In exercise of the powers conferred by section 180 of the Electricity Act, 2003 (Central Act No.36 of 2003) read with Regulation 29 of Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to Safety and Electric Supply) Regulations, 2010, the Government of Telangana hereby makes the following Regulations for issuing of Licenses to Electrical Contractors and issuing Certificates of Competency and Permits to Supervisors and Wiremen, namely;
Telangana State Electrical Licensing Regulations 2018 REGULATIONS CHAPTER – I
1. Short title Extent and Commencement:-
(1) These regulations may be called Telangana State Electrical Licensing Regulations, 2018
(2) These regulations extend to the whole the State of Telangana.
(3) These regulations shall come into force, on the date of their publication in the Telangana gazette.
(1) In these regulations, unless the context otherwise requires
(a) “Act” means The Electricity Act, 2003 (Central Act No.36 of 2003) (b) “Government” means Government of Telangana.
(c) “Board” means the Telangana Electrical Licensing Board constituted under Regulation 3;
(d) “Chairperson” means the Chairperson of the Board;
(e) “Secretary” means the Secretary of the Board;
(f) “Member” means the Member of the Board;
(g) “Form” means a form annexed to these regulations;
(h) “Supervisor” means an Electrical Supervisor who obtains a Competency Certificate and Permit under these regulations;
(i) “Wireman” means an Electrical Wireman who obtains a Competency Certificate and Permit under these regulations;
(j) “Contractor” means the Electrical Contractor Licensed under these Regulations.
(k) “License” means the Electrical Contractors License granted under these Regulations.
(l) “Permit” means the Permits granted under these Regulations for Electrical Supervisor/ Electrical Wiremen.
(2) All other words and expressions used herein and not defined shall have the same meaning as are assigned to them in the Act or the Central Electricity Authority (Measures relating to safety and electric supply) Regulations, 2010 made thereunder.
3. Constitution and Composition of Licensing Board:-
(1) For carrying out the purposes of these Regulations, the Government may, by Notification, constitute an Electrical Licensing Board.
(i) The Board shall consist of;
(a) The Chief Electrical Inspector to Government; (b) The Electrical Inspector, Hyderabad.
(c) One representative of the Telangana State Transmission Corporation not Lower than the rank of Superintending Engineer (Electrical); (d) The Dy. Chief Electrical Inspector to Govt., Hyderabad (Rural).
(e) The Electrical Inspector, Nizamabad.
(f) Two members representing Electrical Contractors Association, out of which one on behalf of ‘A’ Grade Contractors and one on behalf of ‘B’ Grade Contractors;
(g) One representative of Electrical Users;
(h) Representative of the State Board of Technical Education & Training, not lower than the Rank of Joint Director;
(i) Representative of Director General of Mines safety, not lower than the Rank of Deputy Director, Mines Safety (Electrical);
(j) The Superintending Engineer, Electrical (General) R & B.
(ii) Sub Committee means;
The sub-committee appointed by the Board under regulations-6 to interview/recommend to issue Competency Certificates and Permits to the exempted candidates.
(a) Up to 650 V
(b) Up to 11 KV (c) Up to 33 KV
(d) Up to 132 KV
(e) Exceeding 132 KV
(f) Mines restricted and unrestricted
(g) Lifts Installation/Operation and also for any other purpose as intended by the board.
(3) The Chief Electrical Inspector to Government shall be Ex-Officio Chairperson of the Board and the Electrical Inspector, Hyderabad shall be the Ex-Officio Secretary. The members representing Electrical Contractors Association and Electrical users shall be nominated by the Government. The Terms of nonofficial members of the Board shall be two years or such shorter period as the State Government may direct from time to time. A Non-official member whose term of office is over shall be eligible for re-nomination by the nominating authority if they deem fit to-do-so. A non-official member can be continued for maximum two consecutive terms.
4. Filling up of vacancies and power to function:-
(a) If the non-official member of the Board referred in Regulation 3 above, is absent for two consecutive meetings he shall cease to be a member of the Board and in his place another member may be appointed for the unexpired portion of his term of office.
(b) The Board shall have power to act notwithstanding any vacancy either temporary or otherwise, on its membership.
5. Functions of the Board:-
The functions of the Board shall be;
(a) to grant licenses to Electrical Contractors;
(b) to grant exemption to a candidate from taking the prescribed examination when it is satisfied that his qualification/experience entitles him to such exemption or when he satisfies the examining board which the Board may appoint for the purpose;
(c) to grant certificates and permits to Supervisors and Wiremen;
(d) to deal with applications in respect of any other matter arising under these regulations.
(e) to deal with testimonials found to be incorrect and to take such action as may be decided on;
(f) to consider allegations against Supervisors, Wiremen or Contractors holding a permit, certificates of license granted by the Board, of incompetence, negligence, breach of the Electricity Act, 2003 & Regulations made thereunder and Telangana State Electrical Licensing Regulations, 2018 or malpractice or breach of a condition of a license and to decide and to take such action as may be considered necessary; including the impose of penalty of up to Rs. 10,000/- (Rupees ten thousand only) and to cancel the license or permit holder for repeated breach or violation of said Regulations by any Licensed Electrical Contractor or Permit holder as the case may be.
