Engineer-in-Chief, Rural Water Supply & Sanitation, Hyderabad has stated that the Superintending Engineers, TDWSP have submitted the proposals for consideration of certain executing agencies of Mission Bhagirtha to allow the sub contractors as they could not upload the sub contractor’s details at the time of uploading the bids as they are not able to finalize the sub contractors from the available eligible agencies in a short duration.
2. He has further stated that as per the tender conditions vide clause No. 27.1 of volume -1, part –A, of Mission Bhagiratha works, the bidder may sublet to a maximum extent of 49% of apportioned work. The Bidder shall furnish and upload the details of the sub contractors while uploading the bid document. The sub contractors shall have the registration and work experience. The Prime contractor shall satisfy the capacities of the sub contractor while proposing them as sub contractor. The relevant documents shall be forthwith submitted to the department before conclusion of agreement and also under clause No. 18.e of Volume -1, Part-A , submission of mandatory documents, the bidder shall invariably submit self attested documents of list of sub-contractors proposed to be uploaded on e- procurement platform .
3. He has also stated that due to add-on works like intra village distribution network, electro mechanical works in HMWSSB segments, laying of PLB duct, modifications as per the demands of resurvey and instructions of the Government, the scope of work in terms of quantity, value and requirement of men & machinery is increased but at the same time, the time-lines for commissioning is compressed as per the instructions of the Government. If more sub-contracting agencies having experience and registration are allowed as per apportioned 49% of the contract value as per the request by agencies, the additional men and machinery will be added to the existing manpower, machinery and may boost the progress of Mission Bhagiratha works to achieve the targets in compressed time-lines.
4. The Engineer-in-Chief, Rural Water Supply & Sanitation, Hyderabad has stated that the committee of Chief Engineers deliberated that the official sub letting may be permitted due to the genuine reasons as stated below to a maximum extent of 49% of apportioned work. This will also enable the sub-contractors to get elevated as contractors in future showing the work experience they gained in Mission Bhagiratha works, which would pave way for having more number of contractors for creating healthy competition in the newly formed state of Telangana.
Telangana Mission Bhagiratha Modification on subcontracting conditions
a. The scope of work is modified when compared with that of original, due to inclusion of.
1. Intra village network
2. Electro Mechanical works within HMWSSB segments
3. Unique decision of the Government to lay PLB Duct along with Mission Bhagiratha pipe line to facilitate optical fiber cable to provide broadband connection to each household.
4. Changes effected in locations / sizes of structures / pipe lines as per the demands of detailed survey and as per the instructions of Government from time to time to do away with small sized WTPs to bring down O&M expenditure.
b. The agreement value is increased due to adding on the above works.
c. Compression of original time lines of completion as per the instructions of the Government.
d. Agencies who have concluded agreement with the department have been requesting to allow them to part with some components out of their scope to some specialized sub-contractors keeping in view the need to complete enhanced scope of work in the compressed time lines.
e. Nagar Panchayat’s intra works and construction of structures in HMWSSB Segments are also added on to the original scope of agencies.
5. The Engineer-in-Chief, Rural Water Supply & Sanitation, Hyderabad has stated that there are no financial implications involved in the proposal regarding modification of conditions in sub-contracting clause and though the works are executed through the sub contractors, the quality of work does not get affected at all as the works are executed as per the tender conditions and specifications and in turn would enable in adding up qualified man power and machinery in boosting the progress of Mission Bhagiratha works to achieve the targets in compressed time schedule. However, the payments shall be made only to the prime contractors/agencies to the extent of work done by the sub-contractors.
6. He has requested the Govt. to issue suitable amendment to the clause No.27.1 and 27.5 of Volume-I of Part-I.
7. In the reference 2nd read above, Government have issued orders as follows:
“If the prime contractor desires to sub-let a part of the work he should submit the same at the time of filing tenders itself or during execution, giving the name of the proposed Sub-Contractor, along with details of his qualification and experience. The Tender Accepting Authority should verify the experience of the Sub-Contractor and if the Sub-Contractor satisfies the qualification criteria in- proportion to the value of work proposed to be sub-let, he may permit the same. The total value of works to be awarded on sub-letting shall not exceed 50% of contract value. The extent of subletting shall be added to the experience of the sub-contractor and to that extent deducted from that of the main contractor”.
8. Government after careful examination of the proposal submitted by the
Engineer-in-Chief, Rural Water Supply & Sanitation, Hyderabad and keeping in view the need to ensure speedy completion of Mission Bhagriratha works hereby accept the proposed amendment and accordingly issue the following amendment. This amendment is exclusively applicable to only Mission Bhagiratha works.