Orders have been issued notifying the Compartment Nos.656 (372.23 Ha.), 657 (592.35 Ha.), 694 (283.99 Ha) & 697 (163.57 Ha) with a total area of 1412.14 Ha. in Velugodu Reserve Forest, Atmakur WLM Division of Project Tiger Circle, Srisailam, to set up “Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy Smruthi Vanam”.
Orders have been issued for approval of the Project Proposals of “Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy Smruthi Vanam” and also accorded sanction for creation of 33 posts for the Project Directorate.
The Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Hyderabad has reported that the works relating to “Dr. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy Smruthi Vanam” are coming to an end soon. As per the orders issued by the Govt. after completion of the Developmental works of the Project, the project has to be handed over to the Divisional Forest Officer, Wildlife Management Division, Atmakur for subsequent maintenance of the project. Hence, it is proposed to constitute a committee with certain members and the District Collector, Kurnool is the Chairman of the Committee. The committee has to monitor the works viz., maintenance of all project components, entry fee, procurement of funds for maintenance of the project, fixing of fees for other activities like entry to view tower, Interpretation centre, play area and the modalities for ploughing back the revenue for the maintenance of the Smruthi Vanam area etc.
Govt. after careful examination, hereby constitute a committee for monitoring and maintenance of the project with the following members:
1. District Collector, Kurnool – Chairman
2. Field Director, Project Tiger Srisailam – Special Invitee
3. Revenue Divisional Officer, Kurnool – Member
4. Executive Engineer, R&B, Nandyal – Member
5. Dy. Director, Horticulture, Kurnool – Member
6. Divisional Forest Officer, WLM Atmakur – Member Convener
The said committee shall monitor the following items of works:
1. Maintenance of all project components.
2. Entry fee, if any to be fixed / reviewed.
3. Procurement / raising of funds for maintenance of the project.
4. Fixing of fees for other activities like entry to view tower, Interpretation centre, play area etc…. and;
5. The modalities for ploughing back the revenue for the maintenance of the Smruthi Vanam area.
G.O.Ms.No. 26 Dated.21.03.2013 Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.83, EFS&T (For.II) Dept., dt. 30.09.2009.
2. G.O.Ms.No.74, EFS&T (For.II) Dept., dt. 15.04.2010.
3. From the PCCF, Hyd., Lr.Rc.No.42708/2009/FDA-1, Dt.09.11.2012.