Constitution of a High Power Board to find out the cause of Prisoners in the Cherlapally Prison as per the Direction of Hon’ble High Court in PIL No. 246/2014 – Orders – Issued. HOME (SER.III) DEPARTMENT
G.O.RT.No. 443. Dated: 19-5-2015. From the Additional Advocate General, Lr.No. 100/2015, dt: 11.03.2015.
Additional Advocate General, has informed that Sri M.Salahuddin Ayub, S/o Sadiq Zaheeruddin, Plot.No. 259/A, MLA Colony, Road No. 12, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad has filed the Public Interest Litigation (PIL).No. 246/2014, seeking the following prayer:
“To issue a Writ of Mandamus, or any other appropriate Writ, order or direction, declaring the omissions/commissions of Respondents 1 to 3 is not extending the medical facilities to the prison inmates resulting into their deaths as illegal, arbitrary and violative of Article 1 of the Constitution and the said authorities shall be made liable for the same to order the 1st respondent (State of Telangana) to pay appropriate monetary compensation to all the prison inmates who lost their precious lives due to the dereliction of duties of the prison/medical staff and pass such other orders”.
2. He has further informed that the Hon’ble High Court in its orders dated 02.03.2015 has disposed the above said PIL with the following directions, requested to take necessary steps for implementation of the orders of the Hon’ble Court.
“As far as the medical facilities in the jail is concerned, the learned counsel says that a direction should be given to the Government to hold an enquiry with regard to the deaths occurred the Principal Secretary, State of Telangana, Department of Home, and Director of Medical and Health Services, State of Telangana, to make a joint enquiry on the following facts.
1. What are the causes for the death of the persons as mentioned in the writ petition and admitted by the State respondents in their counter affidavit, and
2. At whose negligence such deaths took place.
3. The Joint Director, (Medical) O/o Director of Medical Education, Telangana State, Hyderabad and Additional Secretary to Government, Home Department, who have conducted a preliminary joint enquiry and submitted their reports, with a recommendation to constitute a High Power Board with the officials of Medical Department, and Prisons authorities, to find out the cause of death of the Prisoners.
4. Government, after careful examination of the matter, hereby constitute a High Power Board a High Power Board consisting Director of Medical Education, Telangana, Hyderabad as Chairman, with the following officials as members, to find out the cause of death of Prisoners in the Cherlapally Prison, as per the Direction of Hon’ble High Court in PIL No. 246/2014.
1. Deputy Secretary to Govt., Home Department
2. Superintendent, Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad
3. Gandhi Medical College, Secunderabad,
4. Superintendent, Cherlapalli Prisons, Ranga Reddy, Dist.
5. Doctors of Cherlapalli Prisons, Ranga Reddy, Dist.
6. Director, Forensic, Department
5. The Director General, Prisons and Correctional Service, Telangana, Hyderabad and Director Medical Education, Telangana, Hyderabad shall take further necessary action in the matter and the committee shall be submit its report by 20.05.2015 positively.