(g) to delegate any of its functions or powers to the Chairperson and/or the Secretary from time to time and on such conditions as it may impose;
(h) any other functions to carry out the purpose and objects of these regulations.
Note: Any decision given by the Board in the executions of its functions shall be final.
The Board shall have power to appoint Sub-Committees and delegate such of its powers to these Sub-Committees as the Board considers fit.
7. Meetings of the Board:-
The Board shall in general meet once in every six months. The Board shall also meet for transacting any special business which cannot be disposed off by circulation of papers or at the instance of Chairperson of the board. Reasonable prior notice of every such meeting shall be given to all members by the Secretary.
The quorum for a meeting of the Board shall be Six Members (including the Chairperson and the Secretary).
9. Chairperson of the Meeting:-
The Chairperson or in his/her absence, such one of the members present as may be elected by the members present at the meeting shall be the Chairperson of the Meeting.
10. Duties of the Chairperson:-
The Chairperson shall discharge the following duties;
(a) Normally to preside over all the meetings of the board, unless prevented by a reasonable cause; and
(b) To exercise such powers and to carry out such functions as may be delegated to him/her by the Board from time to time.
11. Duties of the Secretary:-
(1) The Secretary shall discharge the following duties:-
(a) To scrutinize all applications for Electrical Contractors Licenses and to take necessary action thereon;
(b) to scrutinize applications for exemption from the examinations for Supervisors and Wiremen and take necessary action thereon.
(c) to sign Electrical Contractors Licenses, Certificates and Permits of Supervisors and Wiremen,
(d) to issue duplicate licenses/certificates of competency and permits to Electrical Contractors, Supervisors and Wiremen.
(e) to maintain a register/record of all licenses, certificates and duplicate certificates and Permits issued to the Contractors, Supervisors and Wiremen.
(f) to issue letters of authority to Electrical Contractors, Supervisors, Wiremen, pending issue of licenses, certificates and permits.
(g) to issue necessary instructions to Electrical Contractors, Supervisors and Wiremen for the proper compliance of the regulations and carry on correspondence connected therewith;
(h) to notify to all suppliers and other interests concerned and all Electrical Contractors Associations of all licenses issued, cancelled or suspended.
(i) to investigate and examine any malpractice or breach of regulations by Electrical Contractors, Supervisors, Wiremen and suspend their licenses and Permits if necessary pending further disposal of cases by the Board.
(j) to act in accordance with the powers delegated to him by the Board.
(2) “Deputy Chief Electrical Inspectors to Government and Electrical Inspectors shall countersign renewal of Licenses to Electrical Contractors and Permits to Supervisor/ Wiremen in their respective jurisdiction and carry on correspondence in connection therewith”.
12. Travelling Allowances to Members of the Board:-
(1) The official members shall draw travelling and daily allowances according to the rules of applicable to them and from the source from which they draw their pay;
(2) The non-official members nominated from outside the Head Quarters will draw traveling allowances of one 2nd A/c class Railway fare and daily allowance of 300/- (Rupees three hundred only) for journeys performed and halts made in connection with the attending of the Board Meetings. Local non-official members shall be entitled to draw a consolidated amount of Rs. 150/- (Rupees one hundred and fifty only) on each day of the Board Meeting.
NOTE: The expenditure on account of Travelling Allowance and Dearness Allowance will be met from the “Detailed Account No.2045 – Other Taxes and Duties on commodities and Services M.H. 103 Collection Charges – Electricity Duty S.H. (01) Head Quarters Office, 113 – T.A and D.A. for Non – Official members”.
CHAPTER – II (EXAMINATIONS)
(1) The examinations shall be conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training on behalf of the Chief Electrical Inspector to Government, the results tabulated and forwarded to Chief Electrical Inspector to Government, who shall announce the results and issue the Competency Certificates and Permits.
Provided that failed candidates may obtain the memorandum of marks from
Chief Electrical Inspector to Government, on payment of prescribed fee. Request for either re-valuation or re-counting of marks shall not be entertained.
(2) (a) Examinations shall be held as many times and at such place or places as decided in consultation with Chief Electrical Inspector to Government, and on such dates as may be notified from time to time.
(b) The examinations shall be held for grant of (i) Supervisors (Certificate of Competency) and (ii) Wiremen’s (Certificate of Competency).
14. Mode of Examination:-
(1) Examinations for Supervisors Certificate of Competency comprise the following:
(a) Written papers
(b) Practical and oral on the subjects specified in the prescribed syllabus.
(i) Provided that no certificate shall be issued unless a candidate passes each of Papers-I and II or Paper-I and Paper-III, candidates who have passed in Paper-I and Paper-II or in I and III and desire to qualify for mines installation or domestic industrial and other installation as the case may be shall be exempted from re-appearing in Paper-I.
