G.O.MS.No. 13. Dated 09.02.2015 The Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014) Whereas, by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the appropriate Government i.e. the State of Telangana is empowered by order, to make such adaptations and modifications of any law made before 02.06.2014, whether by way of repeal or amendment as may be necessary or expedient, for the purpose of facilitating the application of such law in relation to the State of Telangana, before
expiration of two years from 02.06.2014, and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other competent authority;
2. And whereas it has become necessary to adapt “The Andhra Pradesh Para Medical Board Act, 2006 (Act No.38 of 2006)” in force as on 01.06.2014 for the purpose of facilitating its application in relation to the State of Telangana;
3. Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in Extra-ordinary issue of Telangana State Gazette:
In exercise of powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the Governor of Telangana State hereby makes the following Order, namely:-
1. (a) This order may be called “The Andhra Pradesh Para Medical Board Act, 2006” (Telangana Adaptation) Order, 2014.
(b) It shall be deemed to have come into force with effect from 02.06.2014.
2. The Andhra Pradesh General Clauses Act, 1891 (Act No.1 of 1891), shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of a State Act.
3. For the purpose of this Order and the Act adapted herein, the expression “the State” shall have the meaning and area as specified in section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014.
4. In “The Andhra Pradesh Para Medical Board Act, 2006 (Act No.38 of 2006)” (1) throughout the Act, for the words “Andhra Pradesh”, the word “Telangana” shall be substituted;
(2) in section 4:
(i) under Heading –I, Ex-Officio Members, in item (iii) for the words “Dr.N.T.R. University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada”, the words “Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences” shall be substituted;
(ii) under heading – II, Nominated Members, the following shall be substituted, namel
Three members to be nominated by the Government, of whom:-
(i) One member nominated from among the Principal or Head of Department of the concern Government Para Medical Institutions representing Osmania University;
(ii) One member nominated from the Management of the State Government recognized Private Para Medical Institutions;
(iii) One eminent Medical Educationist in Modern Medicine nominated”.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)