Mines & Minerals – New Sand Mining Policy, 2014 – Certain amendments to the Telangana State Sand Mining Rules, 2015 – Orders – Issued. TELANGANA STATE SAND MINING RULES TSSMR 2015 AND Amendments with GO 15.
Now NOTIFICATION with G.O.Ms.No.82 Dated:07.11.2015
In exercise of the powers conferred under sub-section (1) of Section 15 of Mines & Minerals (Development & Regulation) Act, 1957 (Central Act No.67 of 1957), the Government of Telangana hereby makes the following amendments to the Telangana State Sand Mining Rules, 2015 issued in G.O.Ms.No.3, Industries and Commerce (Mines-1) Department, Dated:08.01.2015 and published in Rules, supplement to Part-I of Extraordinary Issue of Telangana Gazette No.1, dated:08.01.2015 and as amended from time to time.
1. In the said rules, in rule 10 after clause (ii), the following shall be inserted namely:-
(iii) “An amount of Rs.200/- (Rupees two hundred only) per metric Ton towards ‘regulating charges’ shall be paid to Telangana State Mineral Development Corporation by the transporter bringing sand incidentally from other sources and obtain pass for movement in the State to control the sale price of sand.”
2. In rule-13(a) for sub-rule (1), the following shall be substituted; namely, –
“(1) After collection of penalty to the extent of sand quantity permitted by the Transport Department and on the excess quantity, the Mines and Geology Department, a check memo shall be issued to the vehicle under intimation to the Transport and Commercial Tax Department and vice versa for taking necessary action.”
(b) after sub-rule (6), the following shall be inserted; namely:
(7) Telangana State Mineral Development Corporation shall establish check-posts at all the vulnerable points connecting Hyderabad city for checking of sand transportation and taking action as per rule 13, in order to curb the extraction and transportation of sand from un-authorized sources.
(8) Telangana State Mineral Development Corporation shall establish check-posts at the vulnerable location at the State borders to check the sand movement from the state and to regulate the sand incidentally coming to the State from the other sources.
3. In rule-14 for the words, “such seized ………..through Telangana State Mineral Development Corporation” the following words shall be substituted; namely-
“Such seized sand shall be disposed by concerned Tahsildar;/Sub Collector/RDO or any officer nominated by District Collector with the approval of the District Collector & Chairman of the District Level Sand Committee (DLSC) as per sale price as being followed and in accordance with the guidelines issued by Telangana State Mineral Development Corporation.”
4. In rule 16, the following shall be inserted at the end, namely-
All the Transporters Associations and vehicles/carriers/lorries involved in sand transportation shall be registered with Telangana State Mineral Development Corporation for detection from other vehicles transporting sand through un-authorized sources.
INDUSTRIES AND COMMERCE (MINES.I) DEPARTMENT G.O.Ms.No.82 Dated:07.11.2015
1) G.O.Ms.No.38, Industries and Commerce (Mines.I) Department, Dated:12.12.2014.
2) G.O.Ms.No.3, Industries and Commerce (Mines.I) Department, Dated:08.01.2015.
3) G.O.Ms.No.15, Industries and Commerce (Mines.I) Department, Dated:19.02.2015.
4) From the Director of Mines & Geology, Hyderabad Letter No.87/P/2014, Dated:13.04.2015
5) G.O.Ms.No.30, Industries and Commerce (Mines.I) Department, Dated:06.05.2015.
6) From the Director of Mines & Geology, Hyderabad Letter No.87/P/2014, Dated.05.08.2015
7) G.O.Ms.No.54, Industries and Commerce (Mines.I) Department, Dated:21.08.2015.
8) From the Director of Mines & Geology, Hyderabad Letter No.87/P/2014, Dated.23.09.2015.
9) From the Director of Mines & Geology, Hyderabad Letter No.87/P/2014, Dated.16.10.2015