(ii) In addition candidates intending to appear for Supervisors Examinations shall be capable of answering either in English or in Telugu or in Urdu.
(2) Examinations for Wiremen Certificates of Competency comprise the following:-
(ii) Oral on the subjects specified the prescribed syllabus.
15. Qualifications for Admission for the Supervisors Certificate of Competency Examination:-
(1) Except as provided in the regulations the certificate of competency shall be granted to the candidates on passing the examination:
The candidate for admission to appear for the Supervisor (Certificate of Competency) Examination should possess either of the following;
(a) A pass in the 10th class or its equivalent, with not less than 8 years of experience in the practice of Electrical Installation works; or a Wireman or Electrician of ITI certificate holder, with not less than 4 years experience in the practice of electrical installation works.
(b) A pass in the 10th class or its equivalent, with not less than 8 years of experience in the practice of Electrical Installation works in mines or Wireman or Electrician of ITI Certificate Holder with 4 years experience in the practice of Electrical Installation works in the mines.
Provided that the candidate possesses two years experience in underground Mines out of 4 years, the certificate of competency awarded shall be Supervisor mines (unrestricted).
Provided further that the candidate possesses 4 years experience exclusively in open cast mines the certificate of competency awarded shall be supervisor Mines (restricted).
Note: The experience in all the above cases shall be certified by a firm or licensed Electrical Contractor and countersigned by an Electrical Engineer in Telangana State Transco/ Genco/ Discoms or Electrical Inspectorate not below the rank of Assistant Divisional Engineer, Deputy Electrical Inspector respectively.
(3) The minimum age limit for appearing for examination shall be 23 years as on 1st January or 1st July of the year for the examinations to be held in the 1st and 2nd half of the year respectively and maximum age limit is 60 years.
16. Qualifications for admission to Wiremen Certificate of Competency Examination:
(1) The candidates for admission to the Wiremen Certificate of Competency Certificate Examination shall be a person with four years experience, shall be certified by a Firm or a Licensed Electrical Contractor and countersigned by an Electrical Engineer in Telangana State Transco/ Genco/ Discoms or Electrical Inspectorate not below the rank of Assistant Divisional Engineer, Deputy Electrical Inspector respectively.
(2) He/her shall have completed the age of 21 years on the 1st January or 1st July of the year for the examinations to be held in the 1st and 2nd half of the year respectively and maximum age limit is 60 years.
Fees for the examination for Supervisors and Wiremen shall be as prescribed by the State Board of Technical Education and Training.
18. Application for appearing the examination:-
Every candidate seeking admission to the Wireman/ Supervisor Examination shall make an Application in the form prescribed and shall forward the application duly filled in to the Secretary State Board of Technical Education and Training, so as to reach him/her within the date, Notified for the receipt of such application together with testimonials (original And Xerox copies) as for the
2. Aadhar Card,
4. Practical Experience,
5. An original challan in support of payment of prescribed fee
6. Character and conduct certificate
7. Four latest photos (Size being about 65 MM x 50 MM)
19. Defective Application:-
The applications which are in the opinion of the Secretary State Board of Technical Education and Training, defective or incomplete are liable to be summarily rejected.
20. Returning of the Testimonials:-
The original testimonial shall be returned to the applicants by the Director of Technical Education after publication of the results of the examinations.
21. Marks for pass in examinations for certificate of competency for
For a pass in the examinations for certificate of Competency for Supervisors, a candidate must secure
a) 20/50 marks in each written paper, and
b) 50/100 marks in practical including orals.
22. Marks for pass in examination for Wiremen:- (Certificate of Competency)
For a pass in the examination for Wireman, the candidate must secure, at least 40 marks out of 80 marks in practical and 10 marks out of 20 marks in oral test.
23. Syllabus for Supervisors (Certificate of Competency) Examination:-
Syllabus for Supervisors (Certificate of Competency) Examination consist Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III shall be in accordance with the common syllabus prescribed by the State Board of Technical Education and Training in consultation with Chief Electrical Inspector to Government taking into account of latest tendencies in Technology and the nature of the work to be carried out by the candidate.
24. Syllabus for Wiremen (Certificate of Competency) Examination:-
Syllabus for Wiremen (Certificate of Competency) Examination shall be in accordance with the syllabus prescribed by the State Board of Technical Education and Training in consultation with Chief Electrical Inspector to Government taking into account of latest tendencies in Technology and the nature of the work to be carried out by the candidate.
CHAPTER – III
25. Grant of Certificate of Competency and Permit to Supervisors:-
(i) Every candidate who passed the examination for Supervisors conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training or who is exempted from appearing for such examination shall be granted a certificate of Competency in Form-‘B’ or ‘C’ as the case may be and a Permit in Form-‘D’.
