Government of Andhra Pradesh have issued orders for Admission of Foreign Nationals / Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs) / Children of Indian workers in the Gulf Countries seeking admissions in the Engineering Colleges in the State of Andhra Pradesh.
The Government have noticed that certain institutions in the State are admitting students from foreign countries without following the guidelines. Government have also absorbed that there is no mechanism to supervise & monitor the admission of such students in their institutions. In order to streamline the admission procedure Government have decided to issue detail guidelines in the matter.
Therefore, Government in supesession of the orders issued in the G.O 1st read above, hereby issue the following guidelines for admission of Foreign Nationals/PIO/ Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries into All India Council for Technical Education approved Institutions in the State under Supernumerary quota:-
Guidelines for admission of Foreign Nationals/PIO/ Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries into AICTE approved Institutions under Supernumerary quota Supernumerary seats and distribution of seats:
- The supernumerary quota for Foreign Nationals/PIO/Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries (FN/PIO/CWG) shall be applicable only to those AICTE approved institutions offering Technical courses leading to Degree and Post Graduate Degree in Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, Architecture & Town Planning, MBA & MCA which have approval for the seats/scheme for every academic year.
- No institute shall fill in excess of 15% of the approved intake seats per course under this programme.
- The supernumerary seats shall be exclusively meant for the said three categories of FN/PIO/CWG students provided that 1/3rd of the 15% seats shall be reserved to each of these categories.
- Any vacant seats out of 1/3rd reserved for each category shall be open for admission to other categories.
- Under no circumstances a seat remains unfilled shall be allowed to anyone other than the said categories.
- Foreign nationals/ PIO/Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries admitted in the approved institutions as Govt. of India nominee shall be included within the ceiling of 15% only.
- The candidate seeking admission under this category of Foreign nationals/PIO/Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries in any of professional courses should satisfy the eligibility criteria as prescribed by All India Council for Technical Education in All India Council for Technical Education approved process Hand book from time to time.
- The Institutions shall admit students under Foreign Nationals/PIO/Children of Indian workers in Gulf countries categories directly or through Government recognized Educational Agencies upto the limit of intake permitted by All India Council for Technical Education subject to obtaining affiliation to the programme from the concerned university.
- Admissions to the institutions under this scheme shall be done on merit basis among applicants.
- The Institutions shall adhere to the admission schedule announced by the Government/Competent Authority in respect of the courses offered. However, the institutions are required to submit the complete list of students admitted latest by 31st of July of the academic year indicating the following details.
(a) Back ground and track record of the Students
(b) Passport particulars
(c) Residential Addresses
(d) Country of Origin
(e) Visa documents and such other documents as may be necessary
(f) Fee charged.
- Such lists shall be submitted to the following authorities. An amount of Rs.500/- per student shall be paid towards service charges in the form of DD obtained from any nationalized bank in favour of the Secretary, A.P. State Council of Higher Education , Hyderabad along with a request of process and accord approvals and be furnished to
- Competent Authority (A.P. State Council of Higher Education)
b. Commissioner of Technical Education, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh.
- It shall be incumbent upon the institution to verify the bonafide of the students, their background and track records ensuring the interests of the country and its security concerns before giving admission.
Authority for approval of admissions:
- A committee under the Chairmanship of Commissioner of Technical Education with the following members shall be constituted to look into the list of admitted candidates along with the relevant documents.
- Commissioner of Technical Education (CTE), Govt. of A.P.
- Secretary, A.P. State Council of Higher Education.
- Joint Director, O/o Commissioner of Technical Education (Convener)
- The Commissioner of Technical Education shall address the Police authorities by sending relevant records of all the candidates admitted and received from the respective institutions for verification of their credentials namely passport, visa, country of origin, background etc.
- The Secretary, A.P. State Council of Higher Education along with the officials concerned in State Council shall verify the academic credentials of admitted candidates as per All India Council for Technical Education guidelines.
- The Committee then forward the lists to the Competent Authority for final grant of necessary approval of admissions.
- The Competent Authority shall send the relevant information regarding the candidates admitted to the Principal Secretary to Govt., Higher Education Department for onward transmission to the Ministry of External Affairs and All India Council for Technical Education , New Delhi and also to the Registrar of the university concerned.
- The admission & Fee Regulatory Committee (AFRC) shall fix the Tuition fee and other fee for candidates to be admitted under the scheme. Fees prescribed for NRI quota seats shall not be applicable to these admissions. The children of Indian workers in Gulf countries shall be treated at par with resident citizens.
The Commissioner of Technical Education / Secretary, A.P. State Council of Higher Education, Hyderabad shall take necessary further action accordingly.
G.O.Ms.No. 49 Dated:25.06.2013.
1) G.O.Ms.No.9, Higher Education (EC.2) Dept., Dt.29.1.2010.
2) From the Secretary, APSCHE Lr.No.APSCHE/Secy/CETs/May, Dt.28.5.2013.