances, treating the period of training, terms of bond etc
2. Finalize the course content, mode and duration of the CIO programme
3. Design and finalize the MOU with NISG and any other institution like IIPH, IIHFW etc whose resources are proposed to be utilized for the programme
4. Co-opt experts as special invitees to assist the committee in its work as and when required
5. Discuss and finalize the programme expenditure plan
6. Explore the funding sources
7. Supervise and guide all aspects of the programme
G.O.Rt.No. 386 Dt.11-03-2013 Read:
From MD, NRHM, A.P., Hyd., Note No. Nil and dt.17-12-2012.