(ii) Candidate (I.T.I/S.S.C) who passed the Supervisor Competency Certificate Examination shall initially be granted Supervisor Permits in Form-‘D’ for Voltage not exceeding 650V. After getting one year of experience from the date of issue of 650V, he may be admitted for the interview for upgrading the voltage level from 650 volts to 11KV. And after obtaining 11KV permit and getting 3 years of experience he may be admitted for the interview for upgrading voltage level of up to 33KV. However the permits may be upgraded up to the maximum voltage level of not exceeding 33KV.
26. Exemption from appearing Supervisors Certificate of Competency Examination
(1) Every holder of Degree of Diploma in Electrical Engineering from recognized University or Institution with a minimum experience as shown in the table in the practice of Electrical Engineering shall be exempted from the examination. But provided that such certificates when granted to the employees of any departments of Government of Telangana or Power distribution companies, Transmission companies, Generating companies or any Corporation or any Electrical undertakings or local body licensed under Electricity Act, 2003 shall be valid only for supervising works carried out by the concerned departments.
|Voltage Level||Degree Holder||Diploma Holder|
|Up to 11 KV||1 Year||2 Years|
|Up to 33 KV||2 Years||3 Years|
|Up to 132 KV||3 Years||4 Years|
|Exceeding 132 KV||5 Years||8 Years|
Energy Department – Telangana State Electrical Licensing Regulations, 2018
(2) Holders of Degree or Diploma in Electrical or Mining Engineering from any recognized University or Institution with a minimum experience of 1 year and 2 years respectively in the practice of Electrical Installation Works in mines are exempted from the examination.
Provided that the candidate’s posses experience in underground mines, the certificate of competency awarded shall be supervisor mines (Unrestricted). Provided further that the candidate possesses experience exclusively in open cast mines, the certificate of competency awarded shall be supervisor mines (restricted)
(3) The minimum age limit for exemption is 22 years and maximum age limit is 60 years.
27. Reciprocal arrangements:-
(1) The Supervisors Certificates and Permits issued by other states will be Recognized where reciprocal arrangements are made between the Government of Telangana and those States. The following endorsement shall be made on the certificate/permits.
(a) “Recognized by the Government of Telangana under Telangana State Electrical Licensing Regulations, 2018”.
(2) A recognition fee will be initially charged for according such recognition and such recognition shall be renewable on payment of prescribed fee.
(3) Holder of a Supervisor’s Certificates so recognized shall be subject to these Regulations.
28. Grant of Certificates of Competency and Permit to Wiremen:-
Every candidate who passed the examination for Wiremen conducted by the State Board of Technical Education and Training prescribed under these rules or who is exempted from appearing for such examination shall be granted a Competency Certificate in Form ‘E’ or ‘F’ as the case may be and the permit in Form ‘G’.
29. Exemption from appearing for Wiremen Certificate of Competency Examination:-
a) Candidates who have passed an examination of a recognized institution in Wiremen/Electrician trade or its equivalent examination with a minimum Experience of one year in the trade will be exempted from appearing for Wiremen Examination.
Provided that such certificate when grated to the employees of any Department of Government or Telangana State Distribution companies, Transmission companies, Generating companies or any Corporation or any Electrical undertakings shall be valid only for the works carried out by Concerned department.
b) The age limit for exemption is 18 years and maximum age limit is 60 years.
30. Possession of Permits:-
Permits issued in Form ‘D’ and ‘G’ as the case may be shall be carried on by the person of the holder when he is at work and shall be available for scrutiny on the spot by the Chairperson or the Secretary or by the Officers assisting the Chairperson except when they are sent for renewal.
31. Renewal of Permits:-
a) “The permits granted under these Regulations shall be valid for a period of five (5) years and renewed for further period of five years at a time on payment of the prescribed fee for each category. The application for the renewal together with the permit and the challan in support of payment of prescribed fee in complete shape shall be received within 90 days before the date of expiry of the permit.
b) The applications for renewal shall also be accepted upto 90 days after the date of expiry on payment of prescribed late fee. But if the applications are received for renewal after this grace period of 90 days, the permits are to be treated as lapsed and fresh permits are to be issued for a further period of 5 years on payment of prescribed penalty.
c) “However the Supervisor/Wiremen Permits may be renewed to the candidates beyond the age of 70 years as per the discretion of the Renewal Authority, provided that the permit holder produces a certificate a certificate of physical fitness issued by a medical officer not below the rank of Assistant Civil Surgeon and shall be physically present at the renewal authority where applied for renewal. Supervisor/Wiremen Permit shall not be renewed after attaining the 80 years.
(2) Supervisor/Wiremen Permit shall be granted/ renewed to the candidate on producing the certificate obtained from any appropriate institute of the Government/Institute recognized by the Government for having undergone in the prescribed training in “Power Medicine” and “First Aid” or a similar course”.
