Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (“DIPP”), Government of India through its “Ease of Doing Business – Reform Action Plan 2017” has communicated the following initiatives to be taken up by for simplifying the process of Road Cutting/Right of Way permission to be accorded by the Department concerned.
Design and develop an online system for granting road cutting permissions in a manner that it allows online application submission, payment, document submission and approvals.
Define clear timelines mandated through the Public Service Delivery Guarantee Act (or equivalent) legislation for approval of complete application for granting Right of Way permission
In this regard, online system has to be developed which allows the following:
Online submission of Road Cutting Permission / Right of Way application
Online submission of documents and verification without the need for a physical touch point
Online payment of Road Cutting / Right of Way fees (through ICICI Payment Gateway)
Allows the users to download the final signed approval certificate from the online portal
In the circumstances reported by the Engineer-n-Chief, Panchayat Raj, Government after careful examination of the matter hereby order the following
The online system will be operational for Industry/Public use from 1st November, 2017 and shall not to accept any application and documents related to Road Cutting Permission / Right of Way in physical form after 1st November, 2017. Applications and documents submitted online will only be accepted.
The applicant should submit the application form along with all the necessary documents stated in the checklist and pay the fees online itself for getting the approval.
Detailed Procedures, Checklist, Fees and Timelines shall be uploaded on the Department Portal “”https://ts-road cutting .cgg .gov.in” as described below.
Procedure for Road Cutting Permission / Right of Way:
System will send SMS to respective applicant at each verification process and on the updated status. The applicant shall be informed about the actions recommended and start date will be after all the clarifications have been received.
- Checklist for Online Application:
- Covering Letter Requesting the Road Cutting / Right of Way Permission.
- Route/Road Map with Clear Road Dimension Details, Planned Activities, Location/Address.
- Road Cutting Fees
|S.No||Type of Road||Charges|
|5||Beyond Toe of embankment for Rural areas||Rs.156/Rmt|
|6||Beyond Toe of embankment for Urban areas||Rs.195/Rmt|
The above fees are exclusive of GST and Centage charges. GST as applicable from time to time and Centage charges @ 16.5% on Road cutting charges + centage charges will be added extra on the amount of Road cutting charges. The restoration works will be carried out entirely by the department concerned.
The amount received towards Road Cutting Charges/Right of Way permission fee shall be credited to the Government account online through ICICI payment Gateway.
- Online Application Submission by the Applicant.
- Application Scrutiny, Physical Verification by the Executive Engineer, Panchayat Raj and Final Approval Within 6 days after receiving the Application.
- Payment of Fees by Applicant after Clearance. iv. Final Permission Letter Issued – Within 1 day after payment of Fees.
- Final Permission Letter will be issued within 07 working Days of the application provided all application documents are in order and no delay in fee payment.
- These orders shall come into effect from 1st November, 2017.
- The Engineer-in-Chief, Panchayat Raj, Hyderabad shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
- This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (EBS.VIII) Department vide O.No. 12552/367/A1/EBS.VIII/2017, dated: 11.6.2018.