1. Sub rule (4) of rule 9 shall be omitted.
2. In rule 12,
(i), in sub rule (1), for the first proviso the following shall be substituted namely “Provided that a general revision of assessment books shall be made once in every five years.”
(ii), sub rule (2) shall be added as follows:
“public notice of such amendments and general assessment shall be
given in the manner provided in Rule 8”.
(iii) In sub rule (3), the following words shall be added at the end namely
“in which such notice is given”.
3. For Rule 13, the following shall be substituted namely :-
(1) “Notwithstanding anything in these rules, the Commissioner may notify a Gram Panchayat for the appointment of a revision Officer to conduct general revision of assessment books. The revision officer who may be appointed for a specific period shall exercise the powers, discharge the duties and perform the
functions of the executive authority under these rules in so far as such powers, duties and functions relate to the revision of assessment books, under rule 12 on the issue of such a notification, for the term “executive authority” wherever it occurs in these rules in so far as they relate to such revision and publication of notices, the term “revision officer” shall be deemed to have been substituted.
(2) (a) The Commissioner shall appoint a revision officer for a Gram Panchayat so notified and direct the executive authority to make available such staff from the Gram Panchayat as he may deem necessary to enable such officer to carry out his duties.
(b) The Commissioner shall recover from the Gram Panchayat concerned the whole or such proportion of the salary and allowances paid to the revision officer and such contribution towards the leave allowances and provident fund of that officer as the Commissioner may, by General or special order, determine.
(c) The executive authority shall, subject to the provisions of rule 9 maintain the assessment books relating to the house tax in accordance with the revision made by the revision officer.
(d) The executive authority shall, when so requested by the revision officer, make available to the revision officer such staff as may be necessary for the exercise of the powers, discharge of the duties and performance of the functions by the revision Officer.
(3) The Government shall regulate the classification, Methods of recruitment conditions of service, salary and allowances and discipline and conduct of the revision Officer appointed under sub – rule (2).”
4. In rule 19, under clause (a), for the expression “Rule 7”, the expression “Rules 7 and 12” shall be substituted.
5. In Rule 20 the clause (iii) shall be omitted.
N O T I F I C A T I O N
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-section (1) and clause (xxvii) of sub-section (2) of section 268 of the Andhra Pradesh Panchayat Raj Act, 1994 (Andhra Pradesh Act. No.13 of 1994), the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby makes the following amendments to the rules relating to certain taxes and the lodging of moneys received by the Gram Panchayat and payment of moneys from the Gram Panchayat Fund issued in GO.Ms.No.30, Panchayat Raj, Rural Development and Relief (Pts.III) Department, dated 20th January, 1995 and as subsequently amended in GO.Ms.No.98. PR&RD (Pts III), dated. 14th March 2002.
G.O.Ms.No. 382 Dated:14-12-2012 Read the following:-
1) G.O.Ms.No.30, P.R.&R.D. (Pts.III) Deptt., Dt:20-01-1995.
2) G.O.Ms.No.98, P.R.&R.D. (Pts.III) Deptt., Dt:14-03-2002.
3) From the Commissioner, PR&RE, Hyderabad, Lr.No.10489/CPR&RE/ D1/ 2010, Dt:18-04-2011.
4) From the Commissioner, PR&RE, Hyderabad, Lr.No.5299/CPR&RE/ D4/ 2010, Dt:16-07-2012.