Several representations have been received by the Government that Sri Venkateswara Vedic University which was established with the objective of preserving the Veda and Agama Sastras is organizing courses in various Agamas like Vaikhanasa, Pancharatra, Saiva, etc., But, the University is not conducting courses for Vaidika Smartha Agama, which is predominantly used in many temples in Andhra Pradesh. They have therefore, requested the Government to direct the Sri Venkateswara Vedic University to conduct courses in the above Agama to meet the need of archakas in many temples.
2. Government have examined the matter and felt that there is a need to include Smartha Agama and run new courses in Sri Venkateswara Vedic University to meet the need of archakas in many temples. It is also observed that the Endowments Department has got a text prepared called ‘Sri Vaidika Agama Pratista Kalapam’ recently. This text can be used for running courses for Smartha Agama.
3. Government after careful consideration, hereby direct the Sri Venkateswara Vedic University to organize various courses on Vaidika Smartha Agama, immediately.
4. The Registrar, Sri Venkateswara Vedic University, Tirupati shall take necessary action in the matter, accordingly.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)
Introduction of Vaidika Smartha Agama Sastra courses along with other Agama Courses – Sri Venkateswara Vedic University – Orders – Issued
REVENUE (ENDTS.III) DEPARTMENT G.O.Ms.No. Dated: 13.11.2015
Read the following:-
- Letter from Sri Parashara Vaidikaagama Veda Shastra Parishad, Duvva Village, Tanuku (M), W.G. District, dt.09.10.2015.
- Letter from Sri Sankara Mattham, Visakhapatnam, dt.19.10.2015.
- Letter from Sri Uttarandhra Veda Vidya Trust, Visakhapatnam, dt.19.10.2015.