G.O.MS.No. 148 Dated 26-8-2015 Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise, Telangana, Hyderabad, has submitted proposals requesting for issue of revised guidelines for sanction of bar licences in the State.
2. After careful consideration of the proposal submitted by the Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise, Telangana, Hyderabad and in supersession of the orders issued in the reference 1st read above,
Government hereby decide that the policy would be to permit new bars very sparingly at places of requirement as determined based on the following
1. The population of 2011 census shall be taken as basis for consideration.
2. One (1) Bar shall be granted for every 30,000 population in all the Municipal Corporations (other than GHMC) / Municipalities / Nagar Panchayats i.e., for population of 0–30000 the eligibility would be
one (1) bar, for 30001 – 60000 population, eligibility would be two (2) bars and so on.
3. In GHMC for every 13,000 population (1) one bar shall be granted i.e., for population of 0-13,000, the eligibility would be one bar, for 13,001 – 26,000 population, the eligibility would be (2) bars and so
4. New Bar licences shall be continued to be granted to the restaurants run by 3 Star and above category hotels located in GHMC / Municipal Corporations / Municipalities / Tourism Centers / Nagara Panchayats
without any restrictions as at (2) & (3) above.
5. In case the number of applications filed for grant of bar licence is more than the permissible number of bars that can be newly opened, the selection shall be made on the basis of drawl of lots among all eligible applicants and in their presence duly stipulating a date time.
6. Government is vested with special powers for relaxation of the above requirements. If warranted on expedient operational grounds etc., as may be recommended by the Commissioner of Prohibition &
Excise, Telangana, Hyderabad, in special cases.
3. The Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise, Telangana, Hyderabad, shall take necessary action in the matter accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.723, Rev (Ex.II) Dept., dated 2.8.2010
2. From the CPE, TS, Hyderabad Lr.No.1900/2015/CPE/TS/F1, dated 13.5.2015
3. Govt.Memo.No.9761/Ex.II(1)/2015-1, dt.30.6.2015
4. From the CPE, TS, Hyderabad Lr.No.1900/2015/CPE/TS/F1, dated 17.7.2015