GUIDELINES FOR TRANSFERS OF EMPLOYEES IN HIGHER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT FOR THE YEAR 2013-14.
1. Those who have put in more than 2 years of service in a particular station as on 24-04-2013 shall be eligible to apply for transfer. Service rendered in all cadres at a station will be counted while calculating period of the stay in the particular station.
2. The Commissioners of Technical Education and Collegiate Education will draw up a Schedule for effecting transfers and complete the entire process on or before 15-05-2013.
3. Those who are retiring on or before 15-05-2014 shall not be transferred unless there is a request.
4. Those who have completed 5 years or above stay in a particular station as on 24-04-2013 shall be transferred if there is any request for the said post or on administrative grounds.
5. Not more than 20% of the employees in any cadre will be transferred.
6. The Lecturers/ Senior Lecturers/ Head of Section in Government Polytechnics working against the posts of Lecturer/ Senior Lecturer/ Head of Section irrespective of the period of stay shall be transferred to the regular posts if there is request for the said post from the same discipline.
7. Transfer will be affected based on the entitlement of total points scored by individual applicants on the criteria as mentioned below. The highest scorer in the respective subject and zone will be given the first choice and so on.
Criteria for entitlement of points:
a) Stay in the present station located in the following areas as on 24-04-2013:-
i) Hyderabad / Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation Area as the case may be : 1 Point.
ii) District Head quarters and places having Municipal Corporations : 3 Points
iii) All other places : 5 Points
Note: In respect of Employees working on deputation including on OD basis, his stay shall be considered at the place of deputation and shall be awarded points with reference to the points allotted to the place of deputation
b) Special Categories:
i) Single Woman : 10 Points
ii) Physically handicapped:
a) 40% – 60% : 5 points
b) More than 60% : 8 points
iii) The Employees/ dependents who are now suffering from the following diseases and are required to visit the Hospital/ Doctor atleast once in a Fortnight as per the Doctor’s prescription : 5 points
(b) Heart Operation
(d) Bone T.B.
(e) Kidney Transplantation
iv) (a) Applicants with dependant children who are mentally retarded and are under treatment : 5 points
(b) Applicants with dependant children suffering from Juvenile Diabetes and children suffering from Holes in the Heart by birth and are under medical Treatment available only at specified places to which they are seeking Transfers : 5 points
Note: For this purpose, a copy of the latest certificate issued by the competent authority i.e., District Medical Board/ State Medical Board may be enclosed for consideration.
(v) Spouse employment: 10 points.
Note: Employees whose spouses are working in State or Central Government or Public Sector undertaking or Local Body or Aided Institution and opted for transfer to the same place or a nearby place. The applicants seeking transfer under this category shall produce a certificate issued by the Head of the Office where the spouse is working in proof of the claim.
(c) Performance Parameters (applicable only for teaching staff):
i) Technical Paper Presented or Published in a reputed International/ National Level Journals / Conference from 01-07-2012 to 24-04-2013. MAX: 10 points
A. Per each Technical Paper at International Level: 3 Points
B. Per each Technical Paper at National Level : 2 Points
ii) Additional Responsibilities held: MAX: 10 points
A. Deputy Warden for Hostel : 3 Points
B. Placement Officer/ NAAC Co-ordinator : 3 Points
C. Students Advisor/Counsellor : 3 Points
D. NCC Officer : 3 Points
E. NSS Programme Officer : 3 Points
F. SDC/ JKC Coordinator : 3 Points
G. RYK In charge : 3 Points
iii) Best Teacher Award received on 5th September, 2012: 5 Points
(d) In case of Teaching Staff, following criteria will be followed for allotment of points for the pass percentage of the students in March/April’2012 exams:-
(i) 0% to 40% : 1 point
(ii) 41% to 60% : 3 points
(iii) 61% and above : 5 points
Note: If a teacher is handling (2) or more Theory Subjects the average of all the subjects taught shall be taken into account.
