The Government of India, during the year 1995-1996, introduced a programme called National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) in which one of the components is National Family Benefit Scheme (NFBS). Under National Family Benefit Scheme on the death of any primary bread earner of a family within the age group of 18-64 years the surviving head of the household is entitled for a benefit of Rs.10,000 and the household should be Below Poverty Line.
Government of India, in the reference first read above, has provided requisite flexibility in the choice and implementation of the Schemes under NSAP. As per the flexibility given by Government of India, Government of Andhra Pradesh vide the reference second read above, issued orders to change the extent of financial assistance from Rs.10,000/- to Rs.5,000/- to each family under NFBS with an intention to reach out to a larger number of beneficiaries.
Further, Government of India, vide the reference fifth read above, has increased one time assistance from Rs.10,000/- to Rs.20,000/- to each family under NFBS in the death of primary bread earner in the age group of 18-59 years i.e., more than 18 years of age and less than 60 years in BPL families from 18th October, 2012 onwards.
Chief Executive Officer, SERP, A.P., Hyderabad has requested the Government to sanction of Financial Assistance to all eligible 52,850 beneficiaries under NFBS (National Family Benefit Scheme).
After examination of the proposal of the Chief Executive Officer, SERP, the Government have decided to limit NFBS to the 18,700 cases @Rs.20,000/- for household selected based on priority criteria with effect from 1.04.2013 onwards and issue the following guidelines for implementation of the National Family Benefit Scheme.
6. The applicants who were assisted under Aam Admi Bheema Yojana (AABY) / Janasree Bheema Yojana (JBY) would be eliminated.
7. Procedure for collection of applicants data and prioritization
A separate module shall be developed in the existing SSP software and provide logins to the District Revenue Officers for entering the applicant’s data in the case of death of the primary bread earner that occurred after 31.03.2013, under BPL category, including the bank account details of the applicant of validation at State level and to prioritize the list of beneficiaries as per the procedure given below.
8. Prioritization of the beneficiaries
1. After receipt of the applicants data from the DROs, prioritization for selection of eligible beneficiaries should be done in the following manner.
1.1 Family holding a white ration card is alone eligible under NFBS
1.2 Families which have suffered death of a male primary bread winner leaving behind a widow and /or minor children alone are eligible.
1.3 Among these eligible families further selection should be done and benefit transferred in the following manner.
i) Families belonging to SC/ST households.
ii) To those families, where the minor children are orphaned.
iii) To those families, where one or more minor children are disabled.
iv) To those families, where the only child is a girl.
v) To those families, where one or more minor children are all girls.
vi) To those families, where there is only one child.
vii) To those families, wherein there is no adult male member.
viii) To those families, hailing from Minorities and BC/OC categories, strictly in that order.
9. Release of assistance
Funds shall be located in a separate State Nodal Bank Account identified by Chief Executive Officer, SERP which have enabled electronic transfer of assistance to the beneficiaries account through DRO concerned.
10. The DRO shall disburse the assistance to the beneficiary immediately and submit the electronic UC to State.
11. The un-utilized funds available as on date with all the Districts shall be refunded to the NFBS SNA account immediately.
12. The Chief Executive Officer, SERP, A.P., Hyderabad shall take immediate necessary further steps for implementation of the scheme.
13. This order issues with the concurrence of Finance (WA.I) Department in their U.O.No.5375/148/WA.I/RD/2013, Dt.02.09.2013.
D.O.Lr.No.11080/13/01-NSAP, Dated:5.06.2002 from Deputy Secretary (NSAP), GoI, MoRD, New Delhi.
- G.O.Ms.No.216, PR & RD (RD.I) Dept., dated:09.07.2003.
- Govt.Memo.No.16611/RD.II/A2/2008, dated:28.07.2008.
- Govt.Memo.No.14201/RD.II/A2/2009, dated:03.01.2011and 07.12.2001.
- GoI, Lr.No.J-11015/1/2012-NSAP, dated:08.12.2012.
- F.No.4206/RD-SHG SSP/2013, Dt.13.07.2013 from the CEO, SERP, A.P., Hyderabad.