Formation of New Districts, Revenue Divisions and Mandals in Telangana State – Allocation of posts and personnel to the Districts – Procedural Guidelines for 31 New Districts of Telangana Regarding.
Government have issued preliminary notifications for formation / re-organization of Districts, Revenue
Divisions and Mandals in the State of Telangana.
2. Special Chief Secretary/Principal Secretary/Secretary of all Secretariat Departments along with the Heads of Departments and the District Collectors have been requested to submit and validate the details of the sanctioned posts and personnel in the districts, in each cadre and category of every department online.
3. Accordingly and as discussed in the series of review meetings on the subject, the following draft procedural guidelines are issued in this regard.
Guidelines for 31 New Districts of Telangana Allocation of posts
4. All the sanctioned posts in the offices located in the villages, urban local bodies, mandals and divisions relatable exclusively to the territory of a new district shall stand allotted to the new district except to the extent which are being relocated following due procedure.
5. The sanctioned posts in the district offices of all the departments, including Collectorate and District Police Office, as also such of the sanctioned posts in sub-district offices as may be required to be relocated, shall be allocated among the new district offices as per the revised staffing pattern and distribution proposed by the concerned departments basing on the requirement of work load and other factors in each of the new districts.
6. The formal orders in respect of the posts mentioned in para (4) and the revised allocation orders (within the overall existing cadre strength) in respect of the posts mentioned in para (5) above shall be issued by the Finance (HRM) Department as per the consolidated proposals furnished by the respective departments, after due approval by the Finance Minister. The department shall send such proposal after obtaining orders in circulation to their Minister, routing the file through Finance and Chief Secretary.
7. In cases where creation of posts is involved, the normal procedure as per Business Rules shall be followed for obtaining approval of the Council of Ministers.
Guidelines for 31 New Districts of Telangana Provisional Order to Serve
8. All the employees serving in the posts mentioned in para (4) above, which are not subjected to relocation, shall continue to serve in their respective offices and posts on and with effect from the date of formation of the new district and they shall be deemed to be allotted provisionally to the new district.
9. The employees serving in the posts mentioned in para (5) above would be ordered to serve provisionally in the new district to which their services are allocated on tentative basis, pending final allocation as per the guidelines to be issued separately.
10. The general order in respect of the employees serving in the posts mentioned in para (4) and the provisional orders to serve in the new districts in respect of the employees serving in the posts mentioned in para (5) above shall be issued by Secretaries of the respective
Departments keeping in view the administrative requirements, after obtaining orders in circulation to the Minister in charge of the department, in the draft format which will be communicated separately by the General Administration (SPF&MC) Department.
11. As the above allocation may involve transfers and movement to new stations, or from one local cadre to another local cadre, the general ban on transfers would be relaxed to this extent, as also clause 5(1) of the Presidential Order, treating such transfers as made in exercise of powers vested in the State Government under Clause 5(2) (C) of the said Order in public interest. The eligible Transfer Allowance may be sanctioned to the employees so affected.
12. The employees deemed to be allotted provisionally and the employees provisionally ordered to serve the new districts in terms of paras (8) and (9) above shall continue to be in their respective erstwhile district / zonal / multi-zonal cadres localized under the Presidential
Order, for the purposes of their lien, seniority, promotions and other service matters, as the above arrangement is purely temporary, made due to administrative exigencies in public interest. The necessary orders in this regard will be issued by General Administration (SPF&MC) Department.
13. All the Departments are requested to complete the exercise as per the above procedural guidelines, so as to issue necessary orders soon after issue of final notifications for formation / re-organization of Districts, Revenue Divisions and Mandals in the State of Telangana.
Ref:- 1. G.O.Rt.Nos.361, 362, 363, 364, 365, 366, 367, 368 & 369 of Revenue (DA-CMRF) Department, Dated: 22.08.2016.2. Memo.No.135/Cabinet/2016-3 GA (Cabinet) Department, dt.03.09.2016.