Consequent to the formation of Telangana State the need for establishing a Telangana state press academy with noble objective of promoting highest standards and ethics in journalism besides the necessity of fostering values that enrich the societies through communication media has been re-organised.
2. The Government with GO.Ms. No. 15 Dated 03 June 2014 appoints the Chairman and Members for the proposed Telangana State Press Academy.
3. The Government accordingly nominates the following :
1. Sri Allam Narayana, Eminent Journalist Chairman
2. Sri K. Srinivas, Editor, Andhra Jyothi Member
3. Sri K,. Shekar Reddy, Editor, Namaste Telangana Member
4. Sri V. Murali, Editor, Sakshi Member
5. Sri Mallepally Lakshmaiah, Eminent Journalist Member
6. Sri C.R Gowri Shankar, Political Editor, Deccan Chronicle Member
7. Sri K. Srinivas Reddy, Resident Editor The Hindu Member
8. Sri Zaheeruddin Ali Khan, Managing Editor Siasat Member
9. Sri Vinay Veer, Editor Hindi Milap Member
10. Sri N. Venu Gopal, Editor Veekshnam Member
11. Sri M. Narayan Reddy, Chief Executive Officer, T- News Member
12. Sri Tankashala Ashok, Eminent Journalist Member
13. Sri Komaravelli Anjaiah, Sr. Journaist Member
14. The Secretary to Govt., Fin. & Planning (FW) Dept. Secretariat,
15 Nominee of Secretary to Govt. GA (I&PR) Dept., Secretariat, Hyderabad.
16. Head of the Dept. of Journalism, Telugu University
17. Head of the Dept. of Journalism, Osmania University
18. Station Director, Doordarshan, Hyderabad
19. Station Director, All India Radio, Hyderabad
20. Director of I&PR, Hyderabad
21. Secretary, Press Academy of Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad.
4. The Committee constituted shall take necessary action for incorporating the Memorandum of Associations, Rules and Regulations, and Bye Laws for the proposed Telangana State Press Academy.
5. The Chairman and Members shall continue to hold office for a period of two years. The chairman Sri Allam Narayana, shall hold the rank equivalent to a Cabinet Minister for the protocol and courtesies other terms and conditions will be issued separately.
6. The Commissioner Information and Public Relation Telangana State shall provide necessary infrastructure and support as available with existing Andhra Pradesh Press academy for establishing the Telangana State Press Academy. The Secretary Press academy shall discharge his duties to the above members as mandated and warranted.
7. The Chairman and Committee shall take expeditious steps for operationalising the Telangana State Press Academy with in 2 months.
8. The Secretary, Andhra Pradesh Press Academy will provide the required infrastructure and facilities for the functioning of the above Chairman and committee with immediate effect.