The State Government has launched the flagship programme “Telangana Ku Haritha Haram” with the primary objective of increasing the green cover in the State to 33% as envisaged in the National Forest Policy, 1988. This programme envisages massive planting operations outside forest area as well as treatment of forest areas with viable root stock through assisted natural regeneration and gapplanting. However, the protection of plantations in forest area has always been an issue of concern. During the review meeting of Hon’be Chief Minister held on 20.06.2015, it was decided to actively involve representatives of local institutions and people to ensure their active participation in the programme for the success of Haritha Haaram.
2. Accordingly, the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Telangana State, Hyderabad in the reference read above has submitted a proposal for constitution of “Haritha Rakshna Committee“.
3. After careful examination of the proposal of the Prl. Chief Conservator of Forests, Telangana State, Hyderabad, Government hereby constitute Haritha Rakshna Committee with the following composition:-
• Sarpanch – Chairperson
• Mandal Parishad Territorial Constituency Member (MPTC) – Vice Chairperson
• Panchayat Secretary – Member Convener
• Self Help Group-Gram Samakya Leader – Member
• A.N.M. – Member
• Angaanwadi Worker – Member
• Village Revenue Officer – Member
• Head Master, Zilla Parishad Primary School/High School – Member
• President, Village Youth Club – Member
• Village Extension Officer – Member
• Field Assistant, MGNREGS – Member
• NGO (if available) – Member
• Concerned Forest Beat Officer – Member.
The above committee will have the following functions:-
• To ensure successful implementation of Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram programme.
• To prepare an action plan for afforestation in the village in the non-forest area.
• To ensure protection of the plantations in the non-forest area.
• To motivate villagers/farmers to plant trees on the boundary-mounds of their fields and private wastelands to meet the requirement of wood from outside the forests as far as possible.
• To motivate villagers to plant fruit-bearing trees around their houses.
• To assist the Forest Guard in ensuring protection of the forest area within the village boundary.
• To encourage the use of alternative sources of energy such as bio-gas and improved stoves to reduce the demand of fuelwood and to reduce the drudgeries of the women.
• To encourage the stall feeding in the villages to prevent the damage to existing forests due to excessive grazing.
• To ensure conservation of Natural resources within their Gram Panchayat.
4. The District Collectors, Telangana State are directed to take necessary further action accordingly and also organize sensitization and awareness programmes at the Mandal Level for the committee Members to enable them to discharge their functions effectively.
Forest Dept. – Constitution of “Haritha Rakshna Committee” – Orders – Issued ENVIRONMENT, FORESTS, SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY (FOR.I) DEPARTMENT G.O.RT.No. 123 Dated: 24-06-2015 From the PCCF, Lr.Ref.No.10390/2015/Scheme-II, Dt.22.06.2015 (BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)