The World Health Organization on 24th March, 2012 has declared that India is no more a Polio endemic Country and to obtain Poliomyelitis eradication Certificate. It is also to be ensured that all laboratory sources of wild polio viruses are destroyed or stored in a facility that meets International Standards of Bio safety. The World Health Organizations Global Action Plan for laboratory containment of Wild Polioviruses, advises that when Polio cases are decreasing in the Countries, the National Health Authorities are required to alert Laboratories to the impending eradication of Polio, encourage destruction of all un needed wild poliovirus materials, and compile a national inventory of all biomedical laboratories choosing to retain such materials.
Commissioner of Health & Family Welfare, AP, Hyderabad has proposed to constitute State Task Force Committee for laboratories containment of wild poliovirus.
Government of Andhra Pradesh after examination of matter hereby constitute the State Task Force Committee for laboratories containment of wild poliovirus with the following:-
1) Chief Secretary – Chair Person
2) Principal Secretary, HM&FW Dept. – Co-Chair Person
3) Commissioner of Health & Family Welfare – Member
4) Principal Secretary, Agriculture Dept. – Member
5) Principal Secretary, MA&UD Dept. – Member
6) Principal Secretary, RWS Dept. – Member
7) Joint Director, CH&I – Member/ Convener
8) Director of Medical Education – Member
9) Director of Public Health & Family Welfare – Member
10). Commissioner, APVVP – Member
11). WHO Country Officer – Member
12) Vice Chancellor of Osmania University, Hyderabad – Member
13) Registrar, Dr NTR University of Health Sciences, Vijayawada – Member The Commissioner of Health & Family Welfare, AP, Hyderabad is requested to take further necessary action in the matter accordingly.
G.O.Ms.No. 158 Dated:01/10/2013.
- From the Hon’be Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India, New Delhi D.O. No.312/2003-ECD.I(IV), Dt:4/2/2013.
- From the Commissioner of Health & Family Welfare, AP, Hyderabad D.O. Lr.No.306/JD(CH&I)/2013, Dt:4/6/2013.