32. Grant of Duplicate Certificate or Permits:-
When a Competency Certificate or Permit granted/renewed under these Regulations is either lost or destroyed or damaged, a duplicate Competency Certificate or Permit shall be issued on payment of prescribed fee:
i) In case of lost of permit or Competency Certificate, certificate issued by the concerned police authority stating that the lost Competency Certificate or permit is not traceable; or
ii) In case of damage or destruction of certificate or Competency Certificate, the damaged permit or Competency Certificate shall be produced.
CHAPTER – IV
LICENCES TO ELECTRICAL CONTRACTORS
33. Grant of Electrical Contractor’s Licence:-
a) Classification of Electrical Contractors:-
There shall be two grades of Licensed Contractors, namely Grade ‘A’ and Grade
b) Application for Electrical Contractor’s Licence;-
Application for ‘A’ and ‘B’ Grade electrical Contractors shall be made in the Form ‘J’ to the Secretary.
c) Grant of Licence:-
An Electrical Contractor’s Licence in Grade ‘A’ and ‘B’ shall be granted in Form ‘HA’ and ‘HB’ respectively to a person or firm limited company / private limited company affixing photographs on the right hand side of the ‘HA’ and ‘HB’ forms every such license granted shall be valid for a period of two years subject to the validity of supervisor permit and wireman permits respectively on the date of submission of application.
(d) Correspondence by an Electrical Contractors:-
All correspondence with the Secretary shall be made under the signature of the Licensee or the person authorized by the licensee whose specimen signatures are lodged with Secretary.
34. Nature of work for Grade ‘A’ Contractors:-
Grade ‘A’ Contractors shall be eligible to take up extra high voltage, high voltage, medium voltage and low voltage Electrical Installation works depending Upon the strength of the Supervisor Permits.
35. Conditions for grant of Grade ‘A’ Electrical Contractors Licence:-
A Licence in Grade ‘A’ shall be granted only to a person or a firm or private Limited company/Limited company approved by the Board who shall comply with the following namely:-
(a) the applicant shall employ the following staff –
i) One Supervisor holding a certificate of Competency and an appropriate permit obtained from the Board; with a minimum validity of four months.
Provided that if the applicant is himself a Supervisor’s Competency and Appropriate permit holder, it shall not be necessary for him to employ another Person holding a Supervisor Competency Certificate and Permit granted by the Board; (or)
In the case of partnership firm one of the partners thereof shall hold a certificate of competency and appropriate permit granted by the Board or shall have in his employee a supervisor holding a certificate of competency and appropriate permit.
ii) Two wiremen holding a certificate of competency and permit granted by the Board.
One Wiremen and one Supervisor (up to 650V), holding a certificate of competency and permit granted by the Board.
Self Wiremen permit of the applicant, who has applied for Grade ‘A’ Electrical Contractor License, shall not be considered.
(b) The applicant shall furnish to the Secretary of the Board the names, competency certificate numbers and permit numbers of the supervisor and wiremen employed by him, and also submit original permit books for verification and endorsement.
(c) Local address proof and I.D. of the applicant (Aadhar Card).
(d) The applicant shall possess the following instruments along with latest test certificates namely:
i) One No. earth resistance, tester megger.
ii) (a) One number 1000V and 1 No.500V insulation testing meggers In case of licence upto 11KV.
(b) 2.5KV, 1000V and 500V insulation testing meggers in case of license up to 33KV.
(c) 5KV, 1000V and 500V insulation testing meggers in case of
license up to 132 KV and 132 KV and above the instruments should have a range of 0-500 Mega Ohms above except in case of 500V meggers.
iii) Tong Tester/Multi meter (having volts, Ampere and ohms).
iv) One No. live line tester
v) Standard Wireguage
vi) First Aid Box
(e) A Contractor’s License shall not be granted to any holder of certificate of Competency whilst he is in the employee of a Licensed Electrical Contractor or Anywhere else.
(f) All contractors holding/applying for ‘A’ Grade Electrical Contractor’s Licence shall invariable/have an office in the State of Telangana and all correspondence shall be made to that office only”.
(g) Applicant / Authorized person and Supervisor shall be physically present in the office for grant or renewal of Electrical Contractors’ License in photo along with specimen signature for verification.
(h) All registers as per Labor Act, Work orders, particulars of employees, instruments etc shall be made available to Secretary, Licensing Board from time to time.
(i) The instruments shall be produced before the Secretary, Licensing Board, if necessary.
(j) Minimum age is 21 years.
36. Nature of work for Grade ‘B’ Electrical Contractors:-
Grade ‘B’ Electrical Contractors shall be eligible to take up the following electrical Installation works namely;
(i) Low and medium voltage electrical installations with a connected load not exceeding.
(a) 50HP/37.5KW with wireman permit holders without I.T.I. Qualifications, and
(b) 75HP/56KW with Wireman Permit Holder with I.T.I. Qualification.
(ii) All low and medium voltage electrical installations without any limitations in the connected load provided the contractor employees a supervisor holding appropriate certificate of competency and permit granted by the Board for direct supervision of the works undertaken by him.