E) Total service rendered by the Applicant:
A) More than 50% of Service Rendered in Non Focal area : 5 Points
B) Up to 50% of Service rendered in Non focal area : No Points
F) In case of Principals, the Institution activity report as assessed by the Commissioner of Technical Education/ Collegiate Education will be taken into consideration : MAX 10 points
8. In case of Women Polytechnics/ Degree Colleges the order of preference for posting on transfer shall be as follows (Teaching Staff only):
B. Male above (50) years of age
9. The service rendered in Foreign Department/ Pursuing M.Tech/ Ph.D under QIP or other Scheme like FIP shall be treated as Focal Place only. On repatriation/ Return, they shall be posted to Non focal places only.
10. The provisions of G.O.Ms.No. 610 G.A.(SPF.A) Department dated 30-12-1985 shall be strictly adhered to and the Ratios prescribed maintained.
11. The following lists shall be notified in the website of the Department concerned:-
(i) The list of names of the persons who applied for transfer with total of the Entitlement points in descending order.
(ii) Subject, college and zone-wise clear vacancy position and the list of posts where persons have been working for 5 years or more.
12. All the employees seeking Transfer shall indicate (3) places in the order of preference when more than one employee opts for a particular place, Preference shall be given to a person who has put in longest service in a particular station, subject to the employee not having charges pending against him/her.
Note: Candidates have to keep in mind the focal and non focal places while exercising the places of option.
13. Wherever a Woman employee working in other than Women Degree Colleges/ Women Polytechnic opts for a post in Women Degree Colleges/ Women Polytechnic, she shall be posted by shifting a male person working against such post against the norms.
14. Counseling will be held on specified dates and the persons attending the Counseling will not be entitled to any TA/DA. However it will be treated as “On Duty”. The Orders of Transfers shall be given immediately at the end of Counseling for the cases where the CTE/ CCE is the competent authority.
15. Lists of applicants will be arranged subject-wise and zone-wise in the descending order of total points scored. Such lists shall be displayed on the notice board at the counseling camp and the website. The applicants called in the order of merit shall choose any of the vacant posts available at the point of time and exercise his/her option in writing/ online. In case two or more applicants secure equal score, preference shall be given to the employee who has put in longer Stay in the present station.
16. Video counseling may be held wherever deemed necessary by competent autority.
17. Transfers will be effected from focal to non-focal, non-focal to non-focal or from non-focal to focal posts only, in no case, transfers will be from one focal post to another focal post.
Category of Post
30% HRA (under state pay scales Area)
20% HRA Area
14.5% HRA Area
12.5% HRA Area
10% HRA Area
18. In case of autonomous Degree Colleges the transfers shall be affected as per the recommendations of the Committee constituted vide G.O.Ms.No.42, Higher Education (UE.I-1) Department, Dated: 04-06-2001.
19. The transfers effected shall be displayed on the Website after completion of counseling.
20. Those who are transferred shall be relieved from the present place of working immediately on receipt of the transfer orders.
21. Under any circumstances the person will be deemed to have been relieved at the end of 7 days of the receipt of the order. Any violation of this condition shall be viewed seriously by the Government.
22. Those who are transferred on request shall not be entitled to any TA/ DA and joining time since the transfers are at their request.
23. Anybody who has submitted false information and/ or certificates and also the officers, who have countersigned such false information, are liable for disciplinary action, as well as criminal action.
24. The transfer application form may be downloaded from the website www.dte.nic.in & www.apcce.gov.in as the case may be.
G.O.Rt.No. 327.Dated: 04-05-2013.Read the following:-
1.G.O.Ms.No.100, Finance (DCM-III) Deptt., Dt.22-04-2013.
2.From the CTE, Hyd., Lr.No.C2/7189/2013, Dt.30-04-2013.
3.From the CCE, Hyd., Lr.No.190/Ser.II-3/2012, Dt.29-04-2013