The Government Andhra Pradesh with G.O.Ms.No.358. Dated:22.06.2013 after examination of suggestions received from various stakeholders hereby formulate the Excise Policy 2013-14 in relation to retail liquor shops during the Excise Year 2013-14:
1. The privilege of selling liquor through retail shops shall be renewed by collecting fixed licence fee based on population, as per 2011 Census, of the places (Corporation/ Municipality/Town/Village) for the year 2013-14.
2. The Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise is permitted to relocate the un- disposed A4 shops from any locality / area as he thinks fit, but he shall not relocate the A4 shop from higher licence fee slab to lower licence fee slab.
3. The method of selection for grant of shop licences of the un-disposed shops shall be by drawl of lots.
4. The period of licence shall be one year i.e., for the year 2013-14. There will be however no right of subsequent renewal beyond 2013-14.
5. The number of retail shops shall be retained at the present level (6596).
6. The Andhra Pradesh Beverages Corporation Limited outlets established under rule 18(1) of Andhra Pradesh Excise (Grant of licence of selling by shop and conditions of licence) Rules, 2012, however will continue to function unless and until those un-disposed A4 shops are disposed-off by drawl of lots and established.
7. The Andhra Pradesh Beverages Corporation Limited outlets established under rule 18 (2) of Andhra Pradesh Excise (Grant of licence of selling by shop and conditions of licence) Rules, 2012, will continue to function for the year 2013-14 also.
8. The licence fee for different population slabs shall be as follows:
|Sl. No.||Population Slab||
Annual Licence Fee per
shop (Rs. Lakh)
|Up to 10,000||
|Above 10,000 up to 50,000||
|Above 50,000 up to 3 lakh||
|Above 3 lakh up to 5 lakh||
|Above 5 lakh up to 20 lakh||
|Above 20 lakh||
In addition a licensee will be required to pay Privilege Fee @ 8% plus applicable VAT on the invoice value of liquor purchased during the licence year in excess of seven times the annual licence fee. However, no retailer margin will be allowed on such Privilege Fee component.
9. Intensive campaign to educate the public about the evil effects of drinking shall be taken up.
10. Steps will be taken to initiate the establishment of de-addiction centre one each in every district in the State in consultation with Health, Medical & Family Welfare Department.
In exercise of the powers conferred by section 72 read with sections 17, 28 and 29 of the Andhra Pradesh Excise Act, 1968 (Andhra Pradesh Act 17 of 1968) the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby makes the following amendments to the Andhra Pradesh Excise (Grant of licence of selling by shop and conditions of licence) Rules, 2012 issued in G.O.Ms.No.391, Revenue (Ex.II) Department, dated the 18th June, 2012 and published in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette in Rules Supplement to part II, Extraordinary No.1, dated the 18th June, 2012 and amended from time to time:
1. in rule 4 after the words “under Rule-5” the words “and may relocate any un-disposed shops from any area / locality as he thinks fit”, may be added.
2. in rule 16(9) for the word “six” the word “seven” shall be substituted.
3. in rule 17 after the words “the Commissioner of Prohibition & Excise”. the words “The first applicant shall continue to be responsible for the licence fee of that shop till the next successful applicant takes over” shall be added.
4. in rule 25 the second para in Rule 25(2) shall be deleted. in rule 25 (2) after the words “plinth area of 15 Square mtrs the words “and a maximum plinth area of 50 square mtrs” shall be added. 5. in rule 26 the figure Rs. 1,00,000/- shall be substituted by the figure Rs.2,00,000/-.
G.O.Ms.No.357. Dated:22.06.2013 Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms. No.391, Rev (Ex.II) Dept, dated:18.06.2012.
2. From the Commr.of Prohibition & Excise, A.P., Hyderabad, D.O.Lr.in Cr.No.3600/2010/CPE/G2, Dated: 08.05.2013 and 06.06.2013