Government of Telangana with GO MS 12 on 24 September 2014 envisions the overall development of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes and in particular the Girls belonging to these communities who are the disadvantaged section of the society. In pursuance of this vision, the Government of Telangana proposes to introduce the scheme of “Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam” to all SC and ST girls on their marriage with a view to alleviate financial distress in the family. Under the Scheme, a one time financial assistance of Rs.51,000/- at the time of marriage shall be granted to every SC/ST Girl with effect from October 2, 2014 subject to the following guidelines given as under:
- The Girl shall belong to SC/ST community.
- The Girl shall be a resident of Telangana State.
- The Girl should have completed 18 years of age at the time of
- The Wedding of the SC/ST girl shall be on or after
October 2, 2014.
- Income Criteria:
- The combined income of the Parents shall not exceed Rs.2,00,000 per annum.
- Procedure for application and processing:
- Applicants shall apply online for the Telangana Kalyana Lakshmi
http://epasswebsite.cgg.gov.in through any MEESEVA Center.
- The following certificates shall be attached:
- Date of birth – Issued by the competent authority through MEESEVA Centre.
- Caste Certificate – Issued by the Competent authority through
- Income Certificate (the certificate shall be latest and shall not be older than 6 months from the date of marriage).
- Aadhaar card of the bride and bride groom to be scanned and uploaded.
- A scanned copy of the first page of Bank Pass Book (Savings Account) containing the photo of the bride and the account details in the name of the bride.
- Wedding Card if available.
- Wedding Photograph.
viii) Letter by the Gram Panchayat/Church/Mosque/any other authority/ institution which has performed the marriage to be scanned and uploaded.
ix) Optional details for scanning and uploading: SSC Hall ticket number and year of passing where applicable.
The Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam cannot be combined with any other scheme such as the incentive award for inter-caste marriages with Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
The Kalyana Lakshmi Pathakam is only a one time financial assistance and can be availed only once in the life time.
The Joint Director/Deputy Director of the Scheduled Caste Development/ Tribal Welfare Departments shall process the applications and after due verification of the documents sanction the amounts to be payable in the bank accounts of the Bride as furnished on the online system. All such claims shall be made through uploading online bills for the scheme.
The Commissioner, Scheduled Castes Development and Tribal Welfare shall ensure that an appropriate head of account is created for the scheme to charge the expenditure under the scheme.
The Commissioner, Scheduled Castes Development and Tribal Welfare shall ensure that necessary software is enabled on the epasswebsite and Mee Seva centers to ensure applications under the scheme.
The Commissioner, Scheduled Castes Development and Tribal Welfare shall ensure wide publicity of the scheme.
This orders issues with the concurrence of Finance (EBS.III) Department, vide their U.O.No.1290/71/A1/EBS.III/2014, dated August 11, 2014.