Orders were issued for establishment of Dist Consumer Protection Council with (10) official members in all districts under the Chairmanship of the Collector and District Magistrate. It was also ordered to nominate 10 non-official members in each district with certain conditions.
2. In partial modification of the above orders, Government hereby constitute District Consumer Protection Councils with the following Official and Non-official Members under the Chairmanship of Collector and District Magistrate as detailed below:
Collector & District Magistrate. : Chairman Joint Collector : Vice Chairman
1. Regional Transport Officer : Member
2. District Medical & Health Officer : Member
3. Asst.Controller/Dist.Inspector, Legal Metrology : Member
4. Food Inspector, Dept. of Preventive Medicine : Member
5. RM/DM, APSRTC : Member
6. Superintending Engineer, : Member Power Distribution Company
7. Joint Director, Agriculture Department : Member
8. Dy Commr, Commercial Taxes concerned : Member
9. Commissioner of the Municipality / Corporation : Member
10. District Supply Officer : Member – Convener Non-official Members:
1. President, Zilla Samakhya of Indira Kranthi Patham : (1) Member
2. (4) Representatives from Active Consumer : (4) Members Voluntary Organisations (One of them should be a woman)
3. Representative from SC Welfare Association : (1) Member
4. Representative from ST Welfare Association : (1) Member
5. Representative from an active Farmer Organisation : (1) Member
6. (2) Representatives from Youth Clubs affiliated to : (2) Members Nehru Yuva Kendra (One of them should be a woman)
3. The other terms and conditions issued in the G.O. 1st cited remains same. The Collector & District Magistrate (Chairman of DCPC) shall constitute the Dist Consumer Protection Council accordingly.
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA ABSTRACT Consumer Affairs – Consumer Protection Act, 1986 – District Consumer Protection Council constituted vide GO.Ms.No. 6, dt. 2.9.2014 – Change in Nonofficial Members – Modified Orders – Issued. CONSUMER AFFAIRS, FOOD AND CIVIL SUPPLIES (CS.I-RC) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 1. Dated 03 -01-2015 Read the following: 1. G.O.Ms.No. 6, CAF&CS(CS.I-RC) Dept., dated 2.9.2014
2. From the Commissioner of Civil Supplies, Ref No.CA/403/14, dated 9.9.2014.