Administrative sanction was accorded for an amount of Rs. 785.00 Crores for Construction of Somasila High Level Canal (LIS) in SPSR Nellore District, to be taken up in two stages. Under stage-1, a detailed investigation, preparation of estimate and L.P schedules etc are to be taken up. After this process is over, execution of scheme is to be taken up under stage -II.
Chief Engineer, NTR TGP Srikalahasti has submitted the proposals dividing the Stage-II part of above scheme (execution of the scheme)into two phases. Under Phase-I formation of four balancing reservoirs including 5 pumping stations and excavation of 51.991 km of canal to irrigate an ayacut of 43,000 acres are proposed at an estimated cost of Rs. 1004.00 Crores with SSR 2013-14. He requested to permit him to take up the works on EPC Mode duly relaxing the G.O.Ms.No.1 Finance (W&P F7) Department, dated 25-02-2012.
Engineer-in-Chief (I), Hyderabad has examined the proposal of the CE, NTR TGP, Srikalahasti and submitted a revised estimate for the entire i.e both Phase – I & Phase-II. This revised estimate includes the cost of Phase – I works based on detailed estimate and the cost of phase –II works based on a tentative estimate which is worked out to Rs. 1586.68 Crores including cost of Land acquisition and R&R. There is an overall increase of Rs.801.68 Crores over the Administrative sanctioned value approved for the scheme earlier.
The main reasons for increase in the cost are
1) Earlier, the reservoir bund sections were considered as per MI standards without approval of individual sections. Now, the estimate is prepared with approved bund sections by CE/CDO. Surplus course arrangements were not considered earlier and the same are considered now.
2) PSC Pipes were considered earlier which are not efficient and suitable and now MS Pipes are adopted as per the norms being followed in various lift schemes.
3) Cost of 33 KV sub stations and power lines was not considered earlier and the same are considered now.
4) Provision for SCADA is not made earlier and the same is considered now, which will enable Auto synchronization of pumping stations.
5) Provision for maintenance for 13 years, Provision for labour cess, taxes and duties for pressure mains etc. were not made earlier and the same are provided now.
6) As the cost of works is increased, there is corresponding increase in provision for VAT.
5. Government after careful examination of the proposal here by accord revised administrative approval for an amount of Rs.1532.19 Crores (One Thousand Five Hundred Thirty Two Crores and Nineteen Lakhs only) for the work of construction of Anam Sanjeeva Reddy Somasila High Level Lift Canal. The execution of the scheme shall be taken up under EPC mode in a Phased manner i.e. in Phase-I, formation of four balancing reservoirs including 5 pumping stations and excavation of 51.991 km of canal to irrigate an ayacut of 43,000 acres costing Rs.1080.59 Crores which is inclusive of Preliminaries and other provisions. The remaining work will be taken under phase-II after testing the scheme for its efficiency under Phase-I.
6. The Chief Engineer, NTR TGP reported that the estimates were done on tentative drawings and that sub-strata exploration had not been done to make detailed estimates. In order to compress the time required to complete the project and to give benefit to farmers as quickly as possible and taking into consideration that detailed estimates would take further time, the Government have decided to relax G.O.Ms.No.1.Finance (W&P-F7) Department, dated 25-02-2012 which stipulates that an irrigation project has to be taken up in two stages, i.e detailed survey stage and execution stage. The Government now orders that the project shall be taken up under EPC mode and that stage I & II of the project shall be taken up simultaneously.
7. The expenditure sanctioned in para (5) above shall be debited to the Head of account “MH 4700 COL on Major and Medium Irrigation-01- Major Irrigation (Commercial) MH 112 Somasila Project GH -11-SH 27 Canals and Distributaries -530 Major works 531 – Other expenditure”.
8. The Chief Engineer, NTR TGP, Srikalahasti shall take further action in the matter accordingly.
9. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (W&P) Department vide their U.O.No.3793/F7(A2)/13-1 Dt.09.12.2013.
G.O.Ms.No. 120 Dated:21-12-2013
1. G.O.Ms.No.81 I&CAD (P.W.M&MI-R1) Department dt. 05.11.2012.
2. From the Chief Engineer, NTR TGP, Srikalahasti Lr. No.CE/ NTR –TGP/SKHT/Somasila HLC/43 Dt. 07.10.2013
3. From the Engineer-in-Chief (I), Hyderabad. Lr.No.ENC(I)/ DCE/GDS/O.T-1/AEE 1/Somasila HLC dt. 08.11.2013.