Govt. of India, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology Department of Electronics & Information Technology has informed that a national portal on e-TAAL (Electronic Transaction and Aggregation Layer) (http://etaal.gov.in) has been developed by National Informatics Centre (NIC) to provide an aggregated view of e-transactions of the services under various e-Governance initiatives of Central and State Government across the country . This system captures the real time transactions statics of various e-services implemented through these applications, which can be connected to e-TAAL effortlessly and securely through web services technology.
The Secretary, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Government of India has stated that the following are the benefits for the department connected to e-TAAL:
a) The features of this portal would give the user of departments a very good MIS and monitoring tools. The real time MIS on e-Transactions gets customized to the State/ Department automatically on enrolment with the portal.
b) The transparency in the delivery of services would be greatly enhanced.
c) e-TAAL can provide a platform for motivating the departments and agencies to implement e-Transaction oriented and citizen centre e-Governance projects.
d) Enable each State to get a national level comparative picture of the nature and volume of e- Services being provided by other States.
e) e-TAAL enhances the visibility of e-Governance efforts.
3. To ensure smooth functioning and management of the e-TAAL services a National Level Project Management Committee (NPMC) has been constituted with the following terms of reference:
1. Identification of e-Services for inclusion in eTAAL as per the criteria specified.
2. Formulation of policies regarding classification of e-Transactional e-Services.
3. Monitor reporting of transactions to eTAAL by various Ministries / Departments of the Central government.
4. Provide guidance to various stakeholders for smooth implementation.
5. Organize workshops, training and awareness programmes for promotion of
4. Further the Secretary, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology has stated that it is necessary for such a committee to be constituted in each State / UT also and requested to constitute a State Level Project Management Committee (SPMC) with similar terms of reference as mentioned in pre para.
The Government of AP after examination hereby constitutes a Committee with the following composition with the term of references as mentioned in para 3 above.
a) Secretary, IT of the State/UT … Chairman
b) Representatives of the SeMT … Member
c) State Informatics Centre of NIC … Member
d) Director,ESD – MeeSeva … Member Secretary
G.O.Ms No.17 Date: 17.10.2013
Lr.No.3(8)/2013-EG, II, dated 08.08.2013 received from The Secretary, Govt. Of India, Ministry of Communications & Information Technology, Department of Electronics & Information Technology.