Agrl. & Coop. Department – Horticulture – Development of Commercial Floriculture in Kuppam Region of Chittoor District as Pilot Project – Administrative sanction – Accorded – Orders – Issued AGRICULTURE AND COOPERATION (HORTI. & SERI.) DEPARTMENT G.O.Ms.No. . Dated : 21-02-2015.
1) From the Commissioner of Horticulture, Hyderabad Lr.No.COH/KP/ 2014, dt.27-09-2014. 2) From the Commissioner of Horticulture, Hyderabad Lr.No.SHM/ 8-4/KP/2014, dt.13.11.2014. 3) From the Dist.Collector, Chittoor Dist. Lr.Roc.No.01/KADA/2014, dt.27.12.2014
Commissioner of Horticulture, Hyderabad has stated that the Department has identified Kuppam Region of Chittoor District which has tremendous potential to expand area under floriculture in naturally ventilated poly houses as the environment is suitable for cultivation of roses. This region has the advantage of proximity to major cities like Chennai and Bangalore for marketing the produce. Realising the scope for promotion of commercial floriculture in Kuppam, the NABCONS to study the feasibility and economic validity of a project and to submit the detailed project report. Accordingly, NABBCONS has surveyed the area, studied the production scope and constraints, market potential and submitted the report with options and suggestions for further action. The Commissioner of Horticulture, Hyderabad requested the Government to approve the proposal to promote commercial floriculture in Kuppam region for the benefit of farmers as a Pilot Project
2. The District Collector, Chittoor in his letter 3rd read above, has stated that Kuppam Area Development Authority (KADA) has already identified the land in 10 acres and handed over to the Horticulture Department for demonstrating latest technologies and best practices to improve the productivity and providing market opportunities and forward linkages.
3. Government after careful examination of the proposal of the Commissioner of Horticulture, Hyderabad hereby accord administrative sanction for taking up the project for Development of Commercial Floriculture in Kuppam Region of Chittoor District as Pilot Project duly utilizing the funds from BE for 2014-15 of the Department with an estimated cost of Rs.306.00 lakhs. The funds shall also be utilized establishment & maintenance of Kuppam Regional Institute for Sharing Horticulture Information (KRISHI) incubator center for at least 3 years. The Special Committee headed by the District Collector, Chittoor shall execute and monitor of the project.
4. The Commissioner of Horticulture, Hyderabad is requested to take necessary further action accordingly.
5. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (EBS.II) Department vide their .O.No.6483/150/A1/EBS.II/14, dt.01-12-2014.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)