37. Conditions for the grant of Grade ‘B’ Electrical Contractors Licence:-
A Electrical Contractors licence in Grade ‘B’ shall be granted only to a person or a firm or Limited Company/Private Limited Company approved by the Board who shall comply with the following requirement namely:-
(a) The applicant shall employ one wireman holding a certificate of competency and permit granted by the board.
Provided that if the applicant is himself a wiremen/supervisor (11KV or 650V) holding a Certificate of competency and permit granted by the board, it shall not be necessary for him to employ another person holding a Wireman/Supervisor (11KV or 650V) competency certificate and permit. The applicant shall furnish to the Secretary of the Board, Competency Certificate Number and Permit Nos. of the Wiremen/Supervisor (11KV or 650V) employed by him and also submit original permit Books for verification and endorsement.
(b) (i) The applicant shall possess the following instruments, namely:-
(A) One No. Live Line tester
(B) Standard Wireguage
(C) 500V Insulation Testing Megger
(D) Tong Tester (having volts, Ampere and ohms)
(ii) A Contractor Licence shall not be granted to any holder of Competency Certificate whilst he is in the employ of a Licensed Electrical Contractor or Anywhere else.
(c) Minimum age is 21 years.
(d) The instruments shall be produced before the Secretary, Telangana Electrical Licensing Board if necessary.
(e) Local Address Proof (Aadhar Card) and Photo I.D.
38. Suspension and cancellation of Contractor’s License:-
(1) When the person on the strength of whose competency certificate and permit an Electrical Contractor’s License has been granted, leaves the service of the contractor or where he himself being the contractor accept employment elsewhere, such a contractor’s license shall be deemed to have been suspended forthwith. The license shall stand cancelled, if another person holding the certificate of competency and permit is not employed by the contractor within one month from the date of such suspension.
“or the license shall also deemed to have been suspended forthwith in case supervisor/wireman permits lapses after the grant/renewal of Electrical contractor licence. The licence shall stand cancelled if supervisor/wireman permits are not renewed within the one month from the date of such suspension.
(2) A Contractor’s Licence issued to a partnership firm shall stand cancelled immediately if there is any change in the partnership.
39. CONTRACTOR LICENCE NOT TRANSFERABLE:-
A Contractor’s Licence is not transferable, provided that in case of demise of a Proprietor or a partner, his legal successor shall be entitled to get the Contractor’s Licence altered on production of death certificate and a succession certificate along with no objection declared by the family members within six months and on payment of the fee prescribed. However the fact of the demise shall be intimated to the Secretary within the period of one month.
40. ALTERATION IN THE NAME OF THE CONTRACTOR’S LICENCE:-
A change in the ‘name and style’ of the Electrical Contractor’s License may be made on Receipt of an applicant and on payment of the fee prescribed and on production of documents in support of change of name and style of Electrical Contractors License.
41. REGISTRATION AND INSPECTION OF INSTRUMENTS:-
The testing instruments mentioned in rules shall be maintained in good working condition during the period of license and produced whenever demanded during the period of license by the Secretary for testing and checking.
42. STAFF OF CONTRACTOR:
(a) The wiring staff of every contractor shall consist of full time employees holding certificates and permits issued by the Board. Provided that a contractor may engage not exceeding 2 apprentices in the appropriate cadre for every permit holder employed for training purpose.
(b) Every contractor shall maintain a register of Supervisors, Wiremen and apprentices employed by him in Form-I which shall be open for inspection by the Secretary or his representatives. No of person, whose name is not entered in such register, shall be considered to be on the Contractor’s staff.
43. NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OR TERMINATION OF SERVICE OF PERSONNEL ON THE STAFF OF THE CONTRACTOR:
(1) Whenever a Supervisor/Wiremen or an apprentice is appointed by a Contractor, the Contractor shall make a report to the Secretary giving the Permit number of the appointee and the date of appointment also with a declaration from every such appointed person of his having joined the said Contractor’s service specifying the date of joining.
(2) If the holder of a Competency Certificate in the employment of a Licensed Contractor, leaves the services or if his service is otherwise terminated, due intimation of such termination shall be given to the Secretary both by him and by the Contractor immediately.
(3) The Contractor shall also give prompt intimation to the Secretary about the termination of the permit holders who do not get their permits renewed at once.
44. MODE OF CONTACT:
Every contract for electrical installation work shall be in writing and signed by both the contracting parties. The Contractor shall produce the same before the Secretary or his/her representative whenever he/she is required to do so.
45. QUALITY OF WORK:
All electrical installation works carried out by a Licensed Electrical Contractor shall conform to the various provisions of the Electricity Act, 2003 and Central Electricity Authority Regulations, 2010 made thereunder and any specifications or instructions issued by the Secretary from time to time. The Contractor and Supervisor/Wiremen shall be held responsible as the case may be, for the quality of work and the materials used therein.
