Government of Andhra Pradesh with G.O.RT.No. 792 Dated:07-11-2015 Agriculture & Cooperation (Agri.II) Department have informed that, the Government of AP have decided to allocate 1200 Multi Purpose Extension Officer (MPEOs) posts for Horticulture Department out of 6354 MPEO posts with exclusive qualification of Diploma in Horticulture.
Commissioner of Horticulture, AP, Hyderabad has submitted proposal to issue necessary orders for appointment of 1200 Multi Purpose Extension Officer (MPEOs) posts in Horticulture Department at a consolidated honorarium of Rs.8000/- per month without any allowance. He has furnished draft guidelines regarding duties & responsibilities, qualifications, selection procedure for MPEOs.
After careful examination, Government hereby accord permission to Commissioner of Horticulture for appointment of Twelve Hundred (1200) Multi Purpose Extension Officers in Horticulture Department purely on contractual basis with consolidated honorarium of Rs.8000/- per month without any allowances. The guidelines regarding qualifications, selection procedure, duties and responsibilities, etc., for Multi Purpose Extension Officer (MPEOs) are appended as Annexure- I & II to this order.
The period of contract of Multi Purpose Extension Officer (Horticulture) is one year. However, the service of the individual can be terminated at any time, if they fail to perform their duties satisfactorily without any notice or without assigning any reasons. They shall not claim any right over the post of Multi Purpose Extension Officer (Horticulture) or time scale. They shall discharge the duties of Multi Purpose Extension Officer (Horticulture) and draw the consolidated honorarium of Rs.8,000/- per month.
The Commissioner of Horticulture, AP, Hyderabad shall take further necessary action in the matter and send compliance report to the Government immediately.
ANNEXURE-A to G.O.RT.No. 792, A&C (H&S) Dept., dt.07.11.2015
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF MULTI PURPOSE EXTENSION OFFICERS (HORTICULTURE)
- MPEOs (Horticulture) shall reside in the cluster head quarters as decided by the District Administration.
- Shall work under the direct control of Horticulture Officers.
- Should sensitize the farmers on different issues related to Horticulture crops.
- MPEOs (Horticulture) should assist Horticulture Officers in communicating required information to farming community with regard to different departmental schemes and latest/improved technologies for pre and post harvest.
- Maintain the record/statistics of all Horticulture Crops area in his jurisdiction with regard to farmer information, cropping pattern, availability of resources, practices being followed, marketing etc.,
- Also maintain scheme implementation registers in their area.
- Assist the Horticulture Officers and other supervisory officers in field visits.
- MPEOs (Horticulture) should motivate the farmers and collect applications and complete documentation for implementation of various departmental schemes like State Plan schemes/MIDH/RKVY/NMOOP/APMIP etc.,
- Should mobilize farmers for organizing training programmes/Exposure visits/after sales service campaigns, buyers and sellers meet etc.,
- Should actively participate in conduct of surveys with regard to Natural Calamities/Drought etc.,
- Maintain weather watch report and also coordinate other bankable schemes.
- In respect of horticulture crops covered with Crop insurance, the MPEOs shall create awareness among farmers and educate them about the facilities being provided by the Government and motivate them to go for crop insurance.
- Shall provide information to the farmers with regard to subsidy schemes/incentives/farm equipment that are being provided by the Department under different programmes and educate the farmers to make use of these facilities.
- MPEOs (Horticulture) shall update their knowledge with regard to different schemes of the Line Department which are integrated with horticulture department for providing necessary information to the farming community.
- Should also attend any other duties as assigned by the Horticulture Officer or ADH/DDH at district level.
ANNEXURE-B to G.O.RT.No. 792, A&C (H&S) Dept., dt.07.11.2015
QUQLIFICATIONS AND SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR RECRUITMENT OF MULTI PURPOSE EXTENSION OFFICERS (HORTICULTURE)
- Educational Qualification: Sc (Hort.,), B.Sc. (Agri.), Horticulture Polytechnic Diploma Holders(Dr. YSRHU/ recognized Universities) and ordinary B.Sc./M.Sc. with Horticulture (as Optional subjects) in the second preference.
- Order of preference will be given to candidates having B.Sc., (Hort.,) Degree or B.Sc. (Agri.) followed by Horticulture Polytechnic Diploma holders and then ordinary B.Sc.,/M.Sc., Degree with Horticulture as one of the Optional subjects.
The selection for the posts of Multi Purpose Extension Officers (Horticulture) shall be done by the District Selection Committee constituted for the purpose with the following officers :
|District Collector/Joint Collector||:||Chairman|
|DD Horticulture/AD Horticulture||:||Member/Convener|
|JD Agriculture or person authorized by JDA||:||Member|
|Representative from YSR Hort. University||:||Member|
- The section among the applicants will be made in the following order of preference.
|Category-I||:||B. Sc.,(Horticulture) / B.Sc., (Agriculture)|
|Category-II||:||Horticulture Polytechnic Diploma Holders|
|Category-III||:||Ordinary B.Sc.,/M.Sc., with Horticulture as one of the Optional|
|Subjects studied in recognized universities in Andhra Pradesh.|
The Committee will commence the selection first from among the applicants in the first category. If sufficient number of candidates are not available, the Committee will select candidates from among the applicants in second category. If sufficient number of candidates are not available under second category, then the committee will select from among the Candidates under third category.
Candidate must be within the maximum age Limit of 40 years. The age relaxation in respect of SC, ST, BC and PH candidates shall be allowed as per the provisions under Rule-12 of APS &SS Rules.
- Selection shall be done through open advertisement in local news papers.
- Selection will be on – 80% merit (Educational Qualification) and 20% based on performance in interviews.
- 80% of the posts will be filled with LOCAL candidates and the remaining 20% will be filled with NON-LOCAL candidates as per rules in force.
- Roaster system and rule of reservation shall be followed as per rules.
- . Read the following :- 1)Memo.No.5541/Agri.II/A2/2014, A&C (Agri.II) Dept., dt:25.07.2015 2) From the Commissioner of Horticulture, AP, Hyderabad Lr.No.Estt.II(1)/53/2015, dated: 17-08-2015 and dt.03.09.2015