According to “Sachar Committee Recommendations”, the Country is going through a high growth phase. This is a time to help the underprivileged to utilize new opportunity through Skill Development and Education. A large segment of Muslim community is engaged in self-employment activities. Besides, a significant proportion, especially women, is actually engaged in home-based work. While some of these workers are engaged in sectors that have experienced growth, many are engaged in occupations/sectors that are stagnant. The policy intervention needs to help workers engaged in growth-oriented sectors to become part of the larger network of market oriented firms engaged in that sector. For those caught I the stagnant sectors, a transition part will have to be evolved. Skill up-gradation, education and credit availability will have an important role in both these strategies.
2. India is in transition to a knowledge based economy and its competitive edge will be determined by the abilities of its people to create, share and use knowledge more effectively. This transition will require India to develop workers into knowledge workers who will be more flexible, analytical, adaptable and multi-skilled. India has the advantage of “demographic dividend”. Harnessing the demographic dividend through appropriate skill development efforts would provide an opportunity to achieve inclusion and productivity within the country and also a reduction in the global skill shortages. Large scale skill development is thus an imminent imperative. Keeping in view the above and the recommendations of the Working Group on “Empowerment of Minorities” for 12th Five Year Plan, MMA, GOI, New Delhi proposed “Seekho aur Kamao” (Lean & Earn), a new 100% Central Sector Scheme for “Skill Development of Minorities to be implemented from the financial year 2013-14 onwards.
3. The guidelines under the scheme are as follows:
1. To bring down un-employment rate of minorities during 12th Plan period.
2. To conserve and update traditional skills of minorities and establish their linkages with market.
3. To improve employability of existing workers, school drop-outs etc. and ensure their placement.
4. To generate means of better livelihood for marginalized minorities and bring them in the main stream.
5. To enable minorities to avail opportunities in the growing market.
6. To develop potential human resource for the Country.
4. The introduction and details of the Central Sector Scheme for Skill Development of Minorities “Seekho aur Kamao” (Learn & Earn) is enclosed to this Order.
5. In order to ensure proper implementation of the scheme and that the intended benefits shall go to the right beneficiaries, it has been decided to involve the respective State Governments also in the process of monitoring/inspection of the Trg. Centers of PIAs. Involvement of state Govt. may help in expeditious inspection of the Trg. Centers of PIAs resulting in timely release of grants and efficient management of funds under this scheme.
6. The DMWOs in (10) Districts of Telangana State are hereby designated as Competent Authority to conduct Inspection of the Training Centers of the Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) working in the District in which skill trainings are imparted to minority youth under the scheme Central Sector Scheme “SEEKHO AUR KAMAO” of Ministry of Minority Affairs as and when PIAs approaches them for Inspection. However, the DMWO shall submit the Inspection Reports directly to GOI to curtail layers and delays.
7. The Director, Minorities Welfare, Hyderabad shall review the progress from time to time and intimate the GOI, New Delhi as MW Dept. Govt. of Telangana.
MWD – Implementation of Central Sector Scheme “SEEKHO AUR KAMAO (Learn & Earn)” for skill development of Minorities – Conduct of Inspection of the Training Centers of PIAs working in the State – Submission of Inspection Reports – Delegation of DMWO as Competent Authority – Orders – Issued. MINORITIES WELFARE (OP & BUDGET) DEPARTMENT G.O.Ms.No.51 Dated: 019-12-2015. From the Jt. Secy., MMA, GOI, New Delhi, D.O.No.8-22/2-14-SD (Part) dt.30.10.2015.