46. WORK REPORTS:
(1) The Contractor shall submit the following report in respect of each work undertaken by him to the Secretary and to any concerned officers he may direct –
(a) Work commencement report in the Form ‘W.R.I’ immediately before Commencement of work.
(b) Work completion-cum-test report in the Form W.R.II; duly filled in by the Supervisor/Wireman as the case may be in his own hand and signed by the Supervisor/Wireman as the case may be and the Contractor.
(2) The Contractor shall keep copies of the commencement reports and completion-cum-test reports and make them available to the Secretary or his representatives.
47. Renewal of Contractor’s Licence:-
(1) Every Electrical Contractor’s Licence granted under these Regulations Shall be renewed for the period of three years and if validity of the Supervisor and Wiremen permits is less than three years, the period shall be limited to the validity of the Supervisor and Wiremen permits. The applications for renewal shall be submitted within 90 days before the date of expiry of license in Form-N along with the following:-
(a) Original license
(b) Individual declarations from all employees of their continuance in the service of the contractor as full time employee and counter signed by the contractor.
(c) A challan in support of payment of prescribed fee.
(d) Register of employee, and
(e) The applicant shall possess the instruments along with the latest certificates namely.
For Renewal of Grade ‘A’ License:
(i) One No. of earth resistance, tester megger
(ii) One number 1000V and 1 No.500V insulation testing meggers in case of license upto 11KV and 2.5KV, 1000V and 500V insulation testing meggers in case of license upto 33KV and 5KV, 1000V and 500V insulation testing meggers in case of license upto 132KV and 132 KV and above the instruments should have a range of 0-500 Mega Ohms above except in case of 500V meggers.
(iii) Tong tester/ Multi meter (having volts, ampere and ohms) (iv) One No. Live line tester (v) Standard wireguage.
For Renewal of Grade ‘B’ License:
(i) One No. Live line tester.
(ii) Standard wireguage
(iii) 500V insulation Testing megger
(iv) Tong Tester (having volts, Ampere and Ohms)
Provided that if the applications for renewal of License as aforesaid are received within the grace period of 90 days after the date of expiry of the license may be renewed on Payment of late fee as prescribed;
(2) If the application for renewal in complete shape as prescribed above is not received within the grace period of 90 days, the electrical contractor’s licence shall stand cancelled and a fresh licence has to be obtained.
(3) Local address proof (Aadhar Card) and Photo I.D.
48. GRANT OF DUPLICATE ELECTRICAL CONTRACTOR’S LICENCE:-
In case of loss or damaged or distraction of an Electrical Contractor’s Licence granted under these Regulations, a duplicate licence may be granted to the holder on payment of the fee prescribed
(i) and on certification by the applicant of the loss of the original licence and a certificate to the effect that the licence is lost and not traceable from the concerned police authorities in case of the loss of License (OR)
(ii) and on certification by the applicant of the damaged or destruction of the original License and on production of original damaged or destruction License.
49. SUPPLY TO INSTALLATIONS:-
No supplier shall connect to the supply any installation or any additions or alteration to any existing installation unless a Licensed Electrical Contractor’s completion-cum-test report, in Form ‘W.R-II’ is produced.
Provided that where the Secretary is satisfied that a contractor has unreasonably with held the issue of the completion-cum-test report, he may authorize the supplier to give supply on such conditions as he may prescribe.
50. REGISTER OF CONTRACTORS, SUPERVISORS AND WIREMEN:-
The Secretary shall maintain the following registers:
(a) a register of issue and renewal of all Electrical Contractors Licenses,
(b) a register of Contractor’s employees,
(c) a register of issue of certificate of competency and grant and renewal of Supervisor’s Permits,
(d) a register of issue of Wiremen’s Competency Certificates and grant and renewal of Wiremen’s Permits and
(e) a register of Competency Certificates/Permits Holders of other States recognized by the Government.
51. ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANIES OR DEPARTMENTS CARRYING OUT ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION WORK ON CONSUMER PREMISES:
No supplier shall carryout any work as an Electrical Contractor on a Consumer’s premises beyond the point of commencement of supply unless Such supplier has obtained an Electrical Contractor’s Licence and has also Engaged a separate staff for that purpose.
52. CANCELLATION OF CONTRACTOR’S LICENCES GRANTED TO SUPPLY COMPANIES OR DEPARTMENTS:
An Electrical Contractor’s Licence granted to supplier shall be liable to be with drawn by the Board if it is found that preferential treatment is being given to consumers or prospective consumers with a view to gain an unfair advantage in completion with other Electrical Contractors.
53. COMPLAINTS OF NEGLIGENCE:-
Where, in the opinion of the supplier or a person on whose premises any Electrical Installation work has been carried out, any such work is not in accordance with these Regulations, the matter shall be reported to the Secretary for such action as may be necessary.
54. MALPRACTICE OR INFREINGEMENT OF RULES:-
If any permit holder or holders of an Electrical Contractor’s License is found guilty of negligence or incompetence or malpractice or infringement of these regulations, the Secretary shall make a report to the Board and may in his discretion suspend the permit or the Contractor’s Licence of such holder pending decision of the Board. The decision of the Board on such reports shall be final and communicated to the party.
54(A) If any Permit Holder or holders of an Electrical Contractors Licence defy the directions of the Board and is not surrendering the Permit & Licence, shall be debarred from getting permit or licence for 3 years or 2 years respectively and shall be eligible to apply only after expiry of debarred period duly following the rules”.
The Following Fee shall be Levied Under these Regulations for:
I. Fee for exemption from appearing examinations for Supervisor/Wiremen
(a) Supervisors Exemption — Rs.1,000/-
(b) Wiremen Exemption — Rs. 500/-
II. Fee for grant of certificate of Competency and Permit.
(a) Supervisor — Rs.1,000/-
(b) Wiremen — Rs. 500/-
III. Fee for renewal of Permits:
(a) Supervisor — Rs.1,000/- (b) Wiremen — Rs. 500/-
IV. Fee for issue of Duplicate Certificates of Competency or Permits
(a) Supervisors — Rs.2,000/- (b) Wiremen — Rs.1,000/-
- Fee for Electrical Contractors Licenses:-
|Up to 11KV||Up to 33KV||Up to
|Exceeding 132 KV|
|(c)||Issue of Duplicate licence||Rs.2500||Rs.2500||Rs.2500||Rs.2500||Rs. 500|
|(d)||Change of name||Rs. 2,000/-||Rs. 500/-|
|(e)||Transfer of Licncence to Successor||Rs. 2,500/-||Rs. 500/-|
|(f)||Late fee for renewal of licence during the grace
|Rs. 1,000/-||Rs. 500/-|
|(g)||Change in voltage/load levels||Rs. 1,000/- + Difference in the fee between voltage level of up gradation||Rs. 500/-|
|(h)||Change of address||Rs.2000||Rs.500|
Fee for recognition of Competency Certificate and Permit for Supervisors issued by other states. Rs.1,000/-
- (i) Late fee for renewal of permits when the applications are received in complete shape during the grace period of 90 days in addition to the normal fee.
- Supervisor 500/-
- Wiremen 250/-
(ii) Fee for issue of fresh permits when the applications are received in complete shape, after the grace period of 90 days in addition to the normal fee.
- Supervisor 500/- per year or part thereof
- Wiremen 250/- per year or part thereof
- Fee for issue of memorandum of marks to Supervisor/Wiremen Rs.100/-
Fee for continuing of the same License Number for the lapsed Licenses will break in period.
Grade ‘A’ Grade ‘B’
Rs.2000/- Rs.500/- X. Postal Stamps & Covers:-
For sending the Licenses (Fresh or Renewal) Permits and Competency Certificates granted by the Board, the following envelops and postage Stamps have to be enclosed along with the applications as noted against each:
Licenses (Fresh) Two self addressed envelopes, duly affixing postal stamps, as per the prevailing rates as on the date of application and as prescribed by the Board from time to time
Licenses (Renewal) One self addressed envelopes duly affixing postal stamps as per the existing rates as on the date of application and as prescribed by the Board from time to time.
(c) Permits and Competency : Two self addressed envelopes duly affixing
(d) Supervisor Permits Examination/Lapsed)/ written Examination (Exemption/lapsed) and ompetency Certificates
|postal stamps as per the Existing rates as on the date of application and as prescribed by the Board from time to time.
: One self addressed envelope, duly affixing postal stamps as per the existing rates as on the date of application and as prescribed by the Board from time to time.
REPEAL AND SAVINGS:-
Save as otherwise provided in these Regulations, the A.P. Electrical Licensing Regulations, 1987 as adapted for Telangana are hereby repealed.
Provided that such repeal shall not affect-
The previous operation of the said regulations, or anything duly done or suffered thereunder;
Any right, privilege, obligation or liability, acquired or incurred under the said regulations;
Any penalty, forfeiture or punishment incurred in respect of any offence committed against the said Regulations;
Any investigation, legal proceedings (including assessment proceedings) or remedy in respect of any such right, privilege, obligation, liability, forfeiture or punishment as a foresaid and any such investigation, legal proceeding or remedy may be instituted, continued or enforced and any such penalty, forfeiture or punishment may be imposed as if this Regulation had not been passed.
Notwithstanding such repeal-
Anything done or any action taken or purported to have been done or taken including any notification order or notice made or issued or any direction given under the repealed laws, shall so far as it is not inconsistent with the corresponding provisions of this Regulations;
The Indian Electricity Rules, 1956 made under section, 37 of the Indian Electricity Act, 1910 (9 of 1910) as it stood before such repeal shall continue to be in force till the regulations are made;
All directives issued, before the commencement of this Regulations, by a State Government shall continue to apply for the period for which such directions were issued by the State Government.