G.O.MS.No. 134 Dated: 08-09-2015. NOTIFICATION
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India and in suppression of the special and adhoc rules issued earlier in respect of Assistant Engineer posts in Irrigation & CAD Department, the Governor of Telangana hereby makes the following Special Rules for the Telangana Irrigation Engineering Subordinate Service.
- Short title
These rules may be called as the Telangana Irrigation Engineering Subordinate Service Rules 2015 in respect of Assistant Engineers
The service shall consist of the following classes and categories of posts namely:
Class – A:
Category (1): Assistant Engineer.
- Method of appointment:
Subject to the other provisions in these rules, the method of appointment to the below class and category shall be as follows:
|Class and Category||Method of appointment|
|Class – A|
|1. Assistant Engineer||i)||By direct recruitment.|
|ii)||By Promotion / Appointment by transfer:|
|a) By promotion from the category of|
|ATO/JTO/TA having 6 years of service (with|
|reference to the combined seniority based on|
|the date of appointment as JTO/TA)|
|b) By appointment by direct recruitment of in-|
|service provincialised Work Inspectors of all|
|grades having 6 years of service (with|
|reference to the combined seniority based on|
|the date of appointment as Work Inspector|
Note: Method of appointment for the post of Assistant Executive Engineer / Assistant Engineer cadre:
The ratio of cadre strength between Assistant Executive Engineer : Assistant Engineer is 75%:25% (common for all branches of Engineering)
- Against the 25% of Assistant Engineer cadre, 50% of Assistant Engineer strength will be made by direct recruitment and 50% of Assistant Engineer strength by promotion/appointment by transfer.
- Against 50% of Assistant Engineer strength by promotion/appointment by transfer – the ratio of promotion/appointment by transfer from the feeder category of ATO/JTO/TA and Work Inspectors shall be 3:2 i.e. out of 5 arising vacancies, 3 vacancies shall be filled by ATO/JTO/TA and 2 vacancies shall be filled by Work Inspectors.
- RULE OF RESERVATION:
Rule 22 Rule 22-A of the State and Subordinate Service Rules as amended from time to time shall be applied for the Direct Recruitment.
No person shall be eligible for appointment to the categories specified in Column (1) of the Annexure to these rules by the method specified in Column (2) unless he/she possesses the qualifications specified in the corresponding entry in column (3) thereof.
No person shall be eligible for appointment by direct recruitment if he/she is less than 18 years of age and if he/she has completed 34 years of age on the first day of July of the year in which the notification for selection is made and as amended from time to time by the Government.
- MINIMUM SERVICE:
Unless otherwise specified elsewhere in these rules no person shall be eligible for appointment by transfer or promotion unless he/she has put in not less than six years of service in the category from which such appointment by transfer or promotion is made.
- Every person appointed by Direct Recruitment to any of the posts shall, from the date on which he/she commences probation, be on probation for a total period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years.
- Every person appointed either by promotion or appointment by transfer, shall from the date on which he/she commences his/her probation, be on probation for a period of one year on duty within a continuous period of two years.
- Every person appointed by Direct recruitment or appointed by transfer to the post of Assistant Engineer, shall undergo immediately after appointment a course of training for such period and as per such programme and syllabus, as may be prescribed by the Engineer-in-Chief (Admn.Wing), from time to time.
- Every person appointed by direct recruitment shall before the commencement of training, execute an agreement bond that he/she shall serve the department for a period of three years after the completion of training referred to in Clause (a).
- He/She shall be liable to refund to the Government the pay and allowances and any other remuneration received by him/her in addition to the amount spent by the Government on his/her training:-
- if he/she fails to serve the Department for a period of three years after the completion of his/her training for any reason; or
- if he/she discontinues the training or is discharged from training course for misconduct or any other reason; or
- if he/she secures any other employment elsewhere than under the State Government.
- The period of training shall count for purposes of probation, increments, leave and pension.
- A direct recruit shall be eligible, during the period of training, for the initial pay of the post with usual allowances admissible at the place of posting.
Every person appointed to the post of Assistant Engineer by Direct recruitment / Promotion/ Appointment by transfer shall pass the Account test for P.W.D Officers and Subordinates within the period of probation. Provided that no such Assistant Engineer on probation shall be discharged for not passing the above test within the period of his/her probation, but his/her probation shall be extended and his/her increment shall be stopped till he/she passes the test. In such cases, the seniority shall be fixed as per the rules provided in State & Subordinate Service Rules.
- UNIT OF APPOINTMENT:
For the purpose of recruitment, appointment, discharge for want of vacancy and re-appointment, seniority, promotion, transfer and postings and appointment as full member to the post specified in Column No.2 of the table below, the unit of appointment shall be as specified in Column No.3 there of:
|Class||&||Post||Unit of Appointment|
|Engineer||Comprising the districts of Adilabad,|
|Karimnagar, Warangal and Khammam.|
|Comprising the districts of Hyderabad,|
|Nizamabad, Mahabubnagar, Medak,|
|Nalgonda and Rangareddy.|
: : 5 : :
- APPOINTING AUTORITY:
The Engineer- in-Chief (Admn.Wing) is the appointing authority for the category of Assistant Engineer.
- TRANSFERS AND POSTINGS:
The Engineer -in-Chief (Admn.Wing) shall be the competent authority to the post of Assistant Engineer for initial postings and subsequent transfers
The Commissioner of Printing, Stationary & Stores Purchase, Hyderabad. (with a request to publish the notification in Extra-ordinary issue of the Telangana Gazette and supply 500 copies)
The Engineer-in-Chief (AW), Irrigation & CAD Department, Hyderabad. The Secretary, TSPSC, Hyderabad (with covering letter).
|Class and||Method of||Qualifications|
|Class – A|
|Assistant Engineer||i) By direct||Must possess a Diploma in Civil Engineering|
|(Civil)||recruitment||awarded by the State Board of Technical|
|Education or its equivalent qualification|
|or||recognized by the State Board of Technical|
|Education of Telangana state|
|ii) By Promotion /||Or|
|Appointment by||Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering of a|
|university in India established or incorporated|
|by or under a Central Act, Provincial Act or a|
|State Act or an Institution recognized by the|
|UGC / AICTE or an equivalent qualification.|
|Assistant Engineer||i) By direct||Must possess a Diploma in Mechanical|
|Engineering awarded by the State Board of|
|Technical Education or its equivalent|
|or||qualification recognized by the State Board of|
|Technical Education of Telangana state|
|ii) By promotion /||Or|
|Appointment by||Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering|
|of a university in India established or|
|incorporated by or under a Central Act,|
|Provincial Act or a State Act or an Institution|
|recognized by the UGC / AICTE or an|