G.O.Ms.No.2 Dated:20/01/2015 The Government of India, Ministry of Urban Development (Urban Transport Division) have issued guidelines for financing purchase of buses and ancillary infrastructure for Urban Transport Systems under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission 2013. As per Clause 3.5 of the said guidelines, if a city is small and is fed from adjoining area/cities, the State Government can notify all such cities and adjoining areas as “Local Planning Area” and constitute an Special Purpose Vehicles for such area. Such “Special Purpose Vehicles” can operate city buses under stage carriage permit in the local “Planning Area” in a manner that the maximum headway in peak time and non-peak time in similar to city bus operation. Setting up of cities specific SPVs is mandatory for release of 1st installment.
Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation has informed that for efficient discharge of its functions with regard to urban transportation in the State of Andhra Pradesh and with view to provide effective public transportation in the cities and towns of Andhra Pradesh, an internal committee of Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation officers was constituted to prepare a Draft Scheme for formation of Special Purpose Vehicles /subsidy Corporations for Urban Transportation in 7 cities in the State for which buses are being funded by Government of India under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission scheme. The Committee prepared draft scheme for formation of 2 Subsidiary Corporations for urban transport functions in Telangana. The Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, in his letter 1st read above, has informed that keeping in view of the need to form Special Purpose Vehicles to obtain the funds released from Government of India , the Corporation board after detailed discussion have resolved vide Resolution No.32 of 2014 dated 11.02.2014 to form the following (4) 100% Subsidiary Corporations of Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation under section 17 (A) of Road Transport Corporation Act, 1950 to look after the passengers transport function in urban areas of Andhra Pradesh as Special Purpose Vehicles under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission scheme.
- Hyderabad Zonal Urban Transport Corporation.
- Karimangar Zonal Urban Transport Corporation.
iii. Vijayawada & Vizianagaram Zonal Urban Transport Corporation.
- Nellore & Kadapa Zonal Urban Transport Corporation.
- The Scheme proposals were submitted to the erstwhile Government of Andhra Pradesh on 11.02.2014 by the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, vide Lr. No. SP(18)/Central Projects/2013.The proposal were considered and approved by the erstwhile State Government of Andhra Pradesh. The Government of India vide reference 3rd cited has given its “ No Objection” for Establishment of above Subsidiary Corporations(100% subsidiaries of APSRTC) subject to fulfillment of provisions of section 17 (A) 2(b) of Road Transport Act, 1950 which stipulates representatives of Central Government on the Board of Directors of Subsidiary Corporation.
- Managing Director, Andhra Pradesh Urban Finance & Infrastructure Development Corporation has also reported that as Subsidiary Corporations(SPVs) for clusters of cities is admissible as per Government of India guidelines, the Subsidiary Corporations(SPVs) proposed by Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, accepted, approval given and notification issued for formation of Subsidiary Corporations(SPVs).
- The Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, has requested the Government of Telangana to approve and issue notification for formation of two (2) Subsidiary Corporations falling within the State of Telangana i.e. (1) Hyderabad Zonal Urban Transport Corporation (2) Karimnagar Zonal Urban Transport Corporation.
- Accordingly, the following notification shall be published in an Extraordinary issue of the Telangana Gazette.
In exercise of the powers conferred under section 17A(1)(2) and 2(b) of the R.T.C Act, 1950, the Government of Telangana hereby approve and notify the following Subsidiary Corporations(SPVs) in APSRTC along with composition of Board of Directors to look after Passenger Transport function in Urban areas of Telangana State and to function in accordance with scheme and general regulations approved by Board of the APSRTC vide Resolution No. 32/14, Dated 11.02.2014.
- SUBSIDIARY CORPORATIONS:
|Name of Subsidiary Corporation||Jurisdiction (Cities/ towns in the Districts of )|
|1||Hyderabad Zonal Urban Transport Corporation||Hyderabad, Rangareddy, Medak, Mahabubnagar & Nalgonda|
|2||Karimnagar Zonal Urban Transport Corporation||Karimnagar, Nizamabad, Adilabad, Warangal
- COMPOSITION OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS FOR EACH SUBSIDIARY CORPORATIONS:
|Sl. No.||Board Members||Designation|
|(i)||Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation,||Chairman|
|(ii)||Executive Director (s) of respective Zone (s), Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation,||Managing Director|
|(iii)||Executive Director (Operations) from Corporate Office, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation,||Director|
|(iv)||Financial Adviser & Chief Acounts Officer, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation,||Director|
|(v)||Commissioner & Director, Municipal
Administration, Government of Telangana
|(vi)||Director, Town & Country Planning, Government of Telangana||Director|
|(vii)||Head of the Department in Corporate Office, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, in charge of Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission Scheme/Urban Transport matters.||Director &
Secretary to Corporation
|(viii)||Representative of the Government of India, Ministry of Road Transport & Highways||Director|
The Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF TELANGANA)
- From the Vice Chairman & Managing Director, APSRTC, Letter No.SP(18)/ Central Projects/ 2013, Dated 11/02/2014.
- From the Managing Director, APUFIDC Lr.No.2756/JNNURM/Buses/Small Towns/ 2013, Dated 19/02/2014.
- From the Director (Transport), Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India, New Delhi Letter F.No.RT-130121/1/2014-T, Dated 13/06/2014.
- From Vice Chairman & Managing Director, Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation, Letter No.SP(18)/Center Projects/2013, Dated 26/06/2014