Applications are invited from ITI qualified INDIAN National candidates for apprenticeship One Year training at the Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Visakhapatnam, [DAS (Vzg)] in the following designated trades (in accordance with Apprentices Act 1961) in the prescribed format (placed at Annexure-I) so as to reach “The Officer-in-Charge (for Apprenticeship Enrollment), Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, Naval Base Post Office, Visakhapatnam – 530 014, Andhra Pradesh” by 16 Dec 2013:
|SI.||Apprenticeship||Eligibility ITI Trade||Vacancies|
|(b)||Electronics Mechanic||Electronics Mechanic & Mechanic (Radio & T.V.)||25|
|(d)||Instrument Mechanic||Instrument Mechanic||14|
|ip||Mechanic Machine Tool||Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance||7|
|‘ i||Maintenance (MMTM)||(MMTM)_(03 Yrs Training at resp_ective ITI)|
|-9||Painter (General)||Painter (General)||17|
|(h)||R & A/C Mechanic||R & A/C Mechanic||10|
|(I)||Welder (Gas & Electric)||Welder (Gas & Electric)||19|
Application received after 16 Dec 2013 will not be accepted.
(a) SC/ST/OBC Category. Vacancies for SC/ST/OBC candidates are reserved in accordance with Section 3A (i) and (ii) of Apprentice Act 1961 read in conjunction with Schedule IIA of Rule 5 of Apprenticeship Rules 1992. Latest certificate should be issued by competent authority as per format enumerated in Govt. orders from time to time.
(b) Physically Handicapped. Vacancies for PHC candidates are reserved in accordance with Apprentices Act 1961 read in conjunction with Apprenticeship Rules 1992. Latest certificate issued by medical board by any Govt. Hospital.
(c) Children of Armed Forces Personnel / Ex-serviceman. Vacancies for
children of armed forces and ex-servicemen are reserved in accordance with
Apprentices Act 1961.
4. Eligibility for Applying
(a) Qualification. SSC / Matric / Std X with minimum of 50% (aggregate) and ITI
(NCVT) in relevant trades with minimum 65% (aggregate).
(b) Age. The age criterion for various categories as on 15 Apr 2014 are as
(c) Acke Relaxation Important Notice. To avail additional two years age relaxation for son / daughter of Naval Civilian / Defence Employee, the names of candidates have to be forwarded by the respective units to HQENC (CCPO),
Visakhapatnam for consolidation and onward transmission to IHQ (MoD) (Navy), New Delhi for approval. Candidates approved by IHQ(MoD) (Navy) only will be allowed for the written examination. No request will be entertained in this regard. The candidates are required to send duly filled application form to DAS(V).
(d) Physical Standards. Height minimum-137 cm, Weight minimum- 25.4 Kg., other standards as per Apprentices Act 1961.
(e) Nationality. Indian
5. Stipend. Rs. 1,700/-, Rs. 1,970/-, Rs. 2,220/- per month, depending upon the period of apprenticeship training.
6. Short listing Criteria. Call letters for appearing in written examination will be sent to the shortlisted applicants in the ratio of 1:5 against existing vacancies in each trade. Candidates in the order of merit of written examination would be called for interview for short listing in various reservation categories and trades. Candidates finally selected in interview will have to undergo medical examination. No travelling allowance will be paid for written examination. Only those candidates called for interview as per mentioned dates will be paid travelling allowance on production of railway / bus ticket. Written examination would be objective type based on Mathematics, General Science and General Knowledge. The
written examination and interview schedule is as follows: –
(a) Written examination for all trades – 21 Jan 2014
(b) Declaration of written exam results at DAS(Vzg) – 23 Jan 2014
(c) Interview dates would be separately intimated.
7 Commencement of Training. 15 Apr 2014.
8. Hostel. Hostel accommodation will not be provided and all outstation candidates will have to make their own arrangements towards lodging and boarding.
9. Employment. As per Apprentices Act 1961, it shall not be obligatory for Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam to employ Apprentices on completion of training. There are no provisions for providing direct employment to Dockyard on completion of
10. Indemnity Bond. Minor candidates appearing for written examination / enrollment would have to furnish Indemnity bond duly signed by parents/guardian Proforma will be forwarded along with call letter.
11. (a) Forwarding of Residence Proof with Application. Candidates are compulsorily required to attach attested copy of Residence Proof along with application and other certificates as indicated in notification. The applications received without residence proof would not be considered. All correspondence with respect to the candidate would be addressed on the address mentioned in the residence address proof only. Any one of the following documents having residence
address would qualify as residence proof:-
(i) Voter ID (ii) Ration Card (iii) Aadhar Card (iv) Passport
(b) Police. Verification Certificate during Interview. Candidates would be required to produce police verification certificate along with other certificates during the interview. Failure to produce police verification certificate would render the candidature invalid.