Government of Andhra Pradesh has taken into consideration the crisis in Powerloom Sector. Accordingly, as per the recommendations of the Andhra Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission (APERC), Government have accorded sanction to provide relief in power tariff and reduced power tariff for Powerloom units from Rs.1.74 per unit to Rs.0.87 per unit upto 5 HP load w.e.f. 1-10-2001. Accordingly, Government have been sanctioning amounts to the Andhra Pradesh Transmission Corporation (APTRANSCO), for providing power tariff concession to Powerloom units from 1-10-2001 on wards. Government have accorded permission for continuation of the scheme from time to time upto 31-03-2010.
Director of Handlooms and Textiles has recommended to exempt the Powerloom Weavers from payment of FSA charges on the basis of representations received from different Powerloom Weavers welfare associations and recommended to release an amount of Rs.759.08 lakhs to reimburse 100% FSA to Powerloom units in the State who are availing 50% power tariff subsidy and exempt them from payment of FSA burden in future also, based on the communication received from the APTRANSCO, Hyderabad.
Government of AP , after examination of the matter and as a Policy decision, have decided and accordingly hereby exempt 100% FSA charges to Powerloom workers, who are availing 50% power tariff subsidy and sanction and release Rs.7.5908 Crores towards pending claims for the Financial years 2010-11 and 2011-12.
The expenditure sanctioned in para 3rd above shall be debited to the following Head of Account:-
“2851 – Village and Small Industries,
MH-103 – Handloom Industries, Schemes included in Plan.
G.H.11 – Normal State Plan
SH(38) – Financial assistance to Handlooms and Textiles Promotion.
310 – Grants-in-Aid
312 – Other Grants-in-aid
The Director of Handlooms and Textiles and Apparel Exports Parks, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad is authorized to draw and disburse the amount for the purpose for which it is sanctioned.
This order issues with concurrence of Finance (Exp.I&C) Department vide their U.O.No.1321/386/Fin(Exp I&C)2013 Dated 28.11.2013 and as per Budget Release Order issued vide reference.
G.O Rt. No. 690 Dated 04.12.2013
1. Go.Ms.No.518, Industries & Commerce (Tex,) Department dated 12/10/2001.
2. Representation of Sircilla Polyester and Cotton power looms job workers welfare association dated 10/01/2013.
3. From the Director of Handlooms & Textiles & AEPs, A.P., Hyderabad Lr.Rc.No.634/13-P, dated 22/01/2013.
4. G.O.Rt.No.1624 Fin. (Exp.I&C) Dept. dated 01.04.2013.
5. From the Director of Handlooms & Textiles & AEPs, A.P., Hyderabad Lr.Rc.No.4272/2011-P, dated 08/05/2013.
6. G.O.Rt.No.2547 Fin. (Exp.I&C) Dept. dated 04.07.2013.
7. G.O.Rt.No.4217 Fin. (Exp.I&C) Dept. dated 27.11.2013.