MeeSeva, easier, faster is an online, web based, transparent and secured citizen-centric servicing facility to provide convenient access to the citizens without any need for them to go to multiple Government offices for getting their work done. The certificates are issued through digital signatures of the authorised signatories in consonance with the Information Technology (Amendment) Act, 2008 and Andhra Pradesh Information Technology Rules (Electronic Service Delivery) 2011.
At present 45 G2C services pertaining to Revenue, Registration and other Departments have been added through a seamless & integrated architecture and providing a very friendly interface to the citizens. In future the number of services will increase and many more Departments will join meeseva fold.
MeeSeva being a user fee model initiative, the user fee collected from the citizen will be shared between all stake holders viz. the VLEs, Service Delivery channels, Participating Departments and ESD. The Department share out of the user fee collected is transferred to the participating Departments by the Director ESD. The amount transferred in the form of Department share from the user charges collected by Director, ESD, includes the service tax payable to the Central Excise Department, as per Service Tax Rules 1994. The Chairman, DeGS/District Collector/participating Department shall remit the Service Tax as prescribed by rules in vogue from time to time.
In case of Revenue department, it is transferred to DeGS(District e-Governance Society) constituted in all districts in the state.
The District e-Governance Society have been constituted to co-ordinate the National roll-out of e-District MMP at district level. The DeGS would implement the project and ensure close linkages and coordination amongst the various stakeholders in the Project at field level and also collect user charges as fixed by the State Government and keep audited accounts of the same.
The amount transferred to DeGS/Participating Departments towards Department share can be used inter alia for the following purposes with the approval of Chairman, DeGS:
– Conducting training/Capacity building/awareness programmes related to e-Governance, MeeSeva and IT related projects.
– Up gradation/ purchase/installation of computers /peripherals/minor repairs/ AMC charges to deliver e-Governance/MeeSeva related services.
– Digitization of data /Data entry/ Printing/Updation/ Scanning to improve the delivery of citizen services.
– Expenditure on computer operators/Hand Holding persons working at various level associated with MeeSeva work.
– Electrical/ connectivity/ networking/internet monthly charges
– Travelling expenses for Hand Holding persons at District/Division/Mandal level
– Towards purchase of stationery, computer consumables(Cartridges, toner) and expenditure on Internet .
– Repairs and maintenance of computers/computer rooms/UPS/Batteries/Fuel, lubricants, maintenance/ spares for Generators.
– Expenditure on Freight/Courier/Post & Stamps/ Fax
– Printing, Binding, Publishing of Forms etc.