G.O.Ms.No.37 Dated:01-11-2014 Whereas, by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No. 6 of 2014), the appropriate Government i.e., the State of Telangana is empowered by order, to make such adaptations and modifications of any law (as defined in section 2 (f) of the Act) made before 02-06-2014, whether by way of repeal or amendment as may be necessary or expedient, for the purpose of facilitating the application of such law in the State of Telangana before expiration of two years from 02-06-2014; and thereupon every such law shall have effect subject to the adaptations and modifications so made until altered, repealed or amended by a competent Legislature or other competent authority ;
And whereas, it has become necessary to adapt and modify the Andhra Pradesh Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Act, 1987 for the purpose of facilitating its application in relation to the State of Telangana;
Accordingly, the following Notification will be published in an Extra ordinary issue of the Telangana State Gazette:
N O T I F I C A T I O N
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 101 of the Andhra Pradesh Re-organisation Act, 2014 (Central Act No.6 of 2014), the Governor of Telangana hereby makes the following Order, namely:-
1. (1) This Order may be called the Andhra Pradesh Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Act, 1987 (Telangana Adaptation Order) 2014.
(2) It shall come into force with immediate effect.
2. The Andhra Pradesh General Clauses Act, 1891 (Act 1 of 1891).shall apply for the interpretation of this Order as it applies for the interpretation of a State Act.
3. For the purpose of this Order, and the Act adapted herein, the expression “the State” shall have the meaning and area as specified in section 3 of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014.( Central Act 6 of 2014).
4. In the Andhra Pradesh Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Act, 1987, –
(1) Throughout the Act for the words “Andhra Pradesh” (occurring otherwise than in a citation or description or title of other enactments), the word “Telangana” shall be substituted.
(2) In section 2, the clauses (2-a), (2-b), (7-a), (17-A) and (28) shall be omitted.
(3) In section 4, in sub-section (5), in clause (c), the words “including a person in the service of the Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanams” shall be omitted..
(4) In section 17, for sub-section (2), the following shall be substituted,-
“(2) Every trustee appointed under section 15 shall hold office for a term of one year from the date of taking oath of office and secrecy:
Provided that, on the date of commencement of the Andhra Pradesh Charitable and Hindu Religious Institutions and Endowments Act (Telangana Adaptation) Order, 2014, a trustee whoever completed a term of office of one year, from the date of taking oath of office and secrecy, shall cease to hold office forthwith; and the others shall continue to hold office as such till their completion of the term of one year”.
(5) In section 65, –
(a) in sub-section (1), the words “other than Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanams” shall be omitted;
(b) sub-section (2) shall be omitted;
(c) in sub-section (3), the words “or Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanams” shall be omitted.
(6) In section 88, the expression “and section 119” shall be omitted.
(7) Sections 95 to131 under Chapter XIV” dealing with Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanams shall be omitted.
(8) In section 140, in sub-section (1), the words “and in the case of Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanams to the Executive Officer” shall be omitted.
(9) In section 143, for the expression “the 30th September, 1951 in the Andhra Area of the State and the 26th January, 1967 in the remaining area of the State.” the expression “the 26th January, 1967.” shall be substituted.
(10) In section 152, in sub-section (1),-
(a) for item (i), the following shall be substituted :
“(i) Chairman, who shall be a devout Hindu and has experience and commitment to improve the Hindu temple system to be nominated by the Government.”
(b) item (iv) shall be omitted;
(c) after item (xii), the following shall be added,-
“(xiii) two archakas, one from South Telangana and another from North Telangana, from the temples specified in section 6 (a) (ii) of the Act”.
(11) For section 153, the following shall be substituted,-
“(1) The Government may, after previous publication and by notification in the Telangana Gazette, make rules for carrying out all or any of the purposes of this Act.
(2) Every rule made under this Act shall, immediately after it is made, be laid before the Legislature of the State, if it is in session and if it is not in session, in the session immediately following for a total period of fourteen days which may be comprised in one session or in two successive sessions and if, before the expiration of the session in which it is so laid or the session immediately following the Legislature of the State Agrees in making any modification in the rule or in the annulment of the rule, the rule shall, from the date on which the modification or annulment is notified, have effect only in such modified form or shall stand a annulled as the case may be, so however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.”
(12) In section 160,-
(a) in sub-section (1), the words “or endowment of Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanams,” shall be omitted;
(b) sub-section (2) shall be omitted.
(13) In section 161, –
(a) in sub-section (1), the words “other than Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam” shall be omitted;
(b) the proviso to sub-section (1) shall be omitted.
the “First Schedule and Second Schedule” to the